Am I the only one who hates Smurfs? [CS:GO]

Tim Drake

Thanks for backing my point up. I had no idea he was 17... that explains his maturity and his ignorance levels. How does a build have anything to do with me smurfing? People can surprise me at times. *facepalm*

I don't understand people sometimes, i really don't :L

There is a simple solution. Get better. No one should have to hold your hand because there is a better player destroying you, learn from it, adapt, then get better. If there was no skill difference or smurfs in CS GO you would likely be stuck at your rank forever. Every loss is an oppurtunity. Stop crying, pick yourself up, practice. This is coming from an LEM who started out at silver 2 about a year ago. Every smurf was an oppurtunity to learn along with pro streams and YouTube tutorials.

"Get better"

Great advice m8

Thanks for backing my point up. I had no idea he was 17... that explains his maturity and his ignorance levels. How does a build have anything to do with me smurfing? People can surprise me at times. *facepalm*

I was joking, ignorance not so much. Although I can be mature when certain people deserve it, you not so much.

I don't understand people sometimes, i really don't :L

So 17 year olds can't say "Kool m8"? What kind of world do you live on..

"Get better"

Great advice m8

In CS that's probably the best advice. 

In CS that's probably the best advice. 

To get better I need to face people who are slightly better than me to gradually improve not get thrown in the deep end.

Think of it like this:

• Swimming lessons which get gradually more challenging to teach you how to get better
  • Your swimming teacher throws you in the deep end and keeps taking you out until you learn how to swim.

This is how I would see it.

Silvers complaining what a shock

Lol i'm Gold Nova so if you could just fucking leave with your elitist attitude that would be gr8

P.S I complain because it deserves it.

Lol i'm Gold Nova so if you could just fucking leave with your elitist attitude that would be gr8

P.S I complain because it deserves it.

silver/nova is the same to most people

But hey im sure spending your time complaining rather than learning and improving is great idea

But hey im sure spending your time complaining rather than learning and improving is great idea

Lol @ how stupid you sound.

Because I totally want to spend 24 hours a day playing CS xD

Lol @ how stupid you sound.

Because I totally want to spend 24 hours a day playing CS xD

I dont think you realize how little of a skill difference there is between silver and nova

Yeah because you cant improve just by playing with the right attitude and mindset

the idea of smurfing for seriously competive players is that your main accounts ranking is not lost as you experiment whit differend things on ranked play. Ofcourse there will be the dick bags who just smurf and stay low ranked just for the sake of killing noobs and such and i despise them.

if those silvers and such would even actually look how those smurfs play they would learn great number of things like NOT FUCKING MOVING WHILE SHOOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* sorry for my little rage session there

if those silvers and such would even actually look how those smurfs play they would learn great number of things like NOT FUCKING MOVING WHILE SHOOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* sorry for my little rage session there

THIS! learn from the masters

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've played against plenty of smurf accounts, never really cared. It's a game at the end of the day. 

I've played against plenty of smurf accounts, never really cared. It's a game at the end of the day. 

Kind of fed up with people saying "it's just a game"

You clearly don't get what competitive means.

In my eyes competitve gameplay isn't about just "having fun" it's about either improving your skill by gradually getting better against similarly skilled players or playing to win (which is satisfying)

Casual > Fun

Competitve > Win > Fun

Implying I don't understand what competitive means by definition, just because I don't apply it to one game really shows how juvenile you are. 

I don't think rank has all that much to do with skill (for the most part anyway)

It's just who you play with and what rank they tend to be. there have been multiple times I see a player of a much higher rank than myself and is completely useless. Those of you who smurf ONLY to have an easier game or to just mess around should really play casual instead of competitive. Just my opinion.

you shouldn't ALWAYS assume it's a smurf as sometimes it isn't. Shadow captain makes a good point.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

Implying I don't understand what competitive means by definition, just because I don't apply it to one game really shows how juvenile you are. 

Shows how ignorant you are :)

I started to make a point against you and you replied with a rude answer so none of this I was being rude shit.

Ignorant to what may I ask? 

I gave my opinion on something, you decided to tell me I don't understand something. 

Kind of fed up with people saying "it's just a game"

You clearly don't get what competitive means.

In my eyes competitve gameplay isn't about just "having fun" it's about either improving your skill by gradually getting better against similarly skilled players or playing to win (which is satisfying)

Casual > Fun

Competitve > Win > Fun

You don't get better by playing against someone who does the same stupid nova/silver tropes you do. You will never learn if you play like that, increase in skill either comes from natural talent or in most cases playing against someone who is better than you. This is why silvers are silver after 1000+ hours of play, they only play comp and if the people on the other team seem any bit better they bitch and whine and leave or troll. They only continue play if they think they'll win. You forget that this is the only counter strike game with matchmaking, in 1.6 you played on a server by another player. On this server there could be someone who would be equivalent to a silver and someone equivalent to a DMG. People who were dedicated to the game would take this as an oppurtunity. They get a chance to play with a high skill player and take notes in their head. This is how players got better. In CS GO you have people who are trapped in the same rank for months (I was stuck in double ak for 6 months and DMG for 3 months) Never improving. You can say what you want but I've been a silver I know what it's like. Take this from someone who stayed dedicated and spent his time improving when he played against a smurf and is a better player for it. Any high rank player who has went from silver to a higher rank than DMG will say the same.

Pretty much haven't got into CS:Go cos this is all I hear about along with the bunch of overly competitive douches that valve games attract.

Though that said I don't get why people think Dota 2 is hard.

You don't get better by playing against someone who does the same stupid nova/silver tropes you do. You will never learn if you play like that, increase in skill either comes from natural talent or in most cases playing against someone who is better than you. This is why silvers are silver after 1000+ hours of play, they only play comp and if the people on the other team seem any bit better they bitch and whine and leave or troll. They only continue play if they think they'll win. You forget that this is the only counter strike game with matchmaking, in 1.6 you played on a server by another player. On this server there could be someone who would be equivalent to a silver and someone equivalent to a DMG. People who were dedicated to the game would take this as an oppurtunity. They get a chance to play with a high skill player and take notes in their head. This is how players got better. In CS GO you have people who are trapped in the same rank for months (I was stuck in double ak for 6 months and DMG for 3 months) Never improving. You can say what you want but I've been a silver I know what it's like. Take this from someone who stayed dedicated and spent his time improving when he played against a smurf and is a better player for it. Any high rank player who has went from silver to a higher rank than DMG will say the same.

I understand your point but I have gone from a Silver 1 to a GN1 and the only way I could improve was if I had a close game and knew I could keep playing and learn new tactics to counter it and I would have to force my aim to get better to pull ahead with the close games.

If I got in a game with a smurf I will no longer want to play the game as it is not easy at all to just jump straight from say GN1 to DMG levels.

You have to gradually learn from higher ranks each time and to learn new tactics. Do you understand me?

I got better because I played with similar ranks and got ranked up quite frequently because I kept getting slightly better each time I played.

I understand your point but I have gone from a Silver 1 to a GN1 and the only way I could improve was if I had a close game and knew I could keep playing and learn new tactics to counter it and I would have to force my aim to get better to pull ahead with the close games.

If I got in a game with a smurf I will no longer want to play the game as it is not easy at all to just jump straight from say GN1 to DMG levels.

You have to gradually learn from higher ranks each time and to learn new tactics. Do you understand me?

I got better because I played with similar ranks and got ranked up quite frequently because I kept getting slightly better each time I played.

1. Gold nova 1 is still pretty much silver. Silver 1-Nova 2 is still learning the basics so I disregard this.

2. You say it's not easy to go from nova 1 to DMG which I find interesting considering you've never went from nova 1 to DMG so I'm not going to take your word for it, especially considering I raised up those ranks myself. The fact you quit when you get in a game with a smurf is the problem, there's always people better than you at the game. Even those in your own rank, just because it's a small number for his hours in CS GO doesn't mean you shouldn't try and beat him. If he pushes A long every round and kills you all mid (Which a lot of smurfs like to do because it's easy) you position 2 players outside long to intercept him and one player to watch their flank. If he doesn't push and holds site you get everyone to nade the site. It forces you to play differently and adjust but if you all just quit and go and whine on a forum than you literally are nothing more than sore losers who got beat by a better player.

3. Considering me and other people who are drastically higher ranks than you beg to differ I think you should reconsider your opinion because I HAVE gone from silver to LEM and I can tell you by experience the most time I spent in ranks are the ranks where there is little differing skill level. These are trench ranks and what a coincedence that they have the least amount of smurfs.

4. You got better because you are in the learning ranks where anyone can get out if they take some time to learn how to play, the basics pretty much. Nova 3 is the point where you are out of the basics and game sense becomes a necessity, don't speak to me like you know more about this game than me. I know what I'm talking about because I've experienced it. It's not random that all of the players who are high ranks will tell you that increasing in skill comes from dedication and overcoming something like a smurf in the game. We know because we are the same people who worked to overcome these smurfs and now we're are the players we are now. While the people I used to play with who complained about smurfs and quit half the games that had one in it are only Silver elite to nova 3.

1. Gold nova 1 is still pretty much silver. Silver 1-Nova 2 is still learning the basics so I disregard this.

2. You say it's not easy to go from nova 1 to DMG which I find interesting considering you've never went from nova 1 to DMG so I'm not going to take your word for it, especially considering I raised up those ranks myself. The fact you quit when you get in a game with a smurf is the problem, there's always people better than you at the game. Even those in your own rank, just because it's a small number for his hours in CS GO doesn't mean you shouldn't try and beat him. If he pushes A long every round and kills you all mid (Which a lot of smurfs like to do because it's easy) you position 2 players outside long to intercept him and one player to watch their flank. If he doesn't push and holds site you get everyone to nade the site. It forces you to play differently and adjust but if you all just quit and go and whine on a forum than you literally are nothing more than sore losers who got beat by a better player.

3. Considering me and other people who are drastically higher ranks than you beg to differ I think you should reconsider your opinion because I HAVE gone from silver to LEM and I can tell you by experience the most time I spent in ranks are the ranks where there is little differing skill level. These are trench ranks and what a coincedence that they have the least amount of smurfs.

4. You got better because you are in the learning ranks where anyone can get out if they take some time to learn how to play, the basics pretty much. Nova 3 is the point where you are out of the basics and game sense becomes a necessity, don't speak to me like you know more about this game than me. I know what I'm talking about because I've experienced it. It's not random that all of the players who are high ranks will tell you that increasing in skill comes from dedication and overcoming something like a smurf in the game. We know because we are the same people who worked to overcome these smurfs and now we're are the players we are now. While the people I used to play with who complained about smurfs and quit half the games that had one in it are only Silver elite to nova 3.

TL;DR because i'm in college but in reply to 4, I know around 4-5 DMGs who say Silver was the hardest to get out of so..

Coming from an early player, there is still a huge difference between a Silver 2-3 and say a GN1

TL;DR because i'm in college but in reply to 4, I know around 4-5 DMGs who say Silver was the hardest to get out of so..

Coming from an early player, there is still a huge difference between a Silver 2-3 and say a GN1

Glad that you are able to call everyone who disagrees with you ignorant when you disregard a complete list refuting your points. Also jusdging by the speed of your replies and how long you took to reply to this one, chances are you did read it but don't have a proper response except to answer 4. I highly doubt that you even know a single DMG considering you're a nova and you don't like smurfs, unless you play casual which would contradict your earlier statements about how CS is competitive and isn't "just a game". If someone has trouble getting out of silver they are slow learners, believe it or not most smurfs are not in silver. Unless they are already a low rank smurfing to silver because it's too hard to stay in silver. On my smurf I was able to get it ranked at SEM by having my brother who has never played the game get me ranked. I was nova 4 the next day, the games are just too easy. My smurf is double ak. Most smurfs from high ranking players float around double ak, most people at double ak that smurf float around nova 4. Most people at nova 4 that smurf are around nova 1 or 2. The high rank smurfs that are in silver either throw games or they are only going to be there for a day. You still are new to the basics and that is why you are the rank you are, silvers who are there for a long time are even slower learners or are the kind of people who quit when they start to lose. Those DMGs, if they exist, were probably slow learners. Also, I can find 20 DMGs in my friends list who would disagree with you.

It's fine though, you will probably reply with "your just ignorant" or TLDR or some other cop out so you can feel like your opinion is not formed by being someone who is getting beat at a video game by someone better. Again, the best advice you can take but probably won't is get better.