New Apple TV remote is supposed to have a touch pad

Bouzoo

Quote:" Apple has long ridiculed remote controls for being too complex. Now after eight years of a minimalist design for its Apple TV remote, the company is revising the device’s design.

When Apple introduces its new TV box this summer, the remote control will gain a touch pad and also be slightly thicker than the current version, according to an employee briefed on the product, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the device was confidential. The touch pad can be used for scrolling around and there will also be two physical buttons, the person said. The remote’s thicker size is comparable to the remote control for Amazon’s wireless speaker, the Echo, the person added.

Tom Neumayr, an Apple spokesman, declined to comment on the product."

Source: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/05/technology/apple-tv-remote-expected-to-add-touch-pad-in-redesign.html?referrer=

So if this is true, it might bring a "new revolution" we all knew was coming, let's be honest.
I use my phone sometimes instead of a remote and I suppose it'll be a similar, if not the same concept. We'll see.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

:o an apple product that gained size in revisions?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

oh wow

so revolutionary

thx appul

Excuse me, use the newer one :P

Sony55X8505SmartRemote.jpg

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

iPhone?

"Rawr XD"

iPhone?

gained thickness*

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Wow I didn't even know those things existed xD Like I'm living in the stone age.

But the sad thing is, people are actually gonna think that Apple invented it, because Apple.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

My friend in high school had a touch pad remote (and this was...almost ten years ago now?) and it fucking sucked. Granted it was one of those after market universal remotes, but it was more complicated to operate than Linux.

However, knowing apple, it will be quite simple.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ipad 2 to ipad 3

iPod nano from watch to current

iPod shuffle from whatever it was at one point back to it's current design

PowerBook to MacBook pro