Apple standardizing USB type c

Cactu

Do you think Apple will standardize USB type c and do you think this will become standard on every motherboard replacing usb 3.0 and 3.1 what are your thoughts?

no i dont think they will as usb 2.0 is still around i dont think usb c will be a big thing YET

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

It will become the new standard it is faster and better. And Apple is helping that along.

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

they should turn pci ports to usb c because i have nowhere to plug my ipod

What about ure GPU

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

i hope it will become a standard!

its just great to put the cable in both directions but the problem i see its maybe to small for the mobo rear i/o

and for apple it was definitely too early to make it the only port

I hope it does, but working with USB 3.0/3.1 in parallel, due to massive amounts of peripherals and memories still using classic USB ports and they will continue to do so for a long time. Also, type C seems fragile, as it would break.
Also, for their sake, I hope they don't standardize single port for everything, that's not a feature, it's just called being a jerk and greedy to make more profit on addons. :)

USB C is a standard, and motherboards using it were announced before apple used it as the only port in their crapmacbook.

Will it be as widely used as usb 2 or even usb 3? Not at all. Not for a few years at least.

excuse me?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think type-c is gonna be like thunderbolt; a fad that no one will want to upgrade their entire setup to.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

crapmacbook.

bf8.png

USB C is a standard, and motherboards using it were announced

Could you name some?

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

If they put it on iPhones, they'll gimp the compatibility somehow. That's my prediction. You'll need some kind of special apple-certified cable or it won't work.

But third party manufacturers are already making cables and converters to things like hdmi or usb 3. How would the turn that around if 3rd party developers already have the schematic, and what about on non Apple motherboards that are being used by you and I?

I think type-c is gonna be like thunderbolt; a fad that no one will want to upgrade their entire setup to.

Makes sense

Honestly I've never really understood the need for type C. Are people that lazy that they can't turn a connector if they go to put it in the wrong way?

Welcome to Earth aliens, the only planet with intelegent life that's so lazy they can't even be bothered to turn a small plastic connector 180 degrees to plug it in.

If they put it on iPhones, they'll gimp the compatibility somehow. That's my prediction. You'll need some kind of special apple-certified cable or it won't work.

China will find a way. They always do. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

USB C is a standard, and motherboards using it were announced before apple used it as the only port in their crapmacbook.

Example?

It will become more widely used but Apple is helping push it, which is good since the iSheep follow them and they are the ones that seem slow to switch over. Well except enterprise but they still want to use XP so.. don't expect them to keep up with new standards.

Honestly I've never really understood the need for type C. Are people that lazy that they can't turn a connector if they go to put it in the wrong way?

Welcome to Earth aliens, the only planet with intelegent life that's so lazy they can't even be bothered to turn a small plastic connector 180 degrees to plug it in.

*Edgy teen alert* It's innovation for the sake of innovation. It's not about being lazy. Gosh are humans so lazy that we couldn't deal with a knob door handle. Instead we had to create a lever style door handle that increases efficiency by utilizing torque. 

It's a small design change + added speeds + the ability to have high current capabilities. Why hate innovation?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Example?

31usbrev-600x375.jpgMSI Z97A-Gaming 6. AsMedia ASM1142 controller.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

31usbrev-600x375.jpgMSI Z97A-Gaming 6. AsMedia ASM1142 controller.

Very interesting

Uh boy, did you guys see that Macbook?

Not a single USB port, (just that wonky C type) I wonder how many mad buyers there will be when they cant even use a flash drive to transfer their documents.

Makes me puzzled and why students would ever buy a Macbook for any reason now, literally its the equivalent of buying a large tablet now.

Except tablets have micro usb...

EDIT: and now that I'v researched it, i realize I'm the fool!    (HAHA Tortured you FOOL!)

Still, 1 port?............1 port?

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

USB type C is not ONLY about being reversible, its also about faster 10gbps throughput, 100w of charging power, and a smaller high quality connector, that also carrys 4k displayport signal

that means one cable can transfer data, charge a device and be a display cable - so instead of HDMI, USB and DCin. you have 1 USB C cable.. or even multiple USB C cables

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

*Edgy teen alert* It's innovation for the sake of innovation. It's not about being lazy. Gosh are humans so lazy that we couldn't deal with a knob door handle. Instead we had to create a lever style door handle that increases efficiency by utilizing torque. 

It's a small design change + added speeds + the ability to have high current capabilities. Why hate innovation?

There's a difference between hating innovation and questioning why humans are lazy enough to use a weaker connector...

There's a difference between hating innovation and questioning why humans are lazy enough to use a weaker connector...

Well I understand everyone has different opinions. What I don't understand is why you feel like changing the connector to work both ways is such a detriment to the design? That's what I got from your hyperbolic statement.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”