[NCIX.US] Noctua NF-S12A FLX [$10.99] (Ends 5/4)

http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=79670&promoid=1413

1c6e0fc9696fa1f29bc5c29e07e5f873.png
f3a432adcf9af1711daebca3b401c345.png

TechLobby's review: (all dem canted angles)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Damn what a deal. Too bad that i don't live in Murica

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Wowzah

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Too bad we can't use fans like these on video cards. I'd love to replace the little turbines mine came with. Stupid modern video cards with all them calculations...

Too bad we can't use fans like these on video cards. I'd love to replace the little turbines mine came with. Stupid modern video cards with all them calculations...

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that? It shouldn't be too difficult with some zipties.

65176ce9f368ed97a1a3d5187bda9dee.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

GONNA BUY 6!!!!

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Damn . . . I bought 6 of these last night for nearly $200 . . . So glad I live in Australia! . . .

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that? It shouldn't be too difficult with some zipties.

What card is that?? Not sure I have enough clearance between my cards  -_- The fan noise is deafening at load

What card is that?? Not sure I have enough clearance between my cards  -_- The fan noise is deafening at load

It's a Windforce 780. The nice part about this card is that the heatsink is flat is makes mounting fans this way quite easy.  

What are you specs? A picture might help if you're interested in doing something similar.

snip

Man, that's great, but I wish it was a deal on the black PPC ones to fit my color scheme

Man, that's great, but I wish it was a deal on the black PPC ones to fit my color scheme

There isn't an iPPC NF-S12A.

There isn't an iPPC NF-S12A.

Right, I meant the NF-A14s.  Actually, I meant black NF-S12As, but they don't make those :(

Nice!!  since I'm addicted to fans this is great, I got 4 of em.  10$ shipping seems a little steep but whatever

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Move your mouse between the last two pics on product page, the blades look all wiggly.

On topic, good deal, i dont need any more 120mm fans.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Nice!! since I'm addicted to fans this is great, I got 4 of em. 10$ shipping seems a little steep but whatever

What :( shipping isn't free?? It's 2015! Should be included in price. We would all still be going ape shit for this deal if it cost $2-$3 more per fan.

What :( shipping isn't free?? It's 2015! Should be included in price. We would all still be going ape shit for this deal if it cost $2-$3 more per fan.

Fyi, I still went totally ape shit with 10$ shipping. I don't even need any more fans much less 4 Haha. The silence will be golden thou

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

just why xD

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

-snip-

Do you think getting 2 of these for intakes in my HAF 912 would be better than the 200mm included fan, or would that be a better question for the air cooling thread?

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I was a few clicks away from purchasing the popular CM Hyper 212 Evo early this morning when I noticed the $11.99 UPS Ground shipping cost.  I stared in shock at my screen for a good minute before I found my way to Newegg.

I badly need to replace my rear exhaust fan and this would be perfect.  I'm disappointed to see shipping cost more than the item.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

It's a Windforce 780. The nice part about this card is that the heatsink is flat is makes mounting fans this way quite easy.

What are you specs? A picture might help if you're interested in doing something similar.

Does this still let the graphics card control the speed? My system is near silent, at idle the only thing moving over 200rpm is my 750ti, it likes to set at 40% fan speed at idle.

How would these compare to NF-F12?

NF-S12A's are much quieter and move more air but has much less static pressure than the NF-F12.

Whichever is most appropriate would come down to the use case. 

just why xD

Lower noise and because I can.

Do you think getting 2 of these for intakes in my HAF 912 would be better than the 200mm included fan

Yes.

Does this still let the graphics card control the speed? My system is near silent, at idle the only thing moving over 200rpm is my 750ti, it likes to set at 40% fan speed at idle.

You'd need an adapter if you want to do that. I just control them through the motherboard using SpeedFan to follow the graphics card's temps.