Dark Rock Pro 3 vs H100i GTX in Corsair 300r

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Do you have any specific (black) fan recommendations? My motherboard is also quite large. I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77. Will the radiator be thin enough and will the new fans be thin enough to still fit it?

Thanks for all of your help so far by the way. (:

the motherboard should be fine with 25mm fans

the noctua industrial fans are a bit loud but perform great

noiseblocker and bequiet make some good quiet fans too

if available, fractal design just released some very quiet radiator fans that are also black

My Hyper 212 EVO is just too damn loud. I can't stand it's noise even on idle (silence freak). At load, it does a decent job at cooling my 3770k at stock clocks and even up to around 4.3 GHz while gaming. Prime 95 though, tells a different story. I understand that that is by no means a proper test of real world performance, but 90C temps on all 4 cores are alarming. I have been looking at many solutions for silent CPU cooling and plan to implement one or the other for Skylake/Cannon Lake down the road.

TLDR: Price is not a concern - I need a cooler better than my current Hyper 212 EVO - It needs to be silent under load with my 3770k with some light overclocking - It must go along with my build's blue/black aesthetic - It must fit in my 300r windowed

I AM NOT GOING WITH NOCTUA BECAUSE NONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS FIT MY DESIRED BUILD LOOK

Thanks for all of your help guys. I am not familiar with case modding, but I will be able to apply light case mods if necessary.

the H100i performs better and IMO looks better too

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the H100i performs better and IMO looks better too

Does it perform as well in quiet mode? I have heard that the dark rock 3 is difficult to install. Will the H100i GTX even fit in my case?

Does it perform as well in quiet mode? I have heard that the dark rock 3 is difficult to install. Will the H100i GTX even fit in my case?

yeah the H100i is much easier to install than almost every air cooler

and yes it fits in the top of your case

it still performs well in quiet, but i recommend changing the stock fans, they are loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah the H100i is much easier to install than almost every air cooler

and yes it fits in the top of your case

it still performs well in quiet, but i recommend changing the stock fans, they are loud

Do you have any specific (black) fan recommendations? My motherboard is also quite large. I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77. Will the radiator be thin enough and will the new fans be thin enough to still fit it?

the motherboard should be fine with 25mm fans

the noctua industrial fans are a bit loud but perform great

noiseblocker and bequiet make some good quiet fans too

if available, fractal design just released some very quiet radiator fans that are also black

Spoiler