The REAL Answer to "How to Fix Slow Mac Beach Ball icon"

It drives me insane seeing all these programs saying they will "speed up your Mac!" and saying "Tired of seeing that spinning rainbow icon?" Well, here we go. From a Mac user, and frankly a 'well-educated on computers' Mac user, I can tell you that is all bull crap. There is ONE and only ONE solution to this. Buy a new computer! Obviously your processor doesn't have enough cores (or GHz, if that even matters anymore)! Of course, if you're accidentally saving 400 hrs of video on your harddrives or something, I'd recommend Grand Perspective, a free program for Macs. It will help you locate and delete unwanted large files. But besides things like that (unique to YOUR computer, that you accidentally did), just get a new computer. I'm sorry, that's all I have to say. Copy your harddrive down onto an external harddrive using Time Machine, and load it onto a new one. Thanks for reading. -Jordan :)

post-222408-0-53698100-1430143357.jpg

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

SNIP

uhhm.. ok?

Actually a RAM and SSD upgrade plus clean OS install can work wonders

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

HDD failing can also slow it down, so a replacement HDD may be the wise option.

EDIT: or upgrade it to an ssd.

Cool! I'll spend another $3000 to upgrade my 2012 mac pro, Thanks! //s/

But seriously, take the god damn thing apart and upgrade the RAM, SSD, and maybe the CPU

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Oops sorry *puts them back*

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Um, no, you can downgrade your OS or install Linux, get more RAM, cull your startup programs, uninstall kexts you don't use, disable widgets, get an SSD if you haven't already, upgrade the CPU and (if you're crazy enough) overclock.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Cool! I'll spend another $3000 to upgrade my 2012 mac pro, Thanks! //s/

But seriously, take the god damn thing apart and upgrade the RAM, SSD, and maybe the CPU

Yeah, but the whole point of the post was to tell old ladies and what have you, how to speed up a Mac. Average people won't want to take their laptop apart.

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

Um, no, you can downgrade your OS or install Linux, get more RAM, cull your startup programs, uninstall kexts you don't use, disable widgets, get an SSD if you haven't already, upgrade the CPU and (if you're crazy enough) overclock.

Yeah nobody wants to overclock a laptop. And... basically the whole point of this topic was to explain that deleting software will NOT make your mac faster. Why does everybody think I'm asking for help? I have a $2000 gaming desktop. I'm just tired of seeing these ads, and I made it clear I was explaining, not telling.

Umm no. 
All those programs are fake, yes. But there are many ways to speed it up. 
A) Make sure file vault is off. With the update to Yosemite they made file vault on by default; and everyone just spams next during the setup.
B) More RAM
C)Get an SSD. Remember that an SSD with file vault is the equivalent of a regular hard drive; and a hard drive with file vault is the equivalent of a potato

D) Remove malware; Yes, MACS GET MALWARE.

E) Permission repairs help a TONNE.
F) Re install or downgrade your OS

My 2011 MBP is still rocking after the recall mobo replacement; Rocking strong!

Threw an SSD in there and 8 GB of RAM and this thing flies. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!