Will a i5-4690k bottleneck two 4K display?

Go to solution Solved by costacis21,

you would benefit with a better cpu, because more expensive cpus tend to have more pci lanes available hence GPUs have higher bandwidth which will be beneficial if you are gaming on a high resolution. On the other hand, i believe that if you are gaming on a single 4k panel, you should be good with an i5.

The resolutions shouldn't matter much for the CPU, so it will be fine. The reason better CPUs are in builds for higher resolutions is that the other parts are more expensive, so it isn't as big of a deal for the price difference. You only need a CPU higher than the 4690k if you are doing some productivity work like video editing.

Well, in fact the i5 itself would not bottleneck the two screen, but since you need a hell lot of power to power these two screen, you will likely go with a sli or crossfire config, wich is great, but since the cpu only has 16 pcie express lane, that would mean you could not do three way sli, and if you go two way, it would put your card in 8x ;)

No.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

its perfectly fine you will however need very powerful gpu's

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

you would benefit with a better cpu, because more expensive cpus tend to have more pci lanes available hence GPUs have higher bandwidth which will be beneficial if you are gaming on a high resolution. On the other hand, i believe that if you are gaming on a single 4k panel, you should be good with an i5.

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

I would not recommend buying a 4690k series at this point, the new generation of intel processors are just around the corner. Probably may...

Get the 5820k, the 4670k is probably going to run close to a 100% while gaming. Not recommended, for the graphic cards you are looking at at least 2x980 (nvidia), 2x290x will be the best budget option. Or a 295x2 if you can get one. If you want fraps all the time over 60 you'll need 1 titan X maybe 2 for newer game-titles. 

The 970 can't handle newer game-titles in 4k, games like dota and league of legends is fine at 4k with only 1 970 or 1 280x / 290.