What is windows is perfect for gaming ? (Quick reply)

HeKaRiZbLaDe

Hi guys i want to change a Windows today i very sick in windows 8.1 right now and i want to change to windows 7 professional (my favorite) and i want to also backup my steam apps so that i don't wanna lose my progress and redownload again

There's no difference in changing to windows 7 for gaming is all I can say...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hi guys i want to change a Windows today i very sick in windows 8.1 right now and i want to change to windows 7 professional (my favorite) and i want to also backup my steam apps so that i don't wanna lose my progress and redownload again

Can I ask why? just get start8 or start is back - windows 8,1 also performs better.. so you are really downgrading

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just hold out on 8.1 until 10 comes out in June. As a person using the tech preview right now I speak from experience when I say that it is amazing.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

8.1 is better than windows 7...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't have windows 8 64bit yeppp but i have a windows 7 pro 64 bit though

8.1 is better than windows 7...

Yes i know but i wanna know is how many ram i need in 8.1 in 64 bit ?? and also in win 7 in 64 bit because i have only 4gb

Yes i know but i wanna know is how many ram i need in 8.1 in 64 bit ?? and also in win 7 in 64 bit because i have only 4gb

4gb is enough for either one...

but i think windows 7 uses more

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4gb is enough for either one...

but i think windows 7 uses more

But when i was using windows 7 64 bit with 4gb my minecraft have more FPS than windows 8.1 though

But when i was using windows 7 64 bit with 4gb my minecraft have more FPS than windows 8.1 though

do you have the latest GPU drivers installed?

are you using java 8 64 bit?

Spoiler

do you have the latest GPU drivers installed?

are you using java 8 64 bit?

Latest GPU driver and java 8 64bit

That is not the OS, something else is wrong.

Windows 8.1 has a more efficient kernel and actually gives more gaming performance especially to DirectX games. It also has much improved security and other features.

Windows 7 is not better than Windows 8.X and it isn't debatable. If you dont like the Metro UI, then Start8 has already been recommended.

Heres just a basic rundown of feature enhancements - this doesnt include all the kernel level security and feature enhancements:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2012834/windows-7-to-windows-8-the-systems-biggest-improvements.html

You would be better to get used to Windows 8.1 though or just stick it out until Windows 10 so you can get Direct X 12 support. 

It's not going to be available on Windows 7. Windows 7 is also no longer supported, so you'll find that more and more stuff will only be Windows 8.1 or later compatible.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Windows 7 is better than Windows 8. Maybe not in performance (if so), but in everything else it is.

thats pretty debatable.  8 really is better in performance. and as far as "everything else" goes, its easily fixable. installing startisback fixes 90% of what people complain about for win8. ive been using win8 for 6 months now and ive never seen the metro screen. all the shitty apps that come with it can be uninstalled with a single script, and the fact that options are spread out across 2 seperate control panels makes no difference when you use the Master Control panel commonly refered to as "godmode"

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

thats pretty debatable.  8 really is better in performance. and as far as "everything else" goes, its easily fixable. installing startisback fixes 90% of what people complain about for win8. ive been using win8 for 6 months now and ive never seen the metro screen. all the shitty apps that come with it can be uninstalled with a single script, and the fact that options are spread out across 2 seperate control panels makes no difference when you use the Master Control panel commonly refered to as "godmode"

Maybe I'm a little bit too hard on the words, but it was proportional with my experience of Windows 8 in 2013. Windows 7 is snappy and fast (overall, consistent) whereas Windows 8 was pretty bugged and slow, unpredictable. Like sometimes it would take 2 minutes to shut down or start. And before I moved back to W7, I couldn't surf the web easily, unable to load the softwares (Opera, Firefox or Chrome, so I assumed it was an OS issue). With Windows 7 even if it's not as secured or performant as Windows 8, it is reliable and consistent.

But again, it my personal opinion based on my personal experience...

Maybe I'm a little bit too hard on the words, but it was proportional with my experience of Windows 8 in 2013. Windows 7 is snappy and fast (overall, consistent) whereas Windows 8 was pretty bugged and slow, unpredictable. Like sometimes it would take 2 minutes to shut down or start. And before I moved back to W7, I couldn't surf the web easily, unable to load the softwares (Opera, Firefox or Chrome, so I assumed it was an OS issue). With Windows 7 even if it's not as secured or performant as Windows 8, it is reliable and consistent.

But again, it my personal opinion based on my personal experience...

ahh yea i get your frustration. it deffinately had its issues when it first launched, i'd give it another shot. when i switched to 8.1 from 7, my boot times decreased, the only issues ive ever had, were when using the full screen apps, that take 30 seconds to load for no reason(completely unacceptable when i have an ssd), which is why i ran the script to uninstall all of them. of course at this point you could just wait until win10.(although ill likely be waiting until the end of that initial free year before i get it)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.