So I've found what seems to be a build quality or QC problem now that I've had my Triton for a bit. I don't know exactly how this issue actually came to be, but it seems that some of the solder connecting that in-line fan controller to the wires has broken, resulting in it occassionally speeding up the fans to max until I have to fiddle with the thing so it actually stays connected. This presents the issue where in a user review, it is pointed out that at 100% these fans are loud as hell. And they are. They're so loud that they are louder than my 270X Windforce with fans on maximum and my ear placed somewhere roughly next to the two 6-pin power connectors. In all likelihood, I'll have to take this controller off and make another one out of a simple unmarked dial controller and a connection into the 4th pin of these PWM fans instead of just letting the fans plug into the 4th pin into the motherboard. Oh wait, they already did that. Guess I'll have to just resolder it then. 

This happened to mine when I was managing the cables.  I was pissed at how easily the thing just came apart.  My fix for it was to just remove the little fan controller cable and set the fan to manual 50% in my bios.  Then I just use speedfan to adjust it from windows if I want it higher or lower.  IMO the little fan controller is pointless anyways unless you somehow run the short length of it to the outside of your case.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Soft tubing fittings are Completely different from hard tubing fittings.

Yeah, I saw that the rigid setups on frozen cpu had a category dedicated to specific fittings.  I've been looking all over the net and found some pictures of the Triton with hardline tubes installed, but absolutely no info or explanation behind the photos.  I'd like to get the experience of setting up hardline tubing, but I think I'll just have to shorten my stock tubing for now.  That is until I some more information presents itself.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

SpeedFan doesn't seem to do the job, and the fans just go on at full speed anyway on my board, [sarcasm] so that's fantastic. [/sarcasm]

I've got one board (GIGABYTE GA-B85M-DS3H) that won't utilize speedfan either and it makes me very sad. Even after changing advanced board settings the only thing I can control is gpu fan speed.

This happened to mine when I was managing the cables. I was pissed at how easily the thing just came apart. My fix for it was to just remove the little fan controller cable and set the fan to manual 50% in my bios. Then I just use speedfan to adjust it from windows if I want it higher or lower. IMO the little fan controller is pointless anyways unless you somehow run the short length of it to the outside of your case.

Do your fans spin at the same rpm when the controller is unplugged? I unplugged mine and one would spin faster than the other up to a certain point. I never tried shorting the control wire out anything thou

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Yeah, I saw that the rigid setups on frozen cpu had a category dedicated to specific fittings. I've been looking all over the net and found some pictures of the Triton with hardline tubes installed, but absolutely no info or explanation behind the photos. I'd like to get the experience of setting up hardline tubing, but I think I'll just have to shorten my stock tubing for now. That is until I some more information presents itself.

It's just a matter of removing the old fittings and putting new ones.

I just bought one myself. (Luckily) I tested it outside of my computer for about 4 hours (I just let the pump run). Then I noticed cracks and the tiniest bit of fluid on the pump.

I'm RMAing it now.

So if you're getting one, I would definitely recommend testing it for quite some time before using it in your computer!

I've got one board (GIGABYTE GA-B85M-DS3H) that won't utilize speedfan either and it makes me very sad. Even after changing advanced board settings the only thing I can control is gpu fan speed.

Do your fans spin at the same rpm when the controller is unplugged? I unplugged mine and one would spin faster than the other up to a certain point. I never tried shorting the control wire out anything thou

Yes, both of my fans spin at the same speed with the controller cable completely detached. I have the power cable plugged into the fan2 pins on my mobo and it's working. Are you plugged straight into the motherboard? If not that is why speedfan and your bios won't let you control it.

It's just a matter of removing the old fittings and putting new ones.

That is what it comes down to, but I have heard that the fittings on the pump/res/block are glued in. I guess I'll find out in an hour when I drain it to shorten the tubes.

Raijintek needs so much publicity for their amazing air coolers which have been out for over a year beating all competitors at their price points, then you go make a video about their first water cooling kit the second it's available. Tsk.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I just bought one myself. (Luckily) I tested it outside of my computer for about 4 hours (I just let the pump run). Then I noticed cracks and the tiniest bit of fluid on the pump.

I'm RMAing it now.

So if you're getting one, I would definitely recommend testing it for quite some time before using it in your computer!

That is very unfortunate! Seems like I see a lot of cases like yours, good on you for testing it outside your case first. I would recommend testing outside the case for any aio, seems crazy not to

Yes, both of my fans spin at the same speed with the controller cable completely detached. I have the power cable plugged into the fan2 pins on my mobo and it's working. Are you plugged straight into the motherboard? If not that is why speedfan and your bios won't let you control it.

I am plugged straight into the mobo. The gigabyte board only has system fan and cpu fan. I've used speedfan on several computers including premanufactured. There are bios settings for fans but even those your only options are % duty cycle/degree c. It works and cools fine but not how I usually control fans. The triton fans I had on the asus board which gives full control

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

That is what it comes down to, but I have heard that the fittings on the pump/res/block are glued in. I guess I'll find out in an hour when I drain it to shorten the tubes.

I heard the same thing. I saw one guy wanted different fittings on the block and he had to put a short(1") piece of tubing off the block ports and then transitioned to the different fittings

Just got this thing the other day. One of the fittings was a little loose, but it didn't leak. I tightened it up, and it seems to be fine. The block is a bit scratched, but the overall thing looks nice, though the tubes were a bit too long to mount it right without kinking. Slick's talk of the high potential for tube kinks is exactly right.

How I had to mount the thing:

3c4648605b48b38cb3a2a0b5ea0d77aa.png

why did you mount it upside down and install the rad in the wrong way?!

here's how you should install this:

gallery_79563_2555_101941.jpg

If you do a proper installation like that you would have absolutely zero issues with tubing kinking...i had absolutely ZERO issues with this unit so far it's been flawless...variable pump control fully adjustable speed through fan headers and pump is very powerful too.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Let us know how it goes!. 

why did you mount it upside down and install the rad in the wrong way?!

here's how you should install this:

If you do a proper installation like that you would have absolutely zero issues with tubing kinking...i had absolutely ZERO issues with this unit so far it's been flawless...variable pump control fully adjustable speed through fan headers and pump is very powerful too.

Believe me, I tried. I'm in a 350D, it's far smaller than your case. When installing the rad the other way, I ran into issues with the tubing kinking on the 5 1/4" drive bays, and when the pump was the right-side up (I would rather the logo be upright, believe me) the tubes were laying on my GPU in a way I wasn't exactly comfortable with. It simply wasn't possible in my smaller form factor. I didn't go into exact detail as to why it had to go the other way (that is, all the wrong ways) because I didn't want to bore anyone with the minor details, and all my specs were in my sig anyway. 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I unplugged mine completely, and both fans spin at the same speed (which I have set in BIOS to be off until about 75°C, but tested at low RPM first). I also tried to short the connectors, but it doesn't seem to do anything. That suggests that the little knob doesn't do anything but add resistance to the current to slow down the fans. A good idea, but I still wish they'd have just gone with PWM. Especially since the controller is held to the (seemingly 30-gauge) wire and conductive chewing gum instead of solder. It really strikes me that the thing lasted less than a week in my system, and I wasn't even rough with it. If minor moving of the thing is cause for it to disintegrate, then perhaps it was always a better idea to use PWM than this inline fan controller.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Believe me, I tried. I'm in a 350D, it's far smaller than your case. When installing the rad the other way, I ran into issues with the tubing kinking on the 5 1/4" drive bays, and when the pump was the right-side up (I would rather the logo be upright, believe me) the tubes were laying on my GPU in a way I wasn't exactly comfortable with. It simply wasn't possible in my smaller form factor. I didn't go into exact detail as to why it had to go the other way (that is, all the wrong ways) because I didn't want to bore anyone with the minor details, and all my specs were in my sig anyway. 

just do the operation: shorten the tubes...?

since the cooler is designed to be expandable and use industry standard size fittings and tubbing it should be very easy for you to either just shorten the tubes or even replacing them with the tubbing you want?

Those things are 100% customizable you shouldnt have to live with an upside down cooler with tubbing rolled all over the place like that man...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I am going to change my liquid tonight hopefully and also shorten the hoses so I can let you know how it goes

I am going to change my liquid tonight hopefully and also shorten the hoses so I can let you know how it goes

yes please do i might want to shorten mine a little bit too...

Very cool product that my son would be interested in if he still cared about pc gaming.  I asked him quite awhile ago now if he ever wanted a water cooled setup quite where the cooling was all enclosed / closed loop and he said no right away to that.  This here product is kind of fun.  Still with it not getting a glowing review I would wait for better revised versions to come out or wait for another company to do this.  Cool product but no buy this time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yes please do i might want to shorten mine a little bit too...

Finally got around to changing liquid and shortening hoses. Compression rings came off easy enough and the hoses just pulled off after that. Thoroughly rinsed and cleaned with some diluted vinegar and rinsed about another 1000 times. Eyeballed a good hose length and angled them more to the radiator. Now to reinstall

Very cool product that my son would be interested in if he still cared about pc gaming.  I asked him quite awhile ago now if he ever wanted a water cooled setup quite where the cooling was all enclosed / closed loop and he said no right away to that.  This here product is kind of fun.  Still with it not getting a glowing review I would wait for better revised versions to come out or wait for another company to do this.  Cool product but no buy this time.

What the freaking f0ck is wrong with your son?:o ?

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

What the freaking f0ck is wrong with your son? :o ?

Eh well he technically still plays pc games if you count tankionline.  Also he is really into NHL games and wants to be the best at them so he plays them quite a bit on the Xbox 360.  Honestly while I wish he played pc games more he is lucky to not be like me with a back log of games.  Also in playing so few games he doesn't throw as much money at stuff as I do and then waste some of the money spent cuz you don't have time for all the games.  A back log like mine is overwhelming.  I also have to say to play what he wants he could spend far less on a pc than me so there is that plus for him too.  I think my son is smart actually when it comes to gaming. LOL

Eh well he technically still plays pc games if you count tankionline.  Also he is really into NHL games and wants to be the best at them so he plays them quite a bit on the Xbox 360.  Honestly while I wish he played pc games more he is lucky to not be like me with a back log of games.  Also in playing so few games he doesn't throw as much money at stuff as I do and then waste some of the money spent cuz you don't have time for all the games.  A back log like mine is overwhelming.  I also have to say to play what he wants he could spend far less on a pc than me so there is that plus for him too.  I think my son is smart actually when it comes to gaming. LOL

may i be your son? :o

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

may i be your son? :o

Eh dealing with a dad with anxiety disorder and depression and more is not something you want to be dealing with.  However if you could come over on weekends and game on the system and play coop and mper games with me I am cool with it. LOL!

:D okay the only thing left for me is to stuff my case into my bag and get from GER to CA hmmm...