What do you think about anonymous?

CJPowell27

No problems with that happening in pc gaming haha

Yeah I know, but they could hack Steam too if they wanted. They just chose to take down PSN. IDK why exacty but they did. If i ever met a person associated with anonymous in real life I wouldn't hesitate to use beat them up to extreme measures. They took away something that was heavily a part in my life (still is) and they deserve to be punished. Jail time isn't enough in my opinion, some one just needs to just beat the crap out of them.

Yeah I know, but they could hack Steam too if they wanted. They just chose to take down PSN. IDK why exacty but they did. If i ever met a person associated with anonymous in real life I wouldn't hesitate to use beat them up to extreme measures. They took away something that was heavily a part in my life (still is) and they deserve to be punished. Jail time isn't enough in my opinion, some one just needs to just beat the crap out of them.

If you really want to spite them you would want them to sent to jail where they would get raped on the daily.

That might be a bit extreme though, don't you think?

Check out what i said above thats why it went down.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

They claimed to be behind the psn attack. Keyword claimed, lulsec was behind that and they're in trouble for it. Also, Anonymous is not really a 'hacker' group but an EXTREMELY loose knit group of trolls (originally at least), internet enthusiasts, activists, and a few hard core hackers. Anonymous as an entity is really hard to get behind because it varies so much 'member' to 'member' (loose knit), but in general I'm in agreement with the views and practices the group is associated with.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

"they did not intend to hurt the customers in any way"

Well what did they honestly think was going to happen? They hurt us more than Sony.

and i don't care if they apologize or not, they still did it. 

Sony has the right to prevent jail braking on the PS3 its their product, they do it to prevent people getting free stuff and ruining the games with mods. They would lose a lot of money if they allowed jail braking. And GeoHot deserved to go to jail, that's like theft. How would you feel if you created an online store, and had hackers get everything in it for free? You wouldn't like it. Sony is a business they have to make money, and they can't be giving everybody free stuff. Your stupid if you think geohot had a 'right' to jail break the ps3.

So are these the guys who keep hacking all my game developers websites? Cuz it seems every 2 days, I get an email saying "Oh, The War Z website was hacked, change password". "Oh, UbiSoft was hacked, change password". "Oh, Bohemia was hacked, change your damn password".

If that's the case, this shit needs to stop!

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO CHANGE PASSWORDS EVERY DAY!

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

Besides shutting down major government websites and hacking psn putting millions credit info in danger

Saying you have done something and actually doing something is two very different things. However Anonymous has no structure, and is not to be understood as a closed group, and therefore cannot be held accountable for "hacks" as a group. Anonymous is a symbol, an idea of a free world that's not suppressed by government entities. Kids have sadly completely misunderstood this and go around the schoolyard bragging about how they are 1337 anonymous h4x0rs. The Anonymous name sadly is not what it used to be because of this, so I have lost every bit of interest in the movement. The idea however I have not forgotten. But I guess I'm too oldschool and boring, actually fighting for something instead of just causing random chaos for fun.

The original entity anonymous is just a bunch of retards from /b/ fucking around online. What you describe it becoming is essentially what it originally was but more public and popular (cool maybe)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Well what did they honestly think was going to happen? They hurt us more than Sony.

Sony has the right to prevent jail braking on the PS3 its their product, they do it to prevent people getting free stuff and ruining the games with mods. They would lose a lot of money if they allowed jail braking. And GeoHot deserved to go to jail, that's like theft. How would you feel if you created an online store, and had hackers get everything in it for free? You wouldn't like it. Sony is a business they have to make money, and they can't be giving everybody free stuff. Your stupid if you think geohot had a 'right' to jail break the ps3.

You are wrong when you buy something its yours and you do what you wish with it. What you do with it tho such as this will void your warranty and also may result in bans...not in jail time. Sony were in the wrong here.

Also are you telling me if you rooted/jail broke your phone and google/apple did not want this to happen you would want the finder to go to jail? I think not. Modding/Hacking results in better games and platforms look at halo for example if it was not for halo 2 mods forge mode would not be in the rest of the halos.

Also jailbreaking the PS3 is easy and its Sonys fault they made it that easy they should have improved there security. To Jtag the xbox you need ot take the thing apart and solder a load of shit PS3 just stick a USB drive in done...

Also the media only show you what they want you to see for example making anon look bad 90% of the time.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I've already said it in this thread but anonymous isn't the group responsible for PSN going down it was the tiny tight knit hacker group LulzSec. Also just because someone is associated with a group doesn't mean they directly supported something someone in that group did. For example, I'm a member of the LTT community, but if someone else involved hacked Valve and took steam offline for a week I wouldn't be responsible.

Have a wonderful day.

You are wrong when you buy something its yours and you do what you wish with it. What you do with it tho such as this will void your warranty and also may result in bans...not in jail time. Sony were in the wrong here.
Also are you telling me if you rooted/jail broke your phone and google/apple did not want this to happen you would want the finder to go to jail? I think not. Modding/Hacking results in better games and platforms look at halo for example if it was not for halo 2 mods forge mode would not be in the rest of the halos.
Also jailbreaking the PS3 is easy and its Sonys fault they made it that easy they should have improved there security. To Jtag the xbox you need ot take the thing apart and solder a load of shit PS3 just stick a USB drive in done...
Also the media only show you what they want you to see for example making anon look bad 90% of the time.

If they were trying to get free stuff on the store, then yes they deserve jail time. That's STEALING. Physically or digitally its the same thing. Go walk in a store and steal something. I promise you, you will get arrested and you will go to jail. (if you get caught)

Sony was not in the wrong.

If they were trying to get free stuff on the store, then yes they deserve jail time. That's STEALING. Physically or digitally its the same thing. Go walk in a store and steal something. I promise you, you will get arrested and you will go to jail. (if you get caught)

I didnt say you wrong about that but you do have the right to do what ever you like with a product you own.

Also im sure you have downloaded music its not a big deal.

Piracy is everyday life.

Im A Snake.....

woah woah woah woah mods don't ruin games...they enhance them

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I didnt say you wrong about that but you do have the right to do what ever you like with a product you own.

Piracy is everyday life.

Even giving someone is CD is illegal...think about that nearly everyone does it

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I didnt say they did ruin games ? I was tying to put a point across saying that mods and hacking game systems improve games a lot as i said about the halo line of games.

Im A Snake.....

I didnt say they did ruin games ? I was tying to put a point across saying that mods and hacking game systems improve games a lot as i said about the halo line of games.

Sorry wrong person :P

Mods are good. But if you ever play any older COD games on ps3 people use GOD mod, and they see through walls, and they get the best kill streaks in 1 kill. It ruins it. People use them to cheat online

Piracy is everyday life.

I don't download music, I don't pirate anything. Piracy is wrong, people work hard to produce what they put out. And if you pirate something, they don't make money.
But doing whatever you want with a product you own, yes thats fine as long as you arnt robbing comapines from there money they deserve and as long as you are not interfereing with other gamers online in a negative way.

They are just hot air. They havent actually done anything big. they arent legit and just try and scare people. 

lets see, giving internet to north korea, giving internet to egypt. threatening the cartels and blackmailing corrupt mexican officials, shutting down numerous government organizations, and being westboro churches ducktape.

Mods are good. But if you ever play any older COD games on ps3 people use GOD mod, and they see through walls, and they get the best kill streaks in 1 kill. It ruins it. People use them to cheat online

I don't download music, I don't pirate anything. Piracy is wrong, people work hard to produce what they put out. And if you pirate something, they don't make money.

But doing whatever you want with a product you own, yes thats fine as long as you arnt robbing comapines from there money they deserve and as long as you are not interfereing with other gamers online in a negative way.

Really you have never pirated anything ? 

Also these companies really dont loose that much apart from crytek they lost a lot with crysis 2 from piracy.

Edit: also this thread has kind of gone off topic.

Im A Snake.....

Sometimes I approve their efforts, sometimes I disapprove and other times I'm indifferent. It all depends on what they do.

I doubt it's a big group of cooperated people. I bet whenever someone hacks/ddos's someone, they just hide behind the Anonymous name to scare people.

I'm pretty sure it's just random people who use the name, with an occasional small dedicated group of people.

I think a group who has no true identity cant really estabilsh any sort of real reputation.

Those are legit hacks... slight difference

Those are legit hacks... slight difference

What?

Really you have never pirated anything ? 

Also these companies really dont loose that much apart from crytek they lost a lot with crysis 2 from piracy.

Edit: also this thread has kind of gone off topic.

I'm not saying I haven't pirated anything. I've downloaded stuff before, but then i figured out that developers don't make money off that. So I stopped. I like to give the creators money, that way they get something for their efforts and they continue to make more content.

Also, i know developers don't lose 'that much' money. But that's money they are losing. That like me losing $20, it's not 'that much'. But that's $20 I don't have, and it still makes me mad that I don't have it.

the are chaotic good

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled