£3000 and a bit PC BUILD!

Grapes

What's it going to be used for?

Edit: Also, which monitor setup will you be using?

Why you only put one stick of 8GB of RAM in a quad channel mobo ? Put at least 16GB (2 stick of 8GB of RAM). 

And if it's only for gaming, it's overkill even for 5-6 years. 

I would wait for 300 series before getting such an expensive PC with a bit old GPUs 

My doubts about your link:

- Single stick of ram where 4 sticks (quad channel) would be better

- Extremely odd assortment of drives

- Any real need for a Quad Crossfire?

- Overkill psu

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

So I have £3000 and a bit to spend on a future proof computer for at least 5-6 years.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KLgmHx

This is what I have created, show me what you would change and tell me if it's ok!

Thanks!

Some of your choices are a bit strange, like 3 differnet SSDs? why not just get one 512gb one, would be cheaper too

also really? 8gb of crappy ram? you should be getting at least 16gb, its a quad channel motherboard so get at least 4x4 dimms

Why do you need 6 extra fans? you need somewhere to mount the radiators from the r9 295s

shitty speakers and keyboard,

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What's it going to be used for?

Edit: Also, which monitor setup will you be using?

Why you only put one stick of 8GB of RAM in a quad channel mobo ? Put at least 16GB (2 stick of 8GB of RAM). 

And if it's only for gaming, it's overkill even for 5-6 years. 

I would wait for 300 series before getting such an expensive PC with a bit old GPUs 

Yeah I was thinking that I should add some more ram, but I'll do that later. I have a spare 42 inch 1080p monitor which is temporary, but I'm going to get a 3 4k screen set-up along the way. I was hoping to get this pc after the 300 series comes out so that the price of the 295 drops a bit.

Yeah I was thinking that I should add some more ram, but I'll do that later. I have a spare 42 inch 1080p monitor which is temporary, but I'm going to get a 3 4k screen set-up along the way. I was hoping to get this pc after the 300 series comes out so that the price of the 295 drops a bit.

Prices of graphics cards don't usually drop after new cards are released, also AMD cards wen't down in price a lot already when 900 series from nvidia was released.

My doubts about your link:

- Single stick of ram where 4 sticks (quad channel) would be better

- Extremely odd assortment of drives

- Any real need for a Quad Crossfire?

Some of your choices are a bit strange, like 3 differnet SSDs? why not just get one 512gb one, would be cheaper too

also really? 8gb of crappy ram? you should be getting at least 16gb, its a quad channel motherboard so get at least 4x4 dimms

Why do you need 6 extra fans? you need somewhere to mount the radiators from the r9 295s

shitty speakers and keyboard,

I had the 2 samsung ssd's for raid 0, the m.2 for the os and the western digitals for random videos and downloads.What ram do you reccomend? I was a bit unsure about the ram. Forget the keyboard, mouse and speakers, they are temporary. I added the fans because the case can handle it and I thought why not, the computer would run cooler, might as well. Quad crossfire because I want it to be future-proof and I have a mad monitor upgrade in the future.

This would make a little more sense:

(Still to add: Mouse, speakers..)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (£464.34 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£65.46 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£298.79 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Plextor M6e 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£169.50 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£276.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£479.98 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£479.98 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £2649.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-22 16:07 BST+0100

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

No current GPU config will be able to run 3x 4K panels > 60 hz! Not even 4 Titan X's

CPU: Intel Celeron G1820 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: EVGA Classified EATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($151.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (4-Way SLI)  ($999.00) 

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($12.99 @ Newegg) 

Case Fan: Apevia CF4S-BK 25.6 CFM 80mm  Fan  ($2.07 @ Newegg) 

Monitor: Hannspree HL161ABB 15.6" Monitor  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($6.99 @ NCIX US) 

Mouse: Rosewill RM-C2P Wired Optical Mouse  ($4.99 @ Amazon) 

Other: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black) ($8.40)

Other: Audio-Technica AT20USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone ($109.00)

Other: Dragonpad pop filter® Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Swivel Mount 360 Flexible Gooseneck Holder ($5.23)

Other: Neewer® Black Universal Microphone Shock Mount Holder Clip Anti Vibration Suspension High Isolation with for Studio Condenser Mic, Idea for Radio Broadcasting Studio, Voice-over Sound Studio and Recording ($10.50)

Other: NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand ($15.95)

Other: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording ($70.39)

Total: $4659.49

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-22 11:14 EDT-0400

No current GPU config will be able to run 3x 4K panels > 60 hz! Not even 4 Titan X's

lol sorry, I meant 1440p ones.

This would make a little more sense:

(Still to add: Mouse, speakers..)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (£464.34 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£65.46 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£298.79 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Plextor M6e 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£169.50 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£276.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £2649.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-22 16:07 BST+0100

So 2x gtx 980's are the equivalent to 2x 295x2? Also, I don't need the os. Will the cpu cooler be aple to keep things under control after I overclock? Also, Without 2x ssd'd, I can't raid 0 :(

lol sorry, I meant 1440p ones.

That's 11 million pixels. You'll need > 8gb of frame buffer.

So I advise to wait for 300 series and buy 2 cards from there with > 300 or go with 2 Titan X's.

That's 11 million pixels. You'll need > 8gb of frame buffer.

So I advise to wait for 300 series and buy 2 cards from there with > 300 or go with 2 Titan X's.

2x titan x's costs more than 2x 295x2.

So 2x gtx 980's are the equivalent to 2x 295x2? Also, I don't need the os. Will the cpu cooler be aple to keep things under control after I overclock? Also, Without 2x ssd'd, I can't raid 0 :(

I added 980's since I expected you to run 1 4K panel.

Would better be swapped to Titan X's or a card from the 300 series with high amounts of VRAM

Noctua will do. It will be quieter aswell then an AIO.

Ok I get you want to do raid 0. But why the extra 128gb msata drive?

I wouldn't advise 128gb for your os drive. I would go for maybe a 256gb os drive and maybe 2 500gb ssds in raid 0 for games and other files. Drop the large HDD's in later + You don't need Raid 0 WD blacks xD. I have a 2tb WD Black and it loads my games fast enough for me.

Without 2x ssd'd, I can't raid 0 :(

Raid 0 SSDs have very little gain over standard ones - if you want really fast SSD storage look into PCIe SSDs 

honestly I would want more SSD storage, at least 512gb or 1tb - and get some cheaper storage for normal files like some cheaper WD greens (just for storing photos music and other files etc)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2x titan x's costs more than 2x 295x2.

I'll make a small diagram for you.

1 R9 295X2 : 100% performance (on 2 gpu cores)

2 R9 295X2 : 150-165% performance (on 4 gpu cores)

1 Titan X : 76% performance (On a single gpu core)      (Comparing against the R9 295X2)

2 Titan X:  126% performance (On 2 gpu cores)

3 Titan X: Potentially 175% performance (On 3 gpu cores)

Titan X comparisons based on recent 1440p GTA V benchmarks.

Still my advise remains: See what AMD has to offer in the 300 series and then make a decision.

AMD SHOULD come out with a great card (otherwise I predict bankrupcy (according to their current marketshare)) + AMD is known to have loads of VRAM on their cards (which you will need)

I added 980's since I expected you to run 1 4K panel.

Would better be swapped to Titan X's or a card from the 300 series with high amounts of VRAM

Noctua will do. It will be quieter aswell then an AIO.

Ok I get you want to do raid 0. But why the extra 128gb msata drive?

I wouldn't advise 128gb for your os drive. I would go for maybe a 256gb os drive and maybe 2 500gb ssds in raid 0 for games and other files. Drop the large HDD's in later + You don't need Raid 0 WD blacks xD. I have a 2tb WD Black and it loads my games fast enough for me.

I'll make a small diagram for you.

1 R9 295X2 : 100% performance (on 2 gpu cores)

2 R9 295X2 : 150-165% performance (on 4 gpu cores)

1 Titan X : 76% performance (On a single gpu core)      (Comparing against the R9 295X2)

2 Titan X:  126% performance (On 2 gpu cores)

3 Titan X: Potentially 175% performance (On 3 gpu cores)

Titan X comparisons based on recent 1440p GTA V benchmarks.

Still my advise remains: See what AMD has to offer in the 300 series and then make a decision.

AMD SHOULD come out with a great card (otherwise I predict bankrupcy (according to their current marketshare)) + AMD is known to have loads of VRAM on their cards (which you will need)

Raid 0 SSDs have very little gain over standard ones - if you want really fast SSD storage look into PCIe SSDs 

honestly I would want more SSD storage, at least 512gb or 1tb - and get some cheaper storage for normal files like some cheaper WD greens (just for storing photos music and other files etc)

Summary, gtx titan is all about quality over quantity, whereas 295 is about quantity over quality? Got you.

SSD raid 0 is useless, and I am better off getting just 1 large ssd, a cheap hdd and a pcie SSD?

Wait till the *395x2* comes out, if it's worth it, get it?

If that's all correct, thank you all! Is my cpu ok though? That was one of the things I was not sure about.

If that's all correct, thank you all! Is my cpu ok though? That was one of the things I was not sure about.

seems about right

CPU is fine but is no benefit in normal tasks or gaming - only useful if you use your PC for streaming / rendering videos, lots productivity etc

Could save lots of money going for a normal i7 4790k - its powerful enough for what 99% of people do and CPUs tend to last 3-5 years before needing upgrading

Summary, gtx titan is all about quality over quantity, whereas 295 is about quantity over quality? Got you.

SSD raid 0 is useless, and I am better off getting just 1 large ssd, a cheap hdd and a pcie SSD?

Wait till the *395x2* comes out, if it's worth it, get it?

A. Titan X is more modern/up to date. R9 295X2 is already quite an old card to put in a new build like this.

B. SSD Raid 0 is pretty useless for gaming. Single SSD to store your games is just fine. With your budget, 2 sdd's might be usefull

-1 OS and applications (250 gb)

-1 Games/ File drive (500gb or more)

- Later large HDD to make backups/ extra files.

C. Wait till 300 series comes out. The 390(X) could be equivalent to a Titan X at this point, but (in AMD style) at a lower price point (SPECULATION).      We don't know yet.

D. CPU is more aimed towards professional highly- multithreaded work. For general gaming, a quadcore suffices, but with your triple 1440p I don't    know. Could be you need the horses to pull your gpu wagon. :/

seems about right

CPU is fine but is no benefit in normal tasks or gaming - only useful if you use your PC for streaming / rendering videos, lots productivity etc

Could save lots of money going for a normal i7 4790k - its powerful enough for what 99% of people do and CPUs tend to last 3-5 years before needing upgrading

Yeah I was contemplating the 4790k, but chose the latter because it was newer. Which one has the best overclocking capabilities?

seems about right

I agree, but keep in mind that he would like to run 3x 1440p, which would mean that he needs dual gpu (or more) setups. Maybe X99 isn't that bad.

But once again, your point is totally valid