I need some help

Pugs501

Some my friends are trying to start building computers and I would like to have some questions ready to help them pick out parts

IE) Hardware, Usage, Future Proofing, and Technical Stuff (OC, GSync/FreeSync, SLI/Crossfire and so on)

I am also sending them all to the LTT forum for help I can't answer.

Because he had a hard drive.

Some my friends are trying to start building computers and I would like to have some questions ready to help them pick out parts

IE) Hardware, Usage, Future Proofing, and Technical Stuff (OC, GSync/FreeSync, SLI/Crossfire and so on)

I am also sending them all to the LTT forum for help I can't answer.

k....

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Whattya want?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I need help in getting them in the knowledge of PC hardware and why certain things are better than others

I need help in getting them in the knowledge of PC hardware and why certain things are better than others

Marathon Techquickie videos. Have them watch a few GPU comparisons (cough, LinusTechTips?)

Honestly, just telling them to binge watch various videos on LTT would probably suffice. There's a lot you can learn just from the build guides.

I should also note that we mainly see each other at School but I'll need a good playlist other than TechQuicke

Teach them how to look up good benchmarks and how to read those. Also tell them CPU/GPU boss is not good. Tell them the generals (like pls no FX chips for gaming) and tell them about the (wrong) stereotypes. (Like AMD is always hotter and stuff).

If they post to LTT, tell them to follow their topic, dont repost and describe what they want exactly.

And lastly, let your friends watch TechQuickie

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I should also note that we mainly see each other at School but I'll need a good playlist other than TechQuicke

Build a computer with them.  If you have to, take yours apart and build that with them... especially if you have not cleaned it in a while.  There is really nothing to it...

Most people build computers out of necessity:  What do you need a computer for?

After you figure out what you need it for, research the hardware needed based on testing results... with a budget in mind:  What is the best I can afford?  Do I need to spend that much?

Now the fun part:  Build it!

Note:  There is a lot more to understanding hardware than just building a PC, but building one is like the gateway drug:  How does all this stuff work?

Build a computer with them. If you have to, take yours apart and build that with them... especially if you have not cleaned it in a while. There is really nothing to it...

Most people build computers out of necessity: What do you need a computer for?

After you figure out what you need it for, research the hardware needed based on testing results... with a budget in mind: What is the best I can afford? Do I need to spend that much?

Now the fun part: Build it!

Note: There is a lot more to understanding hardware than just building a PC, but building one is like the gateway drug: How does all this stuff work?

I go to a Private School so it might be changing to get them over to my house.

Also none of them has built a pc (they know how to use one because my school is Tech based)

I also am looking for QUESTIONS to ask them to help fin parts for them

I go to a Private School so it might be changing to get them over to my house.

Also none of them has built a pc (they know how to use one because my school is Tech based)

I also am looking for QUESTIONS to ask them to help fin parts for them

What I posted still applies. 

What do you need a computer for?

Then research what is needed.. Example:  A Gaming PC should have a dedicated GPU... or Content Creator might need extra cores and fast RAM.

Then budget the parts and build. 

If you are making it more complicated than that, you will be wasting time and effort.