muscle to fat :( fat to muscles?

MeDownYou

So, as it approaches the end of my school year I've noticed that some of my clothes don't exactly fit like they use to. 

More specifically jeans that were loose are tight in the thighs, however my waist remains unchanged. I haven't gained or lost weight, but a lot of my muscle in my arms and legs has shrunk and has been replace by fat :/

What do you guys do to stay fit? How can I either kick the fat or transform it into muscle again?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Last I knew, you can't actually loose muscle mass. They can become less defined, but you never get less. At the very least, it can't be replaced with fat.

As far as losing weight, of course you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Last I knew, you can't actually loose muscle mass. At the very least, it can't be replaced with fat.

Well muscles shrink and your body makes those calories go towards fat that it was planning on using for the muscles previously.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Well muscles shrink and your body makes those calories go towards fat that it was planning on using for the muscles previously.

Technically your body is making fat instead of new muscle, not turning muscle to fat.

Anyway, losing weight (and fat) is pretty simple. More output than input. Good diet, appropriate to the amount of exercise you do. Start with a quite a light diet to loose initial weight, then if you keep working out harder, eat more to match the extra energy you're expending.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Depending on your age, you could just be growing.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You can just be growing ^^ 

Happend to me aswell went from 50kg to 62 in just 1 month, but now its constant for two years again

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Depending on your age, you could just be growing.

Oh yeah, forgot to check about the age thing.

Totally valid.

Do some running, but then again, that could make you thighs grow even further! :D

You can't 'convert'  the one to the other, that's bull, that would be straight up magic.

But you can lose one and gain the other.

Last I knew, you can't actually loose muscle mass. They can become less defined, but you never get less. At the very least, it can't be replaced with fat.

As far as losing weight, of course you can.

You can indeed lose muscle mass; if there is a lack of fat or source of energy within the body it can be broken down and used as energy.

OP, you can in no way turn muscle into fat or fat into muscle... Not biologically possible... You can however, build muscle mass without losing any fat or lose fat and then aim to build muscle mass. In order to build ANY muscle mass, you first need a caloric surplus (you take in more calories than you're using); if not you won't build any new tissue. Resistance is the key to building any form of muscle mass, any resistance on the muscle will trigger the building of new tissue - with the right nutrition.

Focus more on your nutrition than exercise. Exercise without the right nutrition is nothing. 

Do some running, but then again, that could make you thighs grow even further! :D

Oh yeah, forgot to check about the age thing.

Totally valid.

You can indeed lose muscle mass; if there is a lack of fat or source of energy within the body it can be broken down and used as energy.

OP, you can in no way turn muscle into fat or fat into muscle... Not biologically possible... You can however, build muscle mass without losing any fat or lose fat and then aim to build muscle mass. In order to build ANY muscle mass, you first need a caloric surplus (you take in more calories than you're using); if not you won't build any new tissue. Resistance is the key to building any form of muscle mass, any resistance on the muscle will trigger the building of new tissue - with the right nutrition.

Focus more on your nutrition than exercise. Exercise without the right nutrition is nothing. 

about 18 months ago I had to quit running because it was so hard on my body :(

I've noticed I don't eat well at school as they tend not to supply very good options regularly. Most would be able to balance this with eating salad a couple times a week but I don't like lettuce...  *I AM SOOO SICK OF HAMBURGERS, PIZZA, AND PASTA it is unbelievable* <-that's what they serve constantly, and seem to forget about vegtables like peas and beans.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

about 18 months ago I had to quit running because it was so hard on my body :(

I've noticed I don't eat well at school as they tend not to supply very good options regularly. Most would be able to balance this with eating salad a couple times a week but I don't like lettuce...  *I AM SOOO SICK OF HAMBURGERS, PIZZA, AND PASTA it is unbelievable* <-that's what they serve constantly, and seem to forget about vegtables like peas and beans.

What's your goal exactly, if you don't mind me asking? Just generally more healthy? Gain muscle mass? Bulk up? Get lean? etc. 

the simplest way to cut the fat is to cut the carbs. get rid and stop eating anything that turns the sugar. the body stores sugar in fat cells for energy later. whole foods and non processed foods is the way to good. meat, vegetables and some fruit. a banana is a serving of fruit if your wondering. its not much. calories dont really matter when you cut all carbs.  as the saying goes "you are what you eat"

source: lost 15lbs by doing this. felt great. looked great. pants fell down. went down two holes on my belt. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

What's your goal exactly, if you don't mind me asking? Just generally more healthy? Gain muscle mass? Bulk up? Get lean? etc. 

I guess get a diet that actually works, and basically lean up

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Do I look fit to you?

eKixCtT.gif

(except I don't have glasses, and I have terrific hair.)

Edited: Found the .gif, had to change it lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I guess get a diet that actually works, and basically lean up

A diet that works doing what though? One diet might detox your body, one might help you lose weight, others might help you gain weight... If you just want lean, defined muscle then work on reducing your body fat percentage to an adequate level (8-10% is usually considered lean) through reducing your calories intake SLIGHTLY. After that, if you actually want to add muscle mass then increase your calories intake to say 3-400 calories more than you burn. Make sure you train each muscle group, and train effectively and you will be adding lean muscle to your body. 

It's not as complicated as you might think... You don't need to discover this amazing diet that will help you lose 2 stone in 2 weeks. Weigh yourself, find out how many calories you will need in order to lose (3-400 less than you burn), maintain (the amount you burn) and gain mass(3-400 more than you burn). Lose body fat and you will be instantly leaner, then you can work on defining your muscles more.. 

A diet that works doing what though? One diet might detox your body, one might help you lose weight, others might help you gain weight... If you just want lean, defined muscle then work on reducing your body fat percentage to an adequate level (8-10% is usually considered lean) through reducing your calories intake SLIGHTLY. After that, if you actually want to add muscle mass then increase your calories intake to say 3-400 calories more than you burn. Make sure you train each muscle group, and train effectively and you will be adding lean muscle to your body. 

It's not as complicated as you might think... You don't need to discover this amazing diet that will help you lose 2 stone in 2 weeks. Weigh yourself, find out how many calories you will need in order to lose (3-400 less than you burn), maintain (the amount you burn) and gain mass(3-400 more than you burn). Lose body fat and you will be instantly leaner, then you can work on defining your muscles more.. 

Thanks, the answer is probably just to make sure I do a little bit of exercise each day on purpose, and also stop eating 8-12k calories a day I guess. I think it could easily cut that way down if I simply switched some of the greasy chicken strips, pizza, hamburgers, pounds of fries for something else like fruit or lean meat. 

I feel like crap when I eat all these types of foods anyway too...

(i'm 180cm and 59kg btw)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Do I look fit to you?

(except I don't have glasses, and I have terrific hair.)

I challenge you to a terrific hair battle...

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Thanks, the answer is probably just to make sure I do a little bit of exercise each day on purpose, and also stop eating 8-12k calories a day I guess. I think it could easily cut that way down if I simply switched some of the greasy chicken strips, pizza, hamburgers, pounds of fries for something else like fruit or lean meat. 

(i'm 180cm and 59kg btw)

Wait, 8-12,000 calories a day? 

Wait, 8-12,000 calories a day? 

Yeah...It's probably a bit excessive I average closer to the lower end of that range. 

(I tend to eat unhealthy high calorie foods :/  Eg. so far today I've eaten 6 creme filled bismarks, 4 kit-kats, 3 cans of mtn dew, bowl of ramen, peppermint tea, a basket of fries, and basket of chicken strips)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

(i'm 180cm and 59kg btw)

my first step to dietary change was to stop drinking my calories. and switch to water teas and coffees where I had control over how much sugar went into the drink. every time I faced a craving to drink something sweet I would challenge myself would I rather drink this or eat a steak or burger or something yummy and fatty later. if I managed to abstain I'd reward myself with the food I craved. 

also juice. stay away from it if you can. sure its "natural" but its a big hit of sugar without any of the fibre and other stuff associated with a whole fruit. 

Yeah...It's probably a bit excessive I average closer to the lower end of that range. 

That's still a lot by anyone's needs. How do you manage to intake that much? I struggle to get 4000 calories when I'm on a bulk. 

I don't mean to offend you if i have by the way. 

That's still a lot by anyone's needs. How do you manage to intake that much? I struggle to get 4000 calories when I'm on a bulk. 

I don't mean to offend you if i have by the way. 

Basicaly junk food (update post above too for today as an example) but like yesterday I ate an entire thing of frosted animal crackers that's 12 servings at 210 calories

(3000 calorie meals add up when you have 2-3 of them too)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Basicaly junk food (update post above too for today as an example) but like yesterday I ate an entire thing of frosted animal crackers that's 12 servings at 210 calories

That's going to be your starting point then. I can relate to the snacking and binging on high-calorie foods as i used to make my way through 3 sharing bags of Doritos every day. You don't have to just eat salad and vegetables and boring foods, you can still have food that you enjoy. Just try and have regular set meals, each high and balanced in nutrients rather than just 80% fat. 

Below is an image i always find interesting to show to people, although in your case you might not really need a really low calorie intake it should relate as to why you find yourself eating so much junk food. 

stomach-chart-wtextrecsmall-1.jpg