GTA V Latest Patch (v1.01) thoughts ?

Thony

So i just downloaded the patch and played for 30 minutes to see how my CPU usage was doing.

Before the patch i was hitting 85% on one core and others 70-80%

After the patch my cpu usage is truly lower. One core is still higher than others but they hardly get to 70% which makes me happy as i like to have some more headroom :)

How is your experience, any improvements ? Let me know :P

post-28682-0-51500100-1429622443_thumb.j

Edit: For 21/4/2015 patch notes u can look here :http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/350594-gtav-pc-patch-notes-archive-build-3351/#entry4793437

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It's an awful lot of fixes for a game that was supposed to be perfect.... But hey none of us really expected anything else, thumbs up to Rockstar for at least doing something. :)

It's an awful lot of fixes for a game that was supposed to be perfect.... But hey none of us really expected anything else, thumbs up to Rockstar for at least doing something. :)

This game is already very well optimised.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

It's a good thing the CPU usage was lowered because my CPU isn't exactly the best out there, it needs all the help it can get.

There is still loads of people having problems and nobody has come up and said "It is our fault". Im talking about AMD, Intel, Nvidia etc. So we dont know who to blame.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Haven t encountered any of those issues myself

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

True, with the time it took them to port the game it should be better, but they are trying to fix stuff and also released the cheats for story mode on PC so they dont sit on their asses :)

I have 40hours on steam in GTA V without a single crash or any issue. I cant complain about the port.

This was 1.01

todays patch was 1.02..

Can u link me patch notes ? steam only shows 1.01 from 20th April

true the game is one of the best triple a optimized releases that have come out in a while, but is still not perfect, the game suffers from very specif crashes, online is a bit buggy (not as bad as the console launch but it has problems) and the RCS launcher is a buggy POS, not to mention drivers issues

i welcome the frequency of patches, it means the game is getting worked on despite being better that what the majority of devs would consider to leave in less frequent patches, just now i'm downloading another one that isn't this one, must be 1.02, patch note for this should be out later today

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Oh definitely, I love it. I just think Rockstar needs some flak for delaying the game praising it for how perfect it's going to be when there's still issues. :) If they hadn't been so particular about how amazing and perfect the PC release was going to be I wouldn't have a problem.

Haven t encountered any of those issues myself

I haven't encountered any of these, but definitely a couple of others. Spawning on the other end of a map from your team when starting a mission, abnormally high CPU and GPU use in the 10 car garage, illogical menus etc etc etc.

rockstar posts the patch note in the afternoon, 1.01 notes came out several hours after the patch went live

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200428787--10-4-13-GTAV-Title-Update-1-02-Notes

not many updates besides GTA Online stability fixes hopefully helping that stupid driving teleport.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200428787--10-4-13-GTAV-Title-Update-1-02-Notes

not many updates besides GTA Online stability fixes hopefully helping that stupid driving teleport.

Nice try, its from 2013 dude look at the dates :D

10/5/13 4:00 AM ET Note: The Title Update is now live on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Nice try, its from 2013 dude look at the dates :D

10/5/13 4:00 AM ET Note: The Title Update is now live on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Fuck my life.

Still isn't today patch btw, I saw those patch notes previously.

Edit: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157--4-17-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-1-01-Notes

"Last Friday"

So i just downloaded the patch and played for 30 minutes to see how my CPU usage was doing.

Before the patch i was hitting 85% on one core and others 70-80%

After the patch my cpu usage is truly lower. One core is still higher than others but they hardly get to 70% which makes me happy as i like to have some more headroom :)

How is your experience, any improvements ? Let me know :P

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

This is not the patch notes from today, this is like 4 days old already.

Once todays or any patch notes are released they will be here

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/sections/200102328-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Title-Update-Information

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

This is not the patch notes from today, this is like 4 days old already.

Once todays or any patch notes are released they will be here

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/sections/200102328-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Title-Update-Information

As of now latest patch is indeed 1.01 , the patch this topic is about.

Both steam and rock star support only mention 1.01

Are u telling me u are on 1.02 or something or u talking about the cheat patch for story mode ?

1.02 is out for ~3h

Patch notes:

-All radio station are now playing Justin Bieber songs.

Not for 970s it isn't..

37 hours  and completed all story missions and not a single crash on my 970 so...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1.02 is out for ~3h

Patch notes:

-All radio station are now playing Justin Bieber songs.

I will check on that when I'm back from work.

As of now latest patch is indeed 1.01 , the patch this topic is about.

Both steam and rock star support only mention 1.01

Are u telling me u are on 1.02 or something or u talking about the cheat patch for story mode ?

Click the link, 1.01 is listed like this

[4/17/15] GTAV PC Patch 1.01 Notes

so it was the patch from the 17th of this month not todays one. 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

I couldn't read that with a straight face. I have had crashes after crashes when certain things are enabled. The mouse in the menus is amazingly laggy and I was getting horrible stutter in both single player and online. Now only single player. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Not for 970s it isn't..

No problems here with my 970. Everything max no AA

37 hours  and completed all story missions and not a single crash on my 970 so...

No offence but you aren't the only 970 owner.

Constant 970 problems for people on reddit, I used to get fps drops all the time and I still do in non intensive scenes.

Only optimization problems people have had have seem to be 970 owners