Australia's 2nd biggest ISP wants Netflix to pay

blaze756

Don't forget the Geo blocking enforced by content providers.

Why shouldn't I forget that?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Why shouldn't I forget that?

Its another sign of how idiotic some companies have become.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm guessing this has more to do with optus wanting to block netflix out of the australian market since there trying to introduce presto and stan.

Australia is a monopoly market where company's can make alot of money - just look at cocaine

Optus has signed a deal with Netflix.. I am unsure what you mean by blocking them out of the aussie market?

This ordeal started when Netflix said they regret signing a deal with Optus and iinet. What does Optus do, pay up $$ you're killing our pipe ( I think they forgot to read the fine print when they signed the agreement which our ISP's usually do to us..)

How much money do these companies have..? Seriously, and they ignored the fact that there will be increased traffic.

All politics and I fkn hate them all. Greed runs our country..

Now give me my damn fibre!!!

Maybe Telstra should take this and think...Wow, maybe our internet isn't good enough!

telstra knew our internet was bad back in early 2000's they even went to the govt to help them fund a fibre network ( probably FTTN) as they didnt want to spend all the money themselves the govt didnt want to help so telstra just said screw it

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

telstra knew our internet was bad back in early 2000's they even went to the govt to help them fund a fibre network ( probably FTTN) as they didnt want to spend all the money themselves the govt didnt want to help so telstra just said screw it

The government did help them, that was the 4 billion that disappeared. Telstra committed fraud and due to lack of evidence as to what happened with the funds, the case was dropped. 

PMSL

we are living in era when internet is no longer about freedom

I don't get it, what next, ask every content provider for money? google, yahoo, youtube, steam, psn, xbox, google playstore, facebook, twitter?

this just so messed up and stupid, even worse it's spreading

someday we might not be able to connect to a website because they didn't pay ISP to access the website.

The stupidity of the people in charge of this is killing me!!!

PMSL

You'd think the people in charge would have some of logic? but they really don't they are idiots if they keep letting stuff like this happen it'll also hurt their own economy. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

The government did help them, that was the 4 billion that disappeared. Telstra committed fraud and due to lack of evidence as to what happened with the funds, the case was dropped. 

was that when soloman was boss? I remember shit costing more and then he just jumped ship.

quite sure abbott has him helping  out with nbn

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I think the UK is probably one of the best places to be for internet considering there is no stupid crap like this stopping Netflix etc.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Everyone in Australia needs to send this image to the public relations department of this ISP.

EcL9ojJ.gif

Or maybe this one:

UETIh6a.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My teacher at the university is a pretty ballin' guy in the world of telecommunications, he gave us a little explanation on why does this happen, from a company standpoint. And the only thing I can tell you is that there is no way these companies will stop, as on the direction's part, money and ambition aside, they truly think charging companies like Netflix is the right thing to do.

Everyone in Australia needs to send this image to the public relations department of this ISP.

EcL9ojJ.gif

Or maybe this one:

UETIh6a.gif

Lol, I said that in another post.

PMSL

My teacher at the university is a pretty ballin' guy in the world of telecommunications, he gave us a little explanation on why does this happen, from a company standpoint. And the only thing I can tell you is that there is no way these companies will stop, as on the direction's part, money and ambition aside, they truly think charging companies like Netflix is the right thing to do.

Wait, so the companies are run by retards  :blink:

PMSL

Lol, I said that in another post.

As did I in another thread.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

dayum.

I am on a 200GB plan with Telstra and I downloaded GTA V last week, still haven't gone over. That says alot.

That 16/.8 speed you got tho.......

Here i am with Comcast on 7/1 plan with unlimited data for 60 a month........

That 16/.8 speed you got tho.......

Here i am with Comcast on 7/1 plan with unlimited data for 60 a month........

That would be megabytes I'm guessing?

I have 500 GB Telstra ADSL2+ with 2.3 MB/s Down and 0.1 MB/s UP it's outrageously infuriating that Australia's internet infrastructure is weak compared to America's. 

And I also pay about $70 a month...

Netflix doesn't need the Australian market though, not like it needed the American one. It can simply refuse to function over companies that don't follow suit in amarket like that.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Netflix doesn't need the Australian market though, not like it needed the American one. It can simply refuse to function over companies that don't follow suit in amarket like that.

Netflix just crossed the threshold of international users vs American users, they have about 2.3 million American users and 2.6 million international. Also Netflix spent the start up capital in Australia so it would be a loss for them if they bailed out this soon.

That would be megabytes I'm guessing?

I have 500 GB Telstra ADSL2+ with 2.3 MB/s Down and 0.1 MB/s UP it's outrageously infuriating that Australia's internet infrastructure is weak compared to America's. 

And I also pay about $70 a month...

No, Mbps.

@The Crazed Child said he had like a 16/.8 Mbps plan.....meanwhile i have a 7/1 Mbps plan.

No, Mbps.

@The Crazed Child said he had like a 16/.8 Mbps plan.....meanwhile i have a 7/1 Mbps plan.

Wow that's kind of lame, I believed it was that America's internet backbone was built off of fiber or that it was going to be.

Wow that's kind of lame, I believed it was that America's internet backbone was built off of fiber or that it was going to be.

I have the lowest plan......the max i can get here is 150 Mbps.

Maybe Telstra should take this and think...Wow, maybe our internet isn't good enough!

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

youre right to a degree, but more money never hurt anyone, especially not a company like this one.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)