Australia's 2nd biggest ISP wants Netflix to pay

blaze756

TBH I can't complain about Australian Netflix. I'm not quite through my first free month but I've already gone through all three seasons of House of Cards and am starting on Daredevil now. Watch a couple of movies a week and that's about it really. Well worth the price of admission even with the smaller library. It performs reasonably even on my fairly average 8Mbps (iiNet) connection. It takes a couple of second to buffer and often doesn't start in HD, but HD well and truly kicks in half-way through the opening credits. So other than the fact that it bleeds my connection dry and makes it pretty hard to do anything else while Netflix is going? No complaints from me.

That said if ISPs want to complain about how the thing is hammering their network? Especially Optus who has been using "quota free Netflix" in their marketing non-stop. Well maybe they should do something about it. It's not Netflix's fault if the infrastructure for some ISPs in some parts of the country are held together with tape and string. Perhaps they should have seen this coming because it's not like internet-TV is a brand-new concept....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Might as well as Ford or Toyota to help pay for the roads because too many of their cars are being driven on them, what a joke.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

The government did help them, that was the 4 billion that disappeared. Telstra committed fraud and due to lack of evidence as to what happened with the funds, the case was dropped. 

Got a link for this,  it should make for some very interesting reading given that Telstra is a public company and is supposed to account for every cent in an audit.

On the topic, I'm just shaking my head,  those of you with iinet who think they are paying money to a more ethical company might want to start looking further than their ads.  When the shit hits the fan it doesn't matter if your telstra, foxtel, optus or iinet.  The company revenue will be more important than fair play.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.