Essays are the bane of my existence

KirbyTech

DAE notice they write a whole essay thinking it is good only to do a final read and figure out it is complete crap. Just thought I finished a 7 page single spaced essay and now have to re do it. Due on Thursday, thought I was being smart and finishing early. That plan is gone now, there goes any time I had set aside to play GTA.. 

Essays, miss em. :P

i believe you mean the bane of your existense

Yup.

The phrase is "bane of your[my] existence."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

DAE notice they write a whole essay thinking it is good only to do a final read and figure out it is complete crap. Just thought I finished a 7 page single spaced essay and now have to re do it. Due on Thursday, thought I was being smart and finishing early. That plan is gone now, there goes any time I had set aside to play GTA.. 

I believe you mean "bane" of your existence.

Do you use an outline? Multiple drafts? Do you have anyone proof read it as you write it?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

i believe you mean the bane of your existense

The phrase is "bane of your[my] existence."

Sure that is what it is.

I believe you mean "bane" of your existence.

Do you use an outline? Multiple drafts? Do you have anyone proof read it as you write it?

Outline yes, multiple drafts somewhat, I have the multiple save files. I just write it and try and edit as I go then go back and do the final edit and read through a few days later if I can. Nope never have someone proof read it, don't know of anyone who could, most people who would be willing are not the brightest to put it nicely. 

I believe you mean "nachos" of your existence

*claps*

And man I miss the days of essays. Mastering the art of bull s***ing. But I ended up getting pretty good at them. Still don't really like them though.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

God I love essays.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

*claps*

And man I miss the days of essays. Mastering the art of bull s***ing. But I ended up getting pretty good at them. Still don't really like them though.

I was okay at one point then not writing the for 2 years and now I am pretty damm bad. Thankfully this is the last one of the year. 

Do mine then?  jk

What are you writing on?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

*claps*

lol essays really are the art of pulling a half hearted opinion out of your ass

I was okay at one point then not writing the for 2 years and now I am pretty damm bad. Thankfully this is the last one of the year.

Oh man, the struggle. Too real. I'd buy you a donut if you were my roommate. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

A novel, The odyssey.

Niiiiiiice, The Odyssey's got some great stuff to dissect.

Niiiiiiice, The Odyssey's got some great stuff to dissect.

If you like it sure, I hated it almost as much as Animal Farm. Worst book I ever read. 

If you like it sure, I hated it almost as much as Animal Farm. Worst book I ever read. 

Oh come on, Animal Farm's fantastic. :P

Let's just say that Animal Farm is...special...It's brilliant, but it's not exactly a fun read tbh...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Let's just say that Animal Farm is...special...It's brilliant, but it's not exactly a fun read tbh...

Read it in grade 10, at that point marks were something super important to me. For that book I read about 75% of it and quit, read a TLDR online and did the test. Did well but not my normal mark. That book put the final nail in the coffin so to speak when it came to english. 

I read it in 5th grade, seemed fine then, though I might not remember whatever bits you're talking about that made it less fun. :/

Read it in grade 10, at that point marks were something super important to me. For that book I read about 75% of it and quit, read a TLDR online and did the test. Did well but not my normal mark. That book put the final nail in the coffin so to speak when it came to english. 

Aww... sad to hear that.

Aww... sad to hear that.

Not sad, hated it before since it was my worst subject and the lower than my overall average marks. Soon as I am done uni I think I will never do another essay or anything similar. I really hope I don't anyway.

*claps*

back in my day we would look at essays on the internets and rephrase the words. Miss those oh so charishable days. :P

wait until your working  ...... doing reports  day in day out

Its all about those volumetric clouds