EVGA acx 2.0 vs 2.0+

Go to solution Solved by incarnate,

2.0+ is probably a degree or two cooler. EVGA says it's like 6% cooler but I think that's an "absolute best case" scenario.

the 2.0+ adds a plate to cool the memory and vrms and uses straight heat pipes. its definitely better than the 2.0 cooler especially for overclocking, not to mention the increased power target.

On topic:

both the SC and the SSC are great cards, I have the SSC and it is nice to have the fanless mode right out of the box. The SSC performs quite well and mine boosted up to 1419 mhz out of the box.

The G1 is also a great card, has a great cooler and great overclocking. I chose EVGA for their customer service and warranty. In the end the SSC and the G1 have very little difference between them.

Hi ppl, im searching for the best 970 (that i can buy in Argentina) and basically i get betweeen only two, the evga ssc 2.0+  and the gigabyte 970 g1 gaming, and i want it to know whats the diffrences between the 2.0 and the 2.0+ fan in the evga.

xCPUx // 4790k 4.7ghz @ 1.32v \\ xMOBAx // Saberthooth Mark 1 \\  xGPUx  // Gtx 970 G1 gaming \\

xStoragex // Samsung 850 evo (128gb) and 1tb WD black \\ xCpuCoolerx // H100i \\ xCasex // h440 White\\ xKeyboardx // Blackwidow Ultimate stealth \\ xMousex // Tt Theron \\

I'd go for the g1 gaming, its one of the coolest running 970s, and is one of the quietest under load too. (I'd suggest following @Lays tutorial on how to enable 0RPM mode on it if you get it so it is silent at idle too!)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2.0+ is probably a degree or two cooler. EVGA says it's like 6% cooler but I think that's an "absolute best case" scenario.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

the 2.0+ adds a plate to cool the memory and vrms and uses straight heat pipes. its definitely better than the 2.0 cooler especially for overclocking, not to mention the increased power target.

On topic:

both the SC and the SSC are great cards, I have the SSC and it is nice to have the fanless mode right out of the box. The SSC performs quite well and mine boosted up to 1419 mhz out of the box.

The G1 is also a great card, has a great cooler and great overclocking. I chose EVGA for their customer service and warranty. In the end the SSC and the G1 have very little difference between them.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

I bought a G1 970 literally one month ago after heavy research for intent to at some point overclock it. Based up upon my research it showed the most promise. From what I had read, I believe the Evga (which was originally my first choice) is the better option for keeping at stock speeds.

I have one of the EVGA SC GTX 970 ACX 2.0, and it's pretty so-so for overclocking. Most games run great with it overclocked to the FTW+ stock speed, but I get some nasty crashes in Dragon Age Inquisition if I run it above the SC ACX 2.0 stock speed (which is still quite a bit higher than the reference stock speed). Even at stock it's still pretty awesome though for playing games at 1080p ultra mostly locked 60 FPS.

How does the double bios in the evga ssc works? , i just change the selection and thats it?

xCPUx // 4790k 4.7ghz @ 1.32v \\ xMOBAx // Saberthooth Mark 1 \\  xGPUx  // Gtx 970 G1 gaming \\

xStoragex // Samsung 850 evo (128gb) and 1tb WD black \\ xCpuCoolerx // H100i \\ xCasex // h440 White\\ xKeyboardx // Blackwidow Ultimate stealth \\ xMousex // Tt Theron \\

there is a switch near the back of the card and you just switch it towards the outputs for the fanless mode and to the front for the more aggressive mode.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

• 7 months later...

On topic:

do they look the same on the exterior?