360 degree Youtube Video Demo (Giroptic 360cam)

This may have been posted before, i did a quick check to and didn't find anything

Here is a functional, 360 degree YouTube video, i.e. you can rotate around the shot.

Its pretty cool that YouTube actually already supports this feature, you can pan using the arrows in the top left of the video.

The quality is naturally very low being a prototype and the audio is very off-putting, however this is really cool to watch and explore. Pictured is electronics guru Dave from the EEVBlog talking about the camera and also the developers are in the room too.

Link:

Note: you have to watch it on the YouTube website

wut. youtube even has an interface for it ?!

this is really cool!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

very cool...that audio though.

:/

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

hey just wanted to add to this because a youtuber i follow has had this for a few weeks now

did a review and has audio on his video and adds some to it. I have watched the videos and

the 360 even thou not perfect yet is a interesting format for like travel or people that show off

other places or events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSId90DuEyQ&ab_channel=Hikosaemon

if there is any problem with me linking it its is just more information and more footage if you look for it or i can add direct links to footage from the camera and format

the videos only work in chrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lusSwg2KVcc&ab_channel=Hikosaemon Action type video bike in japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9nAtMocFZ8&ab_channel=Hikosaemon walking around slower video hanami festival

Edit: sorry his review is of another brand 360 camera/ Added more video links

still waiting for a cheap 360 3D camera

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

surprised it took them this long tbh. 360 degree cameras have been available for a while now, didn't think it would take long to make them capture more than one frame at a time.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Aw I love this guy, one of my favorite YTers.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.