Experiences with non-techies

So i work part time in a computer fixing shop. This guy comes in and says his usb slots will not work. I look at them and there is a burnt area around two of them and there are only two. Then he told me his son likes putting paperclips in there.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Early this year i was talking to my friends on xbox about the gaming pc i'm gonna build (still don't have the pc yet and yes i have switched from console) and i said that I want a 6 core cpu  (fx-6300) and they told me that my computer will suck compared to the Xbox one as well as the ps4 because they will have 8 core cpus and they refused the listen about how the console will work and any thing i said a dedicated gpus so i said okay and told the m i'd be getting a fx-8350 because it has 8 cores (i'm not though i said that to shut them up).

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Early this year i was talking to my friends on xbox about the gaming pc i'm gonna build (still don't have the pc yet and yes i have switched from console) and i said that I want a 6 core cpu  (fx-6300) and they told me that my computer will suck compared to the Xbox one as well as the ps4 because they will have 8 core cpus and they refused the listen about how the console will work and any thing i said a dedicated gpus so i said okay and told the m i'd be getting a fx-8350 because it has 8 cores (i'm not though i said that to shut them up).

To explain in their console language just do 8xwhat the console clock speed is and then compare it to yours so 6x 3.6 or something like that. You will win and slap them while your at it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

To explain in their console language just do 8xwhat the console clock speed is and then compare it to yours so 6x 3.6 or something like that. You will win and slap them while your at it.

oh i did but i can't slap them do to them being a 1050 miles away

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

oh i did but i can't slap them do to them being a 1050 miles away

Skype call, call them and then hang up. Their feelings will be HURT.

Listen if you care.

My gandma asked me where the spacebar key was. My faith in humanity was lost that day

Dude, it's ok if it's your grandma. They didn't have PCs back in their days and having you show it to her for the 1st time(was that the 1st time?) it was completely normal.

My dad (don't be rude but he's an immigrant and he had pretty good understanding of the English language) thought that the 3 part, from Pentium III mean that it was a triple core, that each 'I' meant 1 core. He didn't know what roman numerals were.

Dude, it's ok if it's your grandma. They didn't have PCs back in their days and having you show it to her for the 1st time(was that the 1st time?) it was completely normal.

It wasnt the first time. She asks me every time I go there. And to make matters worse, I had to show my Mom where it was too because she kept saying the words she typed kept getting deleted when she wanted to have space in between. Yeah she thought the delete key was the spacebar key

It wasnt the first time. She asks me every time I go there. And to make matters worse, I had to show my Mom where it was too because she kept saying the words she typed kept getting deleted when she wanted to have space in between. Yeah she thought the delete key was the spacebar key

Well older people do tend to forget things a lot. And as for your mom, its nowhere near bad as what the others have to say here :)

oh, oh I have a good one, my sisters "tech master" boyfriend said that minecraft is a huge virus and that it is a problem on their laptop, (it is installed so my niece can play on my server) he says that the connection to my server in installing viruses and keeps uninstalling minecraft, but he never even looks twice at the limewire they use to get music and videos. and they don't even run any antivirus, they uninstalled the free version of avg I put on their laptop because it was a virus too according to him.

That guy needs a talking to.

''Don't download windows from a website, other from a disk!!! ITS A VIRUS!!!

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

As I was at the mall today, I witnessed a non-tech savy young lady from the uk and her boyfriend on a laptop using the free wifi. As I sat down to eat the girl gets up and trips over the power cord and the screen bashes on the floor. they quickly pick it up and try to turn it on, and when the screen turns on with a huge crack in the middle I hear the guy exclaim in the most British accent ever heard "oh bloody hell its got a screen virus!!" so at this point I laugh so hard I nearly choke on my subway and they are giving me a look like "wtf are you laughing about"

I said the 1st thing that came to my mind. "My sister got that virus"

TrollFace*

I completely read that in the best british accent I possibly could.

I completely read that in the best british accent I possibly could.

Jolly good fellow ;)

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Awww man!!! That bull happens at my school all the TIME!! lol Kids bragging about consoles.

One of the new kids last year, in the same year level as me (9), had done a research project and presented it to the class.
The project was on why consoles are better than pc's.
During his brief presentation, the outline for consoles being better was that the consoles had faster internets, which made "call of duty" run faster.
Then he went on to say that the internets on pc were so slow that it couldn't even handle "call of duty" and just plain didn't work.

I laughed at him so hard I was given detention
c3e.jpg

Lets Segway this thread into another spring of life

Ok so recently I asked my mentor for years in the world of film and tech about what specs his rig has that he edits 1080p on from his T4i and gets very good results in his films

Core i7 3930K at 4.2Ghz Corsair liquid cooler

32 Gb 2300mhz DDR3

1200 watt psu

160gb intel ssd

10tb raid 7200rpm drives

Gt 210 2gb...

Let that sink in for a moment...

Now when I heard that he was running a 210 in his rig he explained to me that its all the power he needs to drive his single 24 inch 1080p display and edit the movies

not really a experience with non-techies more like a bottleneck fail...

#KilledMyWife 

Lets Segway this thread into another spring of life

Ok so recently I asked my mentor for years in the world of film and tech about what specs his rig has that he edits 1080p on from his T4i and gets very good results in his films

Core i7 3930K at 4.2Ghz Corsair liquid cooler

32 Gb 2300mhz DDR3

1200 watt psu

160gb intel ssd

10tb raid 7200rpm drives

Gt 210 2gb...

Let that sink in for a moment...

Now when I heard that he was running a 210 in his rig he explained to me that its all the power he needs to drive his single 24 inch 1080p display and edit the movies

not really a experience with non-techies more like a bottleneck fail...

At least he wasn't using integrated graphics :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

he has a fair point. why would he need the GPU for film editing?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

he has a fair point. why would he need the GPU for film editing?

you ever hear of Gpu rendering in video editing?

#KilledMyWife 

Looking at Future Shop or Best Buy flyers and seeing these so called "gaming rigs"..... and notice that they don't even mention the graphics card.

When I was younger I would always get blamed when something went wrong with the computer, saying my games broke it. I'm pretty sure If a game is being released to thousands of people, it will be stable and not cause the BSOD for no reason.

:'( That happened to me so many times that I had to build my own computer.

Desktop:  Cpu:                     3570K @ 4.2Ghz                    Graphics:          Windforce GTX 970             PSU: 1000 Watt EVGA             

Motherboard:       MSI GD55 Z77                        SSD:                 120gb patriot pyro se          KB:    K70 RGB                                     

Ram:                    8gb 2133MHz G skill               HDD:                 4 Tb                                    Mouse: M65 RGB                                                  

At school my friend has the same class as me a period earlier so he unplugs my teachers Ethernet and vga cables. When I come into the room the teacher is always slapping the computer and generally pissed off. After im done some Hw for my other classes I plug the wires back in and unplug them at the end of the day so my friend can plug them back in the next day. He still hasn't figured it out LOL.

Desktop:  Cpu:                     3570K @ 4.2Ghz                    Graphics:          Windforce GTX 970             PSU: 1000 Watt EVGA             

Motherboard:       MSI GD55 Z77                        SSD:                 120gb patriot pyro se          KB:    K70 RGB                                     

Ram:                    8gb 2133MHz G skill               HDD:                 4 Tb                                    Mouse: M65 RGB                                                  

you ever hear of Gpu rendering in video editing?

I mean yeah, but come on. a 3930K isn't gonna do a bad job on it's own. The OP mentioned bottlenecking, which doesn't exist here. bottlenecking is where one component degrades performance of another by operating slowly itself. in this case, the GPU isn't slowing down the 3930K, it's just not helping make the rendering go faster.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB