AMD FX8350 abnormally slow?

I'm confused now, download CoreTemp , run Prime95 & choose the first option "small FFTs" , run the test for 15 minutes then check on the temps & CPU usage on CoreTemp the report back.

Also make sure that you have SLI enabled in your drivers.

Usage goes to 100% on all cores. Temp is 30 constant

If it's not down clocking at all then it's working perfectly, if you have MSAA (Anti Aliasing) in BF3 set to x8 set it to x4 .

During a test that's been going on for a bit... one of the workers stop because of an error hmm

According to your screenshot, your vcore is undervolted. You might want to take a peek at that.

Low power features PowerNow! Low power P states [1] #1: 3400 MHz, 1.225V
#2: 2800 MHz, 1.125V
#3: 2100 MHz, 1V
#4: 1400 MHz, 0.875V

Boosted P states [1] #1: 4200 MHz, 1.425V
#2: 4100 MHz, 1.4V

Potato

According to your screenshot, your vcore is undervolted. You might want to take a peek at that.

Low power features PowerNow! Low power P states [1] #1: 3400 MHz, 1.225V

#2: 2800 MHz, 1.125V

#3: 2100 MHz, 1V

#4: 1400 MHz, 0.875V

Boosted P states [1] #1: 4200 MHz, 1.425V

#2: 4100 MHz, 1.4V

What should I do to make it good?

Ok just to rule out a GPU issue, unplug one of your 770s (disable SLI) & see if that affects performance in any way.

I've done it twice and yeah, it does.

I even took off the aesthetic piece on the mosfets? and put the small fan on it.

I've done it twice and yeah, it does.

I even took off the aesthetic piece on the mosfets? and put the small fan on it.

Ok then, it's definitely your CPU throttling, & it's probably because the VRMs are over-heating, this is common especially on mid-range boards.

You need to either keep your thermals under control via using VRM heatsinks or you need to upgrade your motherboard.

Also, could you please provide a photo of your PC's internals ? that could help.

Ok then, it's definitely your CPU throttling, & it's probably because the VRMs are over-heating, this is common especially on mid-range boards.

You need to either keep your thermals under control via using VRM heatsinks or you need to upgrade your motherboard.

Should I RMA this board?

I'd just refund it and spend more on the new motherboard.

Bios is fully updated

those FPS ' are nice anyways...

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I'd just refund it and spend more on the new motherboard.

Bios is fully updated

If you can refund it then I see no harm in doing so, I personally have a 990FX Sabertooth R 2.0, overclocked my FX 8320 to 4.4Ghz (Turbo) on 1.3v on the stock cooler & I'm getting 51c on Prime95.

Just waiting for my Noctua 140mm brackets to arrive so I can mount my NH-C14 cooler.

What kind of frames are you getting?

Think that getting a new mobo will fix my problem?

Silly question...have you tried reseating chip and the heatsink?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

What should I do to make it good?

My gigabyte mobo sets vcore to 1.375v as stock. See if 1.4v-1.425v helps you avoid throttling on that overclock

Potato

Turn off Cool and Quiet in your bios and set your Vcore to 1.4 but keep everything else stock then run Prime 95 and see what happens. Stock Vcore is ~1.375 depending on your chip. Boosting it to 1.4 will attempt to keep it more stable. If your still getting errors in Prime after this either your chip or mobo is screwed. I would lean more towards a mobo defect though. The 8350 is a power sucker and even more so if you overclock it. Mine at 4.8Ghz is running at 1.475v and my idle temps are around 40c with my Kraken x60. You have something very odd going on if your temps are never going above 30c.

Turn off Cool and Quiet in your bios and set your Vcore to 1.4 but keep everything else stock then run Prime 95 and see what happens. Stock Vcore is ~1.375 depending on your chip. Boosting it to 1.4 will attempt to keep it more stable. If your still getting errors in Prime after this either your chip or mobo is screwed. I would lean more towards a mobo defect though. The 8350 is a power sucker and even more so if you overclock it. Mine at 4.8Ghz is running at 1.475v and my idle temps are around 40c with my Kraken x60. You have something very odd going on if your temps are never going above 30c.

Set the Vcore to 1.4. Also ordered a Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 mobo to replace this one.

edit: in cpu-z it shows the voltage as 1.368???

Oops shame I wasn't around earlier.

OK first up the 8350 runs quite cool at idle (around 30c REAL temp) but it will throttle quickly. IE - your CPU has a safety limit built in that will make it throttle when it reaches 68c. This is very low in Intel terms but once you hit 68c you're basically going to have your CPU down clock to 1.6ghz.

Which of course is very slow. Avoid even opening the Asrock AXTU as it makes my PC bsod.

What you need is Everest. Get that downloaded and installed. Then keep an eye on your CPU temps.

What I can tell you is that a Corsair H60 could barely keep my temps under control in gaming with no overclock. At 4.2ghz overclock (8320 I run) it would throttle like a bugger.

The fix? get a Corsair h100/h100i/dual rad AIO.

Those are just a few things to know.. Whether it's being caused by a faulty board? no idea. But as I said I would start by taking a look at what happens to your temps when you game.

Edit. OK so I just noticed you run a H100i.. Right.. Try this.

Go into the bios and set your ram up manually using the correct timings. Then if you are using 1.5v ram over volt it to 1.6v.

I have 8gb Mushkin Blackline on my Asrock 990FX Extreme3 and it runs like dog turds until I do that. My machine WILL NOT run at all well with 1.5v on the memory. This seems to be specific to Asrock boards. Try that now, then try overclocking only using the FSB.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

How do I setup with the correct timings?

Well no matter what Freq. i set the ram to, it always changes every time I enter bios..

edit: what is the FSB?

Okay... since the stock ram voltage is 1.65v.. I overvolted to 1.7v.

I'll upload a screen of the bios.

LaN5ANr.jpg

B0YRVD6.png

My CPU-Z memory tab.

any of u using 8350 like myself gettin any problems with the stock fan that came with the cpu ? it's been quite hot here over the last week like 20-28 C. and the fan, especially while gaming goes to like 80-88% speed, with core temp of about 50, .. i know shudn't have used the stock colling but, meh, my first build here. any advice? ;] 

pFKuMi2.png

Seems wrong to me...

People no offense, but please stop (uninstall) using these OS tuners, they're all shit. You'll always have better results overclocking in BIOS. These OS tuners are known to report incorrect volts & over volt.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Overvolting the RAM is not necessary.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch