AMD FX8350 abnormally slow?

Hello! My 8350 seems to be very slow in most games...

BF3 with the 2 770s only get me 60-100ish (more close to constant 70 avg) fps on Ultra

CS:GO... on med-high it's getting me 80-150 (average about 100) 

Something has to be wrong here..

Specs:

2x ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770

ASRock 990FX Extreme4 Mobo

Corsair Dominator Plat. 8gb

Corsair H100i

Corsair hx850 850w psu

(obviously) AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3ghz

CM Storm Stryker Case

edit: forgot to note the ram is 2400mhz freq. ram, downclocked default in BIOS to some setting that is not any of the normal freqs of ram.

Have you overclocked your 770's?

What kind of display are you using? If it's 60hz, you shouldn't even worry.

Also, is your 8350 overclocked?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Does the CPU or GPU usage go to 100% in games? 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I've overclocked the GPUs.

I'm using a shitty SHARP "kitchen style" monitor until my ASUS 144hz comes in on friday.

The 8350 is overclocked to 4.3 ghz, about to OC more in a few minutes,

Does the CPU or GPU usage go to 100% in games? 

No. The CPU/GPU temps: (prepare for lols) CPU: max it's been IN GAME is 18, GPU: MAX IT'S BEEN IS 40 IN GAME

Edit: been playing for ~45 mins and the temp has stayed at a steady 18C

Ok, well it might not be just be the CPU causing the problem, have you looked into hard drives and Ram speeds and capacities?

What hard drives are you using?

What Ram speed and amount are you using?

Is the ram recommended by the m/board users manual?

Pretty much any of the above will effect gaming one way or other.

i am sure your graphics cards are easy enough for any game and the CPU has pretty good specs and temps.... so i would look into the other components.

got to love Asus components

Ok, well it might not be just be the CPU causing the problem, have you looked into hard drives and Ram speeds and capacities?

What hard drives are you using?

What Ram speed and amount are you using?

Is the ram recommended by the m/board users manual?

Pretty much any of the above will effect gaming one way or other.

i am sure your graphics cards are easy enough for any game and the CPU has pretty good specs and temps.... so i would look into the other components.

8gb of Corsair Dominator Plat, not recommended because freq. too high (2400mhz) It auto downclocked to some random freq. not of the normal 1333,1866, etc.

I just feel that the CPU is being throttled I guess you could say; It's just TOO cool and it WONT go over 20C. Something has to be wrong with that.. same with the GPUs they WONT go over 45..

Update: The dram frequency according to CPU-Z is 573mhz... Changing it in the bios does nada.

See if you can load up your system at all. Run Prime95 and a GPU benchmark that can loop, such as Unigine Heaven. Watch your temps, your loads, and your scores.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Update: The dram frequency according to CPU-Z is 573mhz... Changing it in the bios does nada.

That my be the Cool N' Quiet feature. Take the temperatures when running Prime95.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

There's definitely something wrong there, I get around about those frame rates on a single 660ti and a 4670k, two 770s should be demolishing those games, Have you checked the temps of your cpu, Make sure its not throttling 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

That my be the Cool N' Quiet feature. Take the temperatures when running Prime95.

Well i ran Prime95 and... BSOD. Core usage of all cores were 100 except 3 of them (they were at like 10-18% Didn't see temps, don't want to BSOD again.

There's definitely something wrong there, I get around about those frame rates on a single 660ti and a 4670k, two 770s should be demolishing those games, Have you checked the temps of your cpu, Make sure its not throttling 

Seems to me like it's throttling..

My question is why did you buy and 8350 and put 2 770s and deliminator platinum in it?

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Well i ran Prime95 and... BSOD. Core usage of all cores were 100 except 3 of them (they were at like 10-18% Didn't see temps, don't want to BSOD again.

Reset your 8350 to stock and retest. It may be unstable in the first place...if it passes 12 hours of Prime95 it should be ok.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

My question is why did you buy and 8350 and put 2 770s and deliminator platinum in it?

My question is why did you buy and 8350 and put dominator platinum in it?

Not to be an ass, but ^ fixed. 

I will put everything in the BIOS to default and test with prime 95 w/o changing anything... will post results...

Edit: ran it for 10 minutes, all cores 100% temp stayed at constant 28-29C.. 

That's a very good question. The money for the platinums should have been spent on an i7 instead, but I won't judge. 

The BSOD's in prime95 are very bad news if you're at stock clocks though. I'd try to RMA your CPU and maybe your motherboard if they're still new enough.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

That's a very good question. The money for the platinums should have been spent on an i7 instead, but I won't judge. 

The BSOD's in prime95 are very bad news if you're at stock clocks though. I'd try to RMA your CPU and maybe your motherboard if they're still new enough.

IT BSODs when it's at higher clock with just a tick more of voltage.

IT BSODs when it's at higher clock with just a tick more of voltage.

So any extra voltage over the stock amount causes BSODs?

So any extra voltage over the stock amount causes BSODs?

Maybe.. I'm trying to find the sweet spot for overclocking if anyone can help me with that.

Had to remove all overclocking for things to work..

I just looked again and see you have an asrock 990 m/board, i can't comment on this board as i don't know much about asrock boards, but could it be that is maybe the reason the board can't handle all that graphics and cpu processing power? something like a Sabertooth would work a lot better but its a mega pain to change a m/board as you have to do a full re-install.

I think a lot of people would be jelous to have a cpu running cool like that, and you have a good cooler so i still dont think anything is wrong with the CPU.

not sure how you have overclocked but i would recommend the software you get with the motherboard, i know Asus provide a good software called AI suite II (or III now) and i just use that and set to performance (happy medium) and it automatically changed and configures the settings for the cpu / ram etc.

keep use updated, i think its more a memory and m/board issue, or even drivers for the 770's i have heard sometimes they can cause conflict and problems.

go to Nvidia or the card manufacture and see if they have the newest drivers.

got to love Asus components

8gb of Corsair Dominator Plat, not recommended because freq. too high (2400mhz) It auto downclocked to some random freq. not of the normal 1333,1866, etc.

I just feel that the CPU is being throttled I guess you could say; It's just TOO cool and it WONT go over 20C. Something has to be wrong with that.. same with the GPUs they WONT go over 45..

18C and 20C are not your real temps unless your ambient temps are at least at that point. Without extreme cooling, it's impossible to go below ambient temperatures.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

18C and 20C are not your real temps unless your ambient temps are at least at that point. Without extreme cooling, it's impossible to go below ambient temperatures.

Had a feeling.. While I was running prime95 last night for 6hours the cpu was about 30C... seems STILL too low.

So any kind of overclocking causes your CPU to run slow? Also, yes, AMD temp sensors tend to be very bad.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch