[Scratchbuild] The Hikari Project - Full aluminium ATX case

Hanshin

YES about time another update. another sexy one

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

@Hanshin This looks inspiring! All the best!

I am an amateur builder and it would be nice if you could clear a doubt that has been lingering in my mind for a long time....How to get sponsors for a build? I need to make a friend inside the company or I need to submit like a project proposal or what should I do??? 

My build log(in progress): http://bit.ly/1CMaebR

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Is it just me or do the renders look alot like the LD PC-V10?

It might! 

LD have been one of my reference in computer case design (as Silverstone and CaseLabs) so I take it as a compliment.  :P 

I really loved the LD-V8 I used in a past project!

@Hanshin This looks inspiring! All the best!

I am an amateur builder and it would be nice if you could clear a doubt that has been lingering in my mind for a long time....How to get sponsors for a build? I need to make a friend inside the company or I need to submit like a project proposal or what should I do??? 

Thank you!

You have have to contact companies with project, showing what you want to do and how you will do it.

Here are some links that might help you:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=161656

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/11/20/hitchhiker_guide_to_mod_sponsorship/1

http://www.paultandesigns.com/10-things-i-learned-in-modding-sponsorship/

Good luck!

Looking nice, love aluminum cases, I own a Silverstone ft05

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...

Looking nice, love aluminum cases, I own a Silverstone ft05

Nice case! Really want to use it for one of my next projects!

Update time!

Let's start with the introduction of my new sponsor, Corsair (special thanks to Jon and Joseph)!

fNUJioH.png

First part of the package they sent me!

zoLXEL9.png

A Corsair Neutron XT 960GB!

KM5Is32.png

It looks gorgeous! But I guess it won't be red for too long. :P

8P46pQZ.png

6 SP120 fans for the radiators.  Should I paint them too?

Still waiting for the last watercooling parts to come then I'll start the assembly of the loop!

Oh, and something came back from painting booth. :D

Some preview shots.

vH7TrKt.png

The assembly was flawless! Very happy with the result and with a nice paint this time!

o0kbrtr.png

Some preview of the rear of the case. Really love the ventilations! I still have to figure a little problem with the I/O bracket but should be ready soon.

FjRzfLg.png

I tried to fit the side panels for a preview. Working on a new way to attach them more easily, I hope I'll be able to show you more soon!

Yeah ft05 is nice, small, hard to fit my custom loop in.

Wow that's looking nice. Large.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Nice case! Really want to use it for one of my next projects!

Update time!

Let's start with the introduction of my new sponsor, Corsair (special thanks to Jon and Joseph)!

First part of the package they sent me!
A Corsair Neutron XT 960GB!
It looks gorgeous! But I guess it won't be red for too long. :P
6 SP120 fans for the radiators.  Should I paint them too?
Still waiting for the last watercooling parts to come then I'll start the assembly of the loop!
Oh, and something came back from painting booth. :D
Some preview shots.

-image snips-

The assembly was flawless! Very happy with the result and with a nice paint this time!
Some preview of the rear of the case. Really love the ventilations! I still have to figure a little problem with the I/O bracket but should be ready soon.
I tried to fit the side panels for a preview. Working on a new way to attach them more easily, I hope I'll be able to show you more soon!

Oh my that case just looks gorgeous. Gratz on the new sponsor as well ;)

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Scratch builds always pique my interest and this one is no different, the case looks great already! The window made me think of the define series of fractal design, did you get the idea from those cases? Really looking forward to the updates, have fun building in it!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Yeah ft05 is nice, small, hard to fit my custom loop in.

Wow that's looking nice. Large.

Yes, it's quite large, and already heavy!

Good thing I have been weight lifting for some years.  :lol:

Oh my that case just looks gorgeous. Gratz on the new sponsor as well ;)

Thank you sir!  :) 

Couldn't be happier, Corsair is one of my favorite brand and their interest means a lot for me!

Scratch builds always pique my interest and this one is no different, the case looks great already! The window made me think of the define series of fractal design, did you get the idea from those cases? Really looking forward to the updates, have fun building in it!

Thank you for the nice words!

For the window, I tried to match the same pattern as for the ventilations. But now you said it, there must be some inspiration that came from the define series! I really love those cases!

• 6 months later...

Been so long since the last update!

A lot happened but back to the build: I will move back to France next year so I will try to finish this project really soon.

Some parts took really a long time to come and some changes occured with the sponsors, so here we go!

A big thanks to Pexon PCs for all the cables!

OqUbT7f.png

The sleeving job is astonishing! I made quite a lot of cables myself until now but I must recognize James is on another level when it comes to sleeving. :D

i4NtBSg.jpg

BifLDgw.jpg

aD2Ck3Q.jpg

There was a PSU tester in the package too! :thumb:

tCcy4lk.jpg

New sponsors of the project: Hardware Labs and Cooling Lab, who have provided two gorgeous Black Ice Nemesis 360 GTX!

0crOuRp.png

bGePkCN.png

A very big thanks to Wilbert and Hide for the support!

EGMBrdb.jpg

d0KKuqu.jpg

d36ohfZ.jpg

I also changed my plans concerning the reservoir since a change of sponsor, and I will go with the reservoir/pump combo from EKWB.

Still need to do some work because of size compability but I will be be able to show more soon.

I also bought a Silhouette portrait. I can't wait to start working on the stickers!

This was the last update on the hardware that will be used in this build. Next one will be about the install of the hardware and the tubing I will do next week end.

Stay tuned and thanks for all the nice words!

I will start this update with a thought for my country and the city I come from after what happened Friday evening.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day for all of us!

So today I had some time to work on the build.

I was able to do the radiator mount system in the bottom chamber after some package arrived.

I3m1KXb.png

u4fmylU.png

I really love those bracket. They are very solid and do the job!

rlfv5Bc.png

97xkjCr.jpg

The left radiator on the picture seems to not be straight, it is just because I didn't tune the height yet .

It is perfectly mounted now. 

I have enough space between the rads to mount the Silverstone CPF04 (fan hub) I have ordered. I will take more pictures once I have it!

Next, I had some old HDD trays in my closet. I found I could do something with them. After some cutting:

IkHaF6K.png

RUOXKuE.png

Yes, I will use them as guide rails for the radiator plate. :D

Need to glue , sand and paint them but doing some fit testing here.

uGWScaa.jpg

So far so good!

u5F1Cs3.png

Once the plate is mounted, just have to screw it to secure it. 

Today, I took the motherboard off the bench and put it for the first time in her new home!

2V0viaz.png

I couldn't resist and did a preview of what it looks like with the cables. 

2jl6zHM.jpg

I also had the time to attach the reservoir mount to the case. 

My first plans were to have the pump mounted in the bottom chamber, but I went with the reservoir/pump combo from EKWB instead.

vTn8Y5T.png

As you can see, the mount is upside down. It is because there's not enough clearance if I mount  the reservoir the traditional way.  

Hb4f6p1.jpg

I love the look of it. I think it will look better once I finished the middle plate (but that's for a future update)..

Also had some time to play with my Silhouette Portrait. Can you guess what it is? :D

mTXDUfZ.png

This will look very lovely when finished, gonna think of some nice internal lighting?

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

Today, I had some time to work on the middle plate of the case.

I bought some acrylic sheets and got it cutted.

uFBzP0j.png

Mirror acrylic, clear acrylic and some milk acrylic.

0bvk7KK.png

I assembled the walls of the plate with acrylic cement. Crazy stuff!

WLfosX7.png

I received a led strip earlier this week, based on 5630 SMD modules. Power hungry compared to other modules but very bright and perfect for what I need.

l7fcGAy.jpg

pW6rMzk.jpg

I stick the led strip on the walls I glued earlier and then put the clear acrylic part inside.

fvuYDmO.jpg

n7JRiBl.png

I sanded the upper face of the clear acrylic sheet. Some people find that letting it clear or doing a check pattern is the best for light diffusion, but I obtained the best result by sanding it with some sanding paper (the picture have been taken after the first pass).

After a few more passes of sanding and some testing, I put the milk acrylic sheet on top.

I used some matte black vinyl paper on the upper part to hide the modules brightness you can see through when the lightbox is powered.

32hQtg3.jpg

Time to do some testing!

ixOWiZm.png

qdhzLvQ.png

pwyPEJW.png

I'm very happy with the result!

Now I have to do some sleeving and finish the I/O bracket, then I will start installing the hardware inside.

But that will be for the next updates. :D

Daaayum... now that is something different to what I had in mind :D nice 

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

bought* 

hehehe

Gorgeous 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

• 1 month later...
Thank you guys!

Been busy between work and preparing for our moving next month, but I have been able to do some progress today. biggrin.png

First of all, I have finally finished the I/O bracket. Had some issues to figure but very happy with the result!

hQZysuF.png

I have also received the fan controller/hub I was waiting for, the Silverstone CPF04.

LYDVtyg.jpg

TThkdxV.jpg

0amByIp.jpg

It is very compact and it fits perfectly between the two radiators. 

29ljmtb.jpg

Painted, sleeved and Sata Power connector replaced by 4 pin Molex connector. 

Next on list was the superb SSD Corsair provided me. First of all, take off the sticker.

hDrtQjU.png

SSD pr0n time!

0vpjWeP.jpg

After giving several matte black paint coats and putting on the stickers I cutted, here it is!

ePe6WeH.jpg

Yq6dPvH.png

You can't really notice it but the Corsair logo and the H of HKR are silver painted, but I can't really catch it on camera. dry.png

Finally, I had time to work on the drain line of the loop.

9J6hwW8.jpg

U1VJ6ef.png

iNsGhCZ.png

The rest of the loop will be made in rigid tubing, but I chose to go the flexible way for the drain line, as it will easier when I'll need to do some maintenance.

I will just have to double check there is no leak from the valve, or it could a real problem. laugh.png

CM4upBK.png

I also got the fan rings of the SP120 painted in matte black. I'm still wondering if I should paint the central fan in white or if it is good with only the ring ring. 

I actually been able to do more progress, but you'll have to wait for the next update! tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you guys! I'm so happy to see people loving the project! Today's update will surely be the last before the final pics, so here we go!

We are moving in two weeks so I took some time to work on the build, because I'll have to send the case to France then (and won't be able to touch it until next summer when we'll move to Paris...).

So let me show you the progress I made last weekend.

First of all, A big thank you to all my sponsors: Corsair, EKWB, Hardware Labs, Cooling Lab and Pexon PCs

xbeFE3U.png

I started by putting those sexy water blocks on the M6F. They look amazing!

UnsSM2o.png

tRfH40O.png

As the MB shield was off, I had some time to work on something I previewed in a previous updates, the motherboard logo.

Despite of the new M8F that has RGB capabilities, the Maximus VI Formula only offer red LED color for the central logo.

Well, until now. :D

ef7t7yG.jpg

6wNx3uz.png

I cut the logo using my Silhouette Cameo, and cut a small LED stripe that should fit perfectly.

oxa3YLX.jpg

Perfect length! Now need to cut the rear of the shield to let the LED stripe cable some space.

L9xomFx.png

cmpUEWZ.png

I really love the result. Can't wait to see it in action!

Now, time to put the shield back on the motherboard.

Gzfm5zb.jpg

1ufJjKE.jpg

Next on the list what the GPU block.

Wu4xA9F.jpg

I really love the black stock cooler, but something better is coming.

5ILN8Wo.png

SUQXOkH.png

kWhAXhw.png

uGPcNaG.png

L2SvyVI.png

EKWB goodness! :D

The rest of the day consisted in this:

chE2qbB.png

7b618wd.png

The bends from the radiator chamber to the upper chamber was a PITA to do, but I really love the result.

That's all for today, but as I'm a nice person, I'll give you a preview of what is coming in the next update. :P

8OzbTs3.png