Microsoft is begging for mercy... :D

WhiteSkyMage

Looks like Microsoft is begging for mercy, saying that VR is not now ready for use, and they got the reason to - No VR headset for the Xbox one and Xbox one will not have the power to drive any other VR headset. That's really what i wanted to see... I wonder how are they going to bring PC gamers and Xbox1 gamers together as a community (with that Xbox app), when next year, with Oculus Rift and presumably Valve's VR headset makes a gap between PC gamers and Console guys.

Microsoft should just surrender. Stop with that outdated crappy hardware that can't run even 1080p. It's 2015 already! Why are people investing in such crap?!

Well, the PC Master race gamers will be the ones next year to have what they paid for, and you smoking console gamers will stay in the previous century together with Microsoft and Sony!

http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/monitors/anton-shilov/microsoft-xbox-chief-vr-is-not-a-now-thing/

Mr. Spencer should just go shoot himself. What he is saying is what makes people going angry at him, cuz he is just another console fanboy! Microsoft must be sued for inventing such thing as Xbox one, not saying Sony is not.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Actually even PCs struggle with VR atm so no wonder that Consoles won`t be able to drive it ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

i couldn't care less about VR to a console.

VR on PC though, we're got the power.

i want to see augmented reality with hololense.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

VR is as gimmicky as 3d. Not saying it always will be but for now, unless your a dev / reviewer.. Just don't

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Actually even PCs struggle with VR atm so no wonder that Consoles won`t be able to drive it ^^

Next year PCs will be fine... You will drive Oculus with only 1 gpu, but the consoles will a looong time to get such compute power. The VR headsets coming next year or the end of this year will be direct hit to Microsoft's attempt to combine PC gamers with their Xbox one community.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Next year PCs will be fine... You will drive Oculus with only 1 gpu, but the consoles will a looong time to get such compute power. The VR headsets coming next year or the end of this year will be direct hit to Microsoft's attempt to combine PC gamers with their Xbox one community.

Can't imagine that next years GPUs will be able to drive 4K at 144FPS stable, but I hope so.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

I'm surprised they don't just push streaming for VR, we were told the cloud would be able to help them out of exactly this kind of shortcomings. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

a pc for 600 bucks with about twice graphical horsepower than PS4 can drive 1440p, i dont know what you on about m8

Microsoft VR: 792p with that buttery smooth 24fps.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

a pc for 600 bucks with about twice graphical horsepower than PS4 can drive 1440p, i dont know what you on about m8

m8 for VR you need more than 1440p at 144FPS, show me how you can get that stable with a 800$ PC. Keep in mind 144FPS STABLE

they probably don't care for VR because they are going to push a 3D AR headset called hololense, i'm sure that's why, also what the hell does VR has to do with putting xbox stuff on PC, wut?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

m8 for VR you need more than 1440p at 144FPS, show me how you can get that stable with a 800$ PC. Keep in mind 144FPS STABLE

144hz ? i thought they gonna have 90 fps and higher than 1080p panel.

jeez... those requirements doe... i guess you will need crossfire 290`s minimum for real just to play in VR

what is Valve VR resolution and hz?

144hz ? i thought they gonna have 90 fps and higher than 1080p panel.

jeez... those requirements doe... i guess you will need crossfire 290`s minimum for real just to play in VR

ATM they have 1440p maybe even with 90hz but they still say that its not the best they could do.

So people are surprised that a cheap £250-£300 console is not as powerful as a PC that usually "uses a high end GPU" to render games ( if I remember well, Ocolus rift used 1 high end GPU, it might have been the R9 390/x)?

Of course it is not.

If you want to play VR GAMES (= live render) then you would need the hardware to run it that cost money. That is a different question how casual friendly VR will be at first years

I bet 99.99% of the  Xbox users will not even notice it

And can we overcome the thing that Computer games are the middle of the universe?

You were talking about this difference like it would actually change the whole life of a person.

To be fair they are right, VR ATM is a cool experience but that's all it is. Most traditional games aren't great in VR, its no good for competitive gaming and while you can have relaxing experiences in it I would say in general its not a relaxing way of playing games.

Its a really cool tech and I'm hyped for it but its going to go through some growing pains, someone needs to figure out the game style that really makes VR, cockpit games are the best ATM IMO but I still think there could be better, at the very least there is a real need for input devices that feel natural in VR (whilst being accurate).

Personally I think we are still years away from VR being a really great experience, for the time being its a "WOW that was cool now let me go back to my monitor" experience.

Its also worth noting that some of the best experiences in VR at the moment don't actually need a lot of processing power :)

I'm surprised they don't just push streaming for VR, we were told the cloud would be able to help them out of exactly this kind of shortcomings.

Latency is a HUGE problem in VR ;)

VR is as gimmicky as 3d. Not saying it always will be but for now, unless your a dev / reviewer.. Just don't

I don't think you've ever tried it, you'll change your mind.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

You need next year's flagship for this...which presumably costs a 600-700$. Maybe for $1000 you can. Remember that Nvidia will use 16nm node with new architecture Pascal + HBM 2nd Gen. I do't think it will be 2 times stronger than titan x, but 50% stronger is enough to make it for 120Hz (remember the CV1 was first said to be 90Hz but let's say they do it 120Hz since they moved the roadmap).

You need next year's flagship for this...which presumably costs a 600-700$. Maybe for $1000 you can. Remember that Nvidia will use 16nm node with new architecture Pascal + HBM 2nd Gen. I do't think it will be 2 times stronger than titan x, but 50% stronger is enough to make it for 120Hz (remember the CV1 was first said to be 90Hz but let's say they do it 120Hz since they moved the roadmap).

Yeah hope so but even then 1000$ is really much if you think about it

Mr. Spencer should just go shoot himself.

Well that's one way to put it, but considering all the stupid sh*the that comes out of that mans mouth I'm inclined to agree.

imagine what the latency would do to you when it's right in your face

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

-snip-

exactly, it is a brand new technology, people must understand it first then use it. I can assure you that whereas most of the consumers have seen a monitor before, they have not seen a VR headset, let alone use it. 

Yeah hope so but even then 1000$ is really much if you think about it

especially considering that if you buy a 4K display, (£400 ish) and gpu/gpus that can render well (£600 ish or more) you still need to buy the extra VR unit, that will be aroun £250.. certainly it is expensive for most of the people just to blow money on 

So people are surprised that a cheap £250-£300 console is not as powerful as a PC that usually "uses a high end GPU" to render games ( if I remember well, Ocolus rift used 1 high end GPU, it might have been the R9 390/x)?

Of course it is not.

If you want to play VR GAMES (= live render) then you would need the hardware to run it that cost money. That is a different question how casual friendly VR will be at first years

I bet 99.99% of the  Xbox users will not even notice it

And can we overcome the thing that Computer games are the middle of the universe?

You were talking about this difference like it would actually change the whole life of a person.

The bigger problem is that they want to "bring us together"......by forcing us to buy a console. Essentially.

No, we don't want to stream games from that shit box, to a PC. It makes little to no sense to do so. Just give us the goddamned exclusives already.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

imagine what the latency would do to you when it's right in your face

That's what I thought in general but Microsoft was very insisting on lying talking about it when they were promoting the xbone

-------

Current Rig

-------

The bigger problem is that they want to "bring us together"......by forcing us to buy a console. Essentially.

No, we don't want to stream games from that shit box, to a PC. It makes little to no sense to do so. Just give us the goddamned exclusives already.

This is the most important point: Yes I know that there could be legit cases for the usefulness but Microsoft is trying to sell this to PC gamers who obviously have much stronger machines already. Everybody else making points in favor of this fucking nonsense need to communicate those to Microsoft directly so they can shift focus and promote the feature properly "Too broke for gaming? Your next door roomie has an xbone? Now you can stream his xbone games to your barely working laptop!"

-------

Current Rig

-------