Asus h97 pro gamer or gigabyte h97 gaming 3 don't care about the money just the performance vote plz

Plz vote for the one which has the best performance and utilities don't worry about the money

There is not going to be a performance difference. On this tier, motherboards are just interconnects for all the parts, the variety gives you more or less features to pick from. Get what you are likely to use.

There is not going to be a performance difference. On this tier, motherboards are just interconnects for all the parts, the variety gives you more or less features to pick from. Get what you are likely to use.

so which one?

so which one?

As I said before, it's a matter of what features you are looking for. If I were to choose between these boards, I'll get the Asus one, because I prefer the Intel Ethernet chipsets instead of the Killer one used by the Gigabyte Gaming 3.

However, keep in mind, with these motherboards, there is not going to be any possibility of higher end features, like SLI; as there are not enough PCIe lanes. SLI, overclocking, and some other features are present only on Z97 chipset motherboards. This chipset is often better paired with a K CPU (overclockeable), but it's not mandatory that you do.

Good options around the $125 price tag, are the Asus Z97-E,  the MSI G45 gaming, Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 and Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3.

For more information on these motherboards, check Luke's videos, on the Budget Motherboard Showdown!

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpASmjWPB0

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqp9TdLNNfs

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aCbBABFaM

In terms of performance, bang for the buck, durability, cooling ALWAYS go for Asus :3 ( for me if you are out of budget but wants a decent board Gigabyte is the best choice, please dont bash me Gigabyte fans its just my perspective ) 

Intel Core i5 - 6400 <> Msi B150A Gaming Pro <> Msi Gtx 970 Gaming <> G.Skill Ripjaw 4 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz

<> Corsair CX500M <> 160 & 250 Seagate HDD <> Aerocool Strike X (Casing) <>

if you want performance then you need a Z series m/board. especially if money is not an issue.

got to love Asus components

if you want performance then you need a Z series m/board. especially if money is not an issue.

but I dont overclock so is there another reason to get the Z chipsets?

but I dont overclock so is there another reason to get the Z chipsets?

better quality components, better VRM, better onboard sound, better / more and faster interfaces, usually more fan headers, the list goes on.

got to love Asus components

If you're not overclocking, about the only reason to get a Z model motherboard over and H model motherboard is if you're looking to run multiple graphics cards, need more SATA, USB and/or fan headers and even then it is pretty easy to find H model motherboards with the same number of SATA, USB and fan headers.

If you're going with an H model motherboard then look at the number of SATA, USB and fan headers and look at their placement and try to see if their placement would cause any issues with your case and components.