My Camo Build

Nickadeamus

I posted pics of my first ever builds under Case Modding and other Mods – Custom Paint Job. Then TheIceCage thought I should do a build log. I have never done this before and really didn’t know what to put into it. The GRRigger gave me Ideas for it, like my process for painting my case.

I want to say this build log will only be updated once or twice a month for the next few months due to we are moving 300 miles from are old home to this one I painted my case at. There will be a lot of work for me to do until we get the move done and over with.

First up is my case

Corsair Vengeance C70 Black

Tools used

Phillips head screwdriver

Knife

SKULL 325 airbrush stencil template (I got on ebay)

Drop cloth

Supplies used

Cross/FIRE 600 grit waterproof sandpaper

Blue painters tape from Ace Hardware

Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter

Rust-Oleum American Accents Primer (wet or dry sandable, Black)

Rust-Oleum Camouflage spray paint (Black, Brown, Green, Tan)

91% Isopropyl Alcohol (got it at a pharmacy)

Cotton rages (from a shirt I cut up)

Good dust mask (can’t tell you what kind. I have had them for a long time stored in a plastic bag)

Different plant material (leaves, handful of grass, small pieces of pine branch)

Old news papers

I don’t have pic’s of me taking the case apart, taping, sanding or painting. So I’ll try to give some details on what I did. But here in the spoiler are the finished paint job pic’s.

post-31807-0-22370200-1373489958_thumb.jpost-31807-0-06269900-1373489975_thumb.jpost-31807-0-44645600-1373489992_thumb.jpost-31807-0-37136700-1373490013_thumb.jpost-31807-0-79430400-1373490037_thumb.jpost-31807-0-02114300-1373490063_thumb.jpost-31807-0-51787000-1373490082_thumb.jpost-31807-0-53402200-1373490107_thumb.jpost-31807-0-59307300-1373490250.jpg

If you want to know what I did to paint this then keep reading.

First off I stripped the case down as far as I could go using only the screwdriver, removing everything on the inside also. The Reset button on the front panel can be popped out but the power button I just covered with a piece of tape. I removed the face plate and door cover to my blu-ray drive so I can prep them for pain also (I learned how to do this from a You-Tube vid). I then covered everything I didn’t want paint to get on with the blue painters tape. For the holes in the grills and other places I put the tape on the back side of them to keep the paint from coming through. For bigger openings I used tape and news papers to cover them.

After I got everything taped up I started to sand all the areas I wanted to paint with the 600 grit sandpaper. When I was done with the sanding I used my rages with water to clean off the dust made with the sand paper. Then I used 91% isopropyl alcohol and a clean rage to wipe it all down again to make shur I got all the dust and any fingerprints off.

Then I sprayed the Adhesion Promoter on all the parts I wanted to paint. Make shure you use a mask when you do any spraying with this and any spry paints. The Promoter only takes 2 to 3 min. to dry so as soon as I got everything covered with it I went back to my first piece and started to spray on my primer. I let the primer dry for about 45 min. then did a test sand to see if it was dry enough. Then I did light sanding on all the parts again and cleaned everything off with the isopropyl alcohol again. Making shur I get all the dust off.

I then painted all the parts with the black camouflage paint (this is my base coat). As it was drying I went outside and got stuff from the plants in my yard to use as patterns on the paint job.

I wanted to note I didn’t do anymore sanding from this point on and didn’t put a clear coat over any of it when I was done. I wanted the ruff look and feel.

This camouflage paint dries fast so you don’t need a lot of time between colors.

I put the PCI port covers back into my case and then put tape on the back side of them to stop the paint from getting into my case. Then I put the blu-ray face plate and door where it should go into the front cover piece and the two front bay cover plates into place on the front cover piece of my case and taped behind them. I then put the side trim pieces to the window into place.

This next part is hard for me to tell you how to do but I started with the tan paint. Grab a leaf or something lay it down on to the case and then spray over and around it. You can use as many different shapes and sizes as you want. I didn’t put the tan on the solid panel side yet. When you are done with the tan move on to a new color (for me it was green). Do the same thing and overlap the colors. Then I moved on to the brown. Know I went back to the solid side panel and placed my stencil where I wanted it and used the tan paint and sprayed my pattern. Then I added some of the tan to the rest of that side panel. I had to add a little more of the other colors to try and hide the lines that was made from the outer part of the stencil.

I let the paint dry for about 45 min. then I put all the panels and front cover back onto the case and used the different pants and a leaf to try and match up everything. To make it look seamless. Then I let it dry for about two hours and started to remove all the tape and newspapers. Then I put everything back together. I put the cover plate and door back on my blu-ray and mounted it into my case. I also put the fans that came with the case back in and installed my PSU.

Parts I Have Right Now

PSU = Corsair AX760 

Disc Drive = ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS – OEM

Water Cooler = Corsair H100i

Extra Case Fan = Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition

SSD = OCZ Vertex 4          

Part I Don’t Have Yet Or Part I Want  

MOB = ASUS Sabertooth Z87 LGA 1150

Chip = Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell

SDRAM = Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8) DDRS3 1866

HD = Western Digital WD Black 2TB

2nd SSD = ?

Video Card = ? (a 760 or 770 don’t know yet but if I get a 760 I know I will be getting a second 760)

Wow, it's stunning. Now I want to get a c70 just so I can do a desert camo on it! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Can't wait :)

Just clicked the button to show the spoiler, WOW!

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

Love it!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

WOW :o First time i regret pressing the spoiler thingy...

Now i look at my case and.. nice its black <_<

Why is that 99% of ppl love camo things ? i know i do!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I'd say all that hard work paid off, nicely done.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I really like your paint job

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Can't claim to be too much of a camo fan myself, but that is some properly nice

workmanship, very nice indeed! :)

Also, very considerate of you to write down how you actually did it in case anyone

would want to follow in your footsteps.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Nicely done mate

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

eeerrrrrmmerrgeerrrd!

That is an epic paint job!

It has to be the best looking custom paint job that I have seen on the interwebs!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I have some smoke color plexiglass coming to replace the window in this case. I will add a list of what I used and where I got it from along with info on how I will do it (with pic's).

• 2 weeks later...

what is going on with this?

I put the pic's above in a spoiler but it is not in it. I tryed to edit it and the pic's will not go into a spoiler on my end.

I got on here today to give a little update. For just the fun of it I painted a cheep keyboard to go with my case. I haven't did anything else yet but when I do I'll let you know.

post-31807-0-39794900-1374758096_thumb.j

post-31807-0-35953200-1374758107_thumb.j

I'm not really a big fan of camo paint jobs normally, but it goes really nicely with this case. Plus, the quality of the painting makes it looks absolutely fantastic.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Whoa! - i came across your case on Google the other day, while searching for c70's :)
Got surprised when i saw it here - Its a very, very nice paint job you've made here, really like it!
Was nice to see more pictures of the case from google :D - Thanks for sharing your mod!

Edit: haha nice, i just noticed you contributed to the [Official] Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case Owner Club!  - Thumps up for that!!

Whoa! - i came across your case on Google the other day, while searching for c70's :)

Got surprised when i saw it here - Its a very, very nice paint job you've made here, really like it!

Was nice to see more pictures of the case from google :D - Thanks for sharing your mod!

Edit: haha nice, i just noticed you contributed to the [Official] Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case Owner Club!  - Thumps up for that!!

I think it is great that you found it on Google like that, and thanks for the good remarks.

That looks extremely epic nice job! only thing I would change is a glass side panel.

working on it, thanks