Scamming the Scammers

Ghost

This guy set-up a dummy computer and allowed himself to get scammed to see what happened.

Quite an interesting video. You may want to skip some parts forwards.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

A couple of years ago I got a call from "Microsoft" about a virus on my computer and they called to fix it for me. So, just for fun I let them guide me through the deep laying software of a Solaris server. Never have I heard anyone so confused as the guy from "Microsoft"

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

A couple of years ago I got a call from "Microsoft" about a virus on my computer and they called to fix it for me. So, just for fun I let them guide me through the deep laying software of a Solaris server. Never have I heard anyone so confused as the guy from "Microsoft"

I get the same thing a lot. I tell them I only run linux :)

hello

lol

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I got a spam email for a listing I had. I traced it to an apartment in Richmond Washington. I really wanted to respond with, "how's Richmond? Do you like the sunset apartments?" But I doubt the guy actually sent the email from there.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I'm sure this has been posted before. Might have been a different forum though.

either way. A good watch.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Very interesting, I can say I have never had it happen to me, I know my parents have gotten a few calls, but it is quite funny when my mother is cussing out the "Helper" on the other line as they say they are good with computers and so is her husband and son, oh well, 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I get the same thing a lot. I tell them I only run linux :)

haha LOL XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Haha you would have to be pretty gullable to fall for this!

I pissed my pants first part where this little prick couldn't get this awesome guy's number, and he was pissing him telling that he couldn't give his landline. I pissed at the second part when he talked about fixing warranty. And  i shitted at the last part where Richard started arguing with the guy shitting about not scamming. xD, well it is good that i live in Croatia so i don't have to encounter assholes like "Richard"

Thank you for posting this video

the video it self wasn't very interesting for me

its his other video's that caught my attention

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

@Ghost, really man, this is the 3rd time this thread subject appears with the same video...

Really?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

57:00  "oh shit 37 problems!!" , this guy awesome.

@Ghost, really man, this is the 3rd time this thread subject appears with the same video...

Really?

Unfortunately I don't hang around the "General Discusion" section of the forum much so I didn't know.

It seems a couple of people haven't seen it yet and enjoyed it so no harm done eh?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Unfortunately I don't hang around the "General Discusion" section of the forum much so I didn't know.

It seems a couple of people haven't seen it yet and enjoyed it so no harm done eh?

Who let you out of the water cooling section???

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I don't get it how do people fall for this? Why would someone call you if there was a virus on your computer? Who the shit is going to call you? That's like having a someone call and say "Your toilet is dirty, I need to investigate."

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

And it's funny how this guys talks and actually knows exactly whats going on.

"Hey Richard theres nearly 4000 fragmented files here. Whats a fragmented file?"

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

meow, meow meow

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Watched the whole thing. Worth the build up to the end

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

One of the most epic trolls I've ever seen, and it was for a good cause. I did feel bad for "Richard" in the end, even though what he was doing is wrong, there are a lot of impoverished people in India that try to resort to underhanded methods just to feed their family.

When I was a major n00b with computers 3 years ago I called them with a problem I had and I got scammed :/

what I had done was changed the default program to open exe files to adobe reader (idk why I did that) and they downloaded one thing on another account on my computer to fix the issue. so they fixed it and then charged me $200 when all I had to do was create a new account on my laptop.

MOTHERBOARD-   MSI Z87-G45 CPU- INTEL 4770k RAM- G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1333mhz GRAPHICS CARD- Power color 7850 2GB 256-BIT POWER SUPPLY- LOGISYS 750 watt CPU COOLER- Corsair H60 CASE- SilverStone Redline series RL02B-W-USB 3.0

I don't get it how do people fall for this? Why would someone call you if there was a virus on your computer? Who the shit is going to call you? That's like having a someone call and say "Your toilet is dirty, I need to investigate."

Because people are gullible and trusting. Their computer is having problems and a nice man offers to fix it for them. They probably think its normal that someone will call them because that is the way computers work. Probably the percentage of people who fall for stuff like this is not big but your trying all the time.

Here is a good documentary on this stuff:

I pissed my pants first part where this little prick couldn't get this awesome guy's number, and he was pissing him telling that he couldn't give his landline. I pissed at the second part when he talked about fixing warranty. And  i shitted at the last part where Richard started arguing with the guy shitting about not scamming. xD, well it is good that i live in Croatia so i don't have to encounter assholes like "Richard"

I had a great laugh at all of these points too.

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7