Houston we have a problem (heat sink)

Go to solution Solved by SeanAngelo,

How do i know which way its pulling and is the back fan automatically exhausting out the air?

normally, a cpu cooler has the fan blowing into the heatsink but there should be arrows indicating which way they are blowing.

Looks like i have a problem here. My Heat sink is too big for me to turn it. As of right now the air flow of the back fan and the heat sink fans are suffocating each other i believe. Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas on how i should go on about this?

post-69399-0-46476200-1428429018_thumb.j

can you provide pictures? @

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

You should be able to flip the heatsink fan so that its pulling air through the heatsink and out towards the case fan.

can you provide pictures? @

Try refreshing the page. a second ago it wasn't showing and now its showing

You should be able to flip the heatsink fan so that its pulling air through the heatsink and out towards the case fan.

How do i know which way its pulling and is the back fan automatically exhausting out the air?

there are small arrows on the side of the fans

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

normally, a cpu cooler has the fan blowing into the heatsink but there should be arrows indicating which way they are blowing.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you can't get the fan removed from the cpu heatsink to mount it on the other side, just take the case fan and turn that one around.

That should be possible, 4 screws and job done, but it's not optimal because it will probably suck dusty air into the case.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Thank you sir!