Apple wants you to avoid product launch lines

apple-store-fifth-avenue-timothy-clary-a

The company that basically invented the product launch madness is now working hard to get rid of them. 

Its amusing. The grand circle of life in which companies mocked Apple fans as sheep for standing in line (said companies who now pay people to attend events as "fans" no less) now ends with Apple coming up with a way to get rid of lines entirely for new product launches. 

I don't disagree. People are idiots. Malls and other complexes don't appreciate bums bumming days in advance just to scalp product. Apple probably gets tired of people shipping phones to other countries en masse just to avoid release dates and squander local stock. 

Apple no longer wants you to wait in long lines during product launches -- in fact, it would sometimes prefer that you stay at home. An Angela Ahrendts memo leaked to Business Insider shows that the company is going to steer you toward using either the Apple Store app or its online store to buy devices like the Apple Watch and 12-inch MacBook. There's "more availability" online, she says, and you'll know just when you'll get your goods instead of "crossing your fingers" while you sit in a queue.

Importantly, this isn't just idle talk. The memo source claims that, in the UK, you can't pick up your Apple Watch order in-store -- you'll have to wait for it to show up at home. While you'll still have the store pickup option in the US (and likely elsewhere), it's clear that Apple will be downplaying in-person sales for at least some of its hot ticket items.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/07/apple-wants-you-to-avoid-product-launch-lines/

I would rephrase the title to "Apple joins us in the 21st century by allowing customers to buy products on launch day, online"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes, please. There is nothing wrong with waiting a week or two in order to get the same product.

Try it on in the store to know what you are getting. And then either get it in the store, or order it online.

Nice! It's about time someone did something to stop the madness.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, duh, it's pretty obvious you should order online. I'm not camping outside the Apple Store for a whole fucking week just to get something.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would rephrase the title to "Apple joins us in the 21st century by allowing customers to buy products on launch day, online"

You always have been able to, Apple is now basically forcing you to for new launches. 

Haha, I think we all know how intelligent the average Apple customer is, these lines aren't going anywhere. 

I think we all know how much intelligence YOU have with a shitpost like this.

Haha, I think we all know how intelligent the average Apple customer is, these lines aren't going anywhere. 

as in what almost all content creators use, right.

I think its mostly about stock. its hard to predict how much to send to each store, much easier just to do it all from the warehouse

Ah, the average Apple hate. Oh, how it plagues these forums.

You've always been able to pre-order them online and have them ship on launch day IIRC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Ah, the average Apple hate. Oh, how it plagues these forums.

You've always been able to pre-order them online and have them ship on launch day IIRC.

You always have been able to, Apple is now basically forcing you to for new launches. 

I think we all know how much intelligence YOU have with a shitpost like this.

So then what's the point of the article?

You can't pick up Apple Watch in-store, only in the US you can.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Exactly...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have never stood in an Apple launch line, but I get in a way. Its kind of fun to actually go and stand in the excitement with your friends early in the morning and be a part of the excitement. I mean, look at those videos Apple made about the launch days, people are happy and enjoying.

However camping in front of the store even one day prior just shows how jobless you are. But then again, most people who does that are promoters and they get paid for the thing they do

that would be the right way to rephrase it, although if im not mistaken that's already a common thing(the launch so much i don't keep track of it) so far i know (at least here) it was already a thing with the iphone 6, although the waiting times are a different story...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Exactly...

I've got a good headline!

"Apple Realizes that Having Thousands of the Most Annoying Fanboys in the Technology Industry Show up all at Once, is Annoying"

You can't pick up Apple Watch in-store, only in the US you can.

That only further reinforces the question "what's the point of the article?"

as in what almost all content creators use, right.

I think its mostly about stock. its hard to predict how much to send to each store, much easier just to do it all from the warehouse

At one point in time, almost all famous musicians were using drugs, doesn't make it a good thing to use.

Can't wait for the servers to struggle to contain all the traffic from those waiting in lines all at the same time (launch day) to get it.

Well if there going to make you wait they should make everyone wait. E.g letting you buy online the day of the announcement but to buy in store u have to wait like 2 weeks after the announcement, so by that time everyone who ordered there product online will have it around the same time as the people buying in the store.

So Black Friday camping is fine, but waiting in line for an Apple product isn't.