I want suggestions on getting a laptop.

DRGHaloShadow

Hello I would like to preface this by saying I'm relatively new at this forum and forums in general.

So now on to the actual question, I am looking to purchase a new laptop and want to be sure about my purchase.  The current laptop I was looking at was a Lenovo Y50 (NewEgg link here). Specific requirements are ~$1200 and I would like 4k.  Games I want to play are LoL, Metro 2033/Last Light (at 4k), Spec Ops: The Line, Minecraft, and maybe DayZ.  I also want to be able to have skype running while playing these games (mostly LoL).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also want to use this for watching YouTube or other videos/movies in 4k. Also by 4k really I ment UDH and these games don't have to be at max settings just be able to play at ~45FPS maybe at or a little above medium settings at native res. (pref UHD/4k). So far for 4k/UHD it seems that the Y50 is best but not really the best laptop in the price range. Man a lot longer edit than I thought.

For $1200 you could get a desktop that runs 4k but a laptop? It wont be easy getting a 4k laptop for that price

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

You're not going to feasibly play Metro at 4k on a laptop in $1200, let alone DayZ.

the gs60 has 4k. but its a lot pricier.

or. you can get a gs70 w/1080p.  wich tbh at 17" is more than good

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

You are not going to have a good gaming experience with a 4k laptop at that price. Minecraft and league is fine but you won't be running any demanding game at all on that laptop. Check out linus video on it and dedice it for yourself

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

So now on to the actual question, I am looking to purchase a new laptop and want to be sure about my purchase.  The current laptop I was looking at was a Lenovo Y50 (NewEgg link here). Specific requirements are ~$1200 and I would like 4k.  Games I want to play are LoL, Metro 2033/Last Light (at 4k), Spec Ops: The Line, Minecraft, and maybe DayZ.  I also want to be able to have skype running while playing these games (mostly LoL).

You don't need nor want a 4K laptop. You won't be able to see the difference between 4K and 1440P at the average distance that you'd use a 15" laptop anyways. You will be much more annoyed at the massive performance decrease that gaming at 4K produces, and the horrible scaling in Windows as well as games running at a lower resolution (at least with the Lenovo Y50)

"Rawr XD"

"45 fps a little above medium"

"860M"

"4K"

I'm failing to see the connection here.

Listen, you want ~45fps medium in demanding games at 4k? You get a 970M or 980M and overclock the everliving shit out of it.

That of course requires you to flash a custom vBIOS onto it, which means you must buy a clevo, pretty much.

This also means that you're going to spend a lot more than $1200.

For the love of fuck, 4K on laptops is *NOT* feasible if your eye is on demanding games. I don't know WHY 4K the stupid fucking marketing gimmick is a thing or why people are making a ridiculous amount of 4K 15" and 13" laptop screens, but it's not a good idea. ESPECIALLY in shitty laptops like Lenovo's Y50, or superthin, cooling-challenged laptops like the GS series from MSI.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Sorry, but resolution is just a number in this case. You'll end up with more headaches- scaling issues, poor performance right now, and even poorer performance in the future, possibly subpar screen.