Which laptop to hackintosh?

Flight1sim

I really need help, I cant decide which laptop to hackintosh, both laptops are pretty awesome, but i use the w510 more because of its awesome screen. 

So it also looks like the processor from the t410 was in the 17" 2010 macbook pro

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-540M-Notebook-Processor.23748.0.html

1e4bff3707.png

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I really need help, I cant decide which laptop to hackintosh, both laptops are pretty awesome, but i use the w510 more because of its awesome screen. 

the one that shares a processor with a mac laptop

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

um none? Both laptops will work just fine (besides wifi card which i have a replacement for)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I would say go with the less powerful one if you can, because I would keep the other one for compatibility with programs that can take advantage of the extra power that it has.

I would say go with the less powerful one if you can, because I would keep the other one for compatibility with programs that can take advantage of the extra power that it has.

tbh they run the same basically, the w510 (which technically should be more powerful) has a ton of problems due to a bad mobo (or something like that) so it crashes a lot n' stuff. 

w510 would be the best route

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

tbh they run the same basically, the w510 (which technically should be more powerful) has a ton of problems due to a bad mobo (or something like that) so it crashes a lot n' stuff. 

Ah well in that case, go with the 510.

Okay lemme add that if i go with the W510, the T410 will be basically useless because i personally wouldn't bother using it

As having experience with making a hackintosh, be prepared for SEVERAL hours worth of troubleshooting, especially with computers that don't have the exact same specs as an actual mac. Lots and lots of troubleshooting (at least in my experience anyways). Besides that, I wish you luck, and if you have the time, it is a lot of fun to do. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

As having experience with making a hackintosh, be prepared for SEVERAL hours worth of troubleshooting, especially with computers that don't have the exact same specs as an actual mac. Lots and lots of troubleshooting (at least in my experience anyways). Besides that, I wish you luck, and if you have the time, it is a lot of fun to do. 

I expect many hours! :) 

lol the t410's i5 540m is actually a processor from the 2010 macbook pro :)

1e4bff3707.png