Windows on Macbook Pro Battery Life?

wwsalmon

I've been looking for a good Windows laptop under $2000 that has 8+ hours of battery life, is thin and light (<4 lbs), and has decent performance (enough for decently fast video editing and rendering and things like Minecraft). I considered Razer Blade 14 but it doesn't have good enough battery life; Lenovo ThinkPad T440/T450S is too bulky, and so what I'm eyeing is the Macbook Pro 13 inch 2015. It's got a good design, good battery life, and good performance, and I'm thinking of installing Windows 10 on it through Boot Camp. However, Windows is more inefficient than OSX, so can anybody tell me if the performance is as good on Windows as it is on OSX? (Battery life and performance)? Also, are there any good Windows options? Thanks!

Also, are there any good Windows options?

Zenbook UX303? XPS 13?

"Rawr XD"

2015 XPS 13 is not powerful enough, UX303 has only 6 hours of battery life.

2015 XPS 13 is not powerful enough

What do you mean... the XPS 13 is just as powerful as the 2015 rMBP 13" for video editing and rendering 

"Rawr XD"

What do you mean... the XPS 13 is just as powerful as the 2015 rMBP 13" for video editing and rendering 

XPS: 5500 Graphics

MBP: 6100 Graphics

I'm not sure, is the difference in performance significant enough for light video editing and gaming to be a major concern?

XPS: 5500 Graphics

MBP: 6100 Graphics

I'm not sure, is the difference in performance significant enough for light video editing and gaming to be a major concern?

That will only matter if you're really pushing the iGPU (which Minecraft isn't going to do). Video editing is much more of a CPU demanding task, and hardware acceleration, if supported in your video editing software, is done through QuickSync (H.264 decoder/encoder), which performs the same on either chip. With both running Windows, you are not going to notice the 100MHz difference between the i7-5557U MacBook and the i7-5500U XPS 13.

"Rawr XD"

That will only matter if you're really pushing the iGPU (which Minecraft isn't going to do). Video editing is much more of a CPU demanding task, and hardware acceleration, if supported in your video editing software, is done through QuickSync (H.264 decoder/encoder), which performs the same on either chip. With both running Windows, you are not going to notice the 100MHz difference between the i7-5557U MacBook and the i7-5500U XPS 13.

Okay, thanks! I might just take the XPS 13 then.