What do low temperatures actually mean?

Paulisnowon

Morning!

I have recently started stress testing my PC to see where I can get some more performance from, or to see what may need upgrading.

My GTX 680 does not rise above 64 degrees and my i5-4670k does not rise above 54 degrees.

What does this actually mean, does it mean that I just have great cooling (doubt it), or is that normal temperatures for these parts, or is it that because they are not top spec components they won't get that hot.

The only reason I ask because I often see LTT videos where they run stuff at much higher temperatures.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

What case do you have?

Lower temps= more over clocking head room eg. the higher the clock speed the more heat the component produces.

Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte GTX 980 G1, Kingston Hyper X fury 16GB, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Cooler Master Hyper 212x, NZXT Noctis 450, Samsung 850 EVO 128GB + WD caviar blue 1TB, EVGA 750W G2. 

Doing what? I highly doubt that's running Aida 64 and Fire Strike Extreme. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

If you are running a GPU or CPU at an overclocked settings then that means they will run hotter which isn;t bad as long as you have a good cooling solution.

What type of heat sinks do you have on your graphics card and processor?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Morning!

I have recently started stress testing my PC to see where I can get some more performance from, or to see what may need upgrading.

My GTX 680 does not rise above 64 degrees and my i5-4670k does not rise above 54 degrees.

What does this actually mean, does it mean that I just have great cooling (doubt it), or is that normal temperatures for these parts, or is it that because they are not top spec components they won't get that hot.

The only reason I ask because I often see LTT videos where they run stuff at much higher temperatures.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Lower temps are better.

It provides longer life span

less noise

Less heat in your room

But if you're into overclocking it means you have room to overclock the processors. When you overclock your components output more heat.

What case do you have?

corsair 200r. Not the windowed version.

Lower temps are better.

less noise

Less heat in your room

But if you're into overclocking it means you have room to overclock the processors. When you overclock your components output more heat.

While you are at the topic how is 75-77degrees C load tempt for a 290x? and 44C for idle tempt

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

What 680/CPU cooler/case/case fans do you have?

I have the corsair 200r, my 680 is the windforce with 3 fans, my cooler is the evo 212, I have the stock fans at the front and rear. I have 2 cheapish fans, one on the bottom pulling air in and one on the top above the CPU pushing air out.

Doing what? I highly doubt that's running Aida 64 and Fire Strike Extreme.

I have been running everything from MSI kombustor. If you have a better test please let me know.

If you are running a GPU or CPU at an overclocked settings then that means they will run hotter which isn;t bad as long as you have a good cooling solution.

What type of heat sinks do you have on your graphics card and processor?

I have the evo 212 and my graphics card is the windforce with 3 fans on it.

54C for CPU temps sounds like low room temp or really easy stress like gaming. With more intensive stress test you will see 70-75C temp easy.

I have been running everything from MSI kombustor. If you have a better test please let me know.

Thats more GPU stressing. Try Aida64, OCCT or XTU for CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54C for CPU temps sounds like low room temp or really easy stress like gaming. With more intensive stress test you will see 70-75C temp easy.

Thats more GPU stressing. Try Aida64, OCCT or XTU for CPU.

I'll give them a try, Thankyou.

Lower temps are better.

less noise

Less heat in your room

If they're achieved via better cooling solution, the heat in your room is the same, just the chip is cooler.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900