Not sure if desktop can fit liquid cooling HP Envy 700-215xt

I have an HP Envy 700-215xt desktop. Here is a picture of inside the computer: 
http://c773974.r74.cf2.rackcdn.com/434815_328583_05_fro...

Is it possible to replace the stock heatsink and the fan on the right side? I've heard the stock heatsink has some issues, so I wanted to use sealed liquid cooler, maybe 120mm.. however I'm not sure if there's enough room.

If that right rear fan is 120mm, then it might be possible. If you have no 120mm fan mounts anywhere, then it won't work

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

i have a (surprisingly) similar acer system, and from the looks i even have the same cooler, which (for me) has always been fine.

i do kindly suggest not to tinker around too much with those prebuilt machines. replacing the cooling solutions is (most likely) fine, but i doubt thats worth it. they (unlike other more design-oriented companies) make sure their hardware doesnt throttle into oblivion with the cooling solution they provide.

EDIT: do 120mm watercoolers even exist? O.o

i have a (surprisingly) similar acer system, and from the looks i even have the same cooler, which (for me) has always been fine.

i do kindly suggest not to tinker around too much with those prebuilt machines. replacing the cooling solutions is (most likely) fine, but i doubt thats worth it. they (unlike other more design-oriented companies) make sure their hardware doesnt throttle into oblivion with the cooling solution they provide.

EDIT: do 120mm watercoolers even exist? O.o

Um... Yeah they exist. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

look at it like this: that cooler has around the same diameter as the stock cooler.

guessing from a few details its twice as thick, giving you twice the surface area.

adding in that the fan also seems to be a tad better than the stock intel one.

why would you /need/ more cooling?

I wanted to add more cooling since I was planning on changing to my GC GTX 660 for the time being until I decide on a better graphics card. I would also have to change the PSU then since it's only 300W. I was worried the computer would overheat otherwise.

My older desktop had 120mm liquid cooler so I would prefer to keep temps the same. Just not sure if air cooling with this weak fan would allow me to keep my computer on for long periods of time.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

those are 80/92mm fans, as for an AIO, there is not an AIO in that size option.

you could measure to see if a 120 fna can fit in the rear i/o area, mod the case

accordingly, but the problem will be once fitted, the interference of the cooler

and mobo will be the next issue.

save your cash for a case upgrade and use the stock stuff for now, till budget is saved.

Thanks!

My plan was

1 OD
    1 HDD
    16 Dual DIMM
    1 GC, Dual Fan prob 2 slot, maybe upgrade to SLI later
    1 PCIe SSD (maybe)

Should I just swap out PSU, change fan and new air cooler or is it much more worthwhile to invest in a new case so it could be spacy and I could have my cooler.

I was thinking of this case: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?sdtid=7686387&EdpNo=9591958&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=lw9MynSeamY&AffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-2W7TTNMNU0edIirIz6HWDQ.

Any other case suggestions would be nice. I can't seem to see where the LED power switch on this guy is though.