Why Are Prebuilts So Expensive?

Comessy

The price of prebuilt computers are ridiculous, there is really no reason that someone should ever buy one

For example this computer here 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-slc7600-gaming-pc-intel-core-i7-4790k-2tb-hdd-16gb-ram-english-slc7600/10367165.aspx?path=12f11b0327ad5175caf4909d79416d43en02

Can be built for $550 LESS

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YrtfjX

There is a shop in my city that also builds computers, but for twice as much as you can build it yourself

I understand that some people dont know how to build a computer, or think that its too hard. But really I think its easier than building a lego set.

If anyone you know wants to buy a prebuilt, please let them know that you can build it for them for a much lower price :)

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

because people don't know any better if they don't know how to build their own , and because the company making it has to make profit and still pay their employees 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Warranty, not knowing how to build it, construction charges, and just being able too are all reasons that make it prebuilds priced higher.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Cause they need to profit, especially instore when the actual store, and the manufacturer need to make a profit.

At around $200, you can't really build much better unless you get free windows licenses or cheaper ones somehow. 

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

My question would be why do so many companies pair an I7 and an X50 or X60 Nvidia gpu... It is like they don't know what I5s are.

I was going to post something about them having overhead and you not, but that is just trickery. They are hoping that somebody uninformed will see the i7 and buy it because of that. Meanwhile they are getting a 960 and will probably wonder why their brand new $1800 rig is mid tier.

Because most people are extremely lazy and just don't want to bother with doing research. In this case they also don't know how much each component by itself costs, which is another factor why these companies can price them so high.

Btw always gotta love these prebuilts with a ballin' processor and a cheap ass graphics card to save money.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Because profit bruh....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Because if something stops working you call them and they find the solution, no troubleshooting knowledge required for the consumer!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Did those morons really use a 4790K with a H81 chipset, so there's no OCing, and with a 960? As nice of a card as it is, it would have made more sense to go 970!

We really need a pre-built manufacturer who knows how to choose some good specs...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

did those morons really use a 4790K with a H81 chipset, so there's no OCing, and with a 960? As nice of a card as it s, it would have made more sense to go 970!

When un-informed people are looking at buying a computer, all they care about is the processor and how many cores it has 

"ERRRRmahgod it haz 6 kores!!!!"

Then they dont even care about the gpu

Because warranty, and how much is your time worth. Also, for businesses, how much is your down time loosing you.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Warranty, not knowing how to build it, construction charges, and just being able too are all reasons that make it prebuilds priced higher.

Because if something stops working you call them and they find the solution, no troubleshooting knowledge required for the consumer!

Because warranty, and how much is your time worth. Also, for businesses, how much is your down time loosing you.

But is the warranty and construction really worth that much money?

Especially when all of the parts already have a warranty :/

And how long does it take you to build it? An hour, maybe 2?

My question would be why do so many companies pair an I7 and an X50 or X60 Nvidia gpu... It is like they don't know what I5s are.

Because there are a lot of people that don't need 3D performance.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Because there are a lot of people that don't need 3D performance.

"New! CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme SLC7600 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-4790K/2TB HDD/16GB RAM) - English - Online Only"

"New! CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme SLC7600 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-4790K/2TB HDD/16GB RAM) - English - Online Only"

lol forgot about those, i was thinking more of hp, dell and those types. I agree with you on these ones.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It is not a matter of just warranty, you pay the knowledge to build it and to service it or RMA it...

If my grandma's pc stops working she would call someone to repair it (me) she wouldnot know how to find out whats wrong!

So if you dont have the knowledge, or a family member or friend to help you buy the pc you go "safe" in the biggest store you can find.

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Not all are *ridiculously* overpriced... e.g: our Vanquish line.

+1

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Most people are scared to build computers their first time, and may not realize that it's as easy as putting together some Ikea furniture; and they may also be too lazy to do research on computer parts. If you're too busy/lazy, have a lot of extra money, and aren't technically inclined, pre-builts are the way to go!

Not all are *ridiculously* overpriced... e.g: our Vanquish line.

ok your prebuilts are reasonably balanced i'll give you that, unlike almost every other prebuilts.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

lol forgot about those, i was thinking more of hp, dell and those types. I agree with you on these ones.

No problem, we all make mistakes.

Forgot the DVD drive and OS ;)

We dont use those! ;)

And how much are both of those, maybe $100