So let's say the 390 is 700$

AsGoodAsAHacker

If it will beat or match a 1000$ Titan and be priced at 550$ then nvidia is going to crap themselves. Only hard on loyal nvidia guys would buy nvidia cards if that were the case. I think if that card released for 550 then I would crap myself as well.

The Titan has always been expensive, NVIDIA will release the 980ti at around a similar performance mark with 6GB of GDDR5 for hopefully less than $700 before or soon after the 390/390x release/releases. In this manner, they will still have a competitive card at that price point. NVIDIA has released the Titan cards just because they can, and have been waiting for AMD to catch up ever since.

so historically speaking we should get 30% plus the increase in performance from new men technology. It may be 50% May be 30%. I guess I'll wait to find out. If it's 50% then I might as well xf anyways because my gain would be near as much for a fraction of the price. Literally

I'm guessing it won't be 50%. A jump that high and AMD might be competing with themselves. I would expect if they do have a GPU capable of a 50% improvement, it's gonna be priced really high to compete with the Titan X (probably around $800) while the 30% jump would compete with the GTX 980 (beating it slightly). Otherwise they would probably just hang onto the 50% higher performance one and release it to strike back at a 980 Ti release.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

I'm guessing it won't be 50%. A jump that high and AMD might be competing with themselves. I would expect if they do have a GPU capable of a 50% improvement, it's gonna be priced really high to compete with the Titan X (probably around $800) while the 30% jump would compete with the GTX 980 (beating it slightly). Otherwise they would probably just hang onto the 50% higher performance one and release it to strike back at a 980 Ti release.

Well I mean, I don't even really think amd cares about the 980ti. We have been told the cards will release in q2 this year, which is around June. The 980ti is still unknown if it even exists. Although we know it will happen eventually. As we have seen before this is what will happen.

Amd releases new price performance badass cards. Nvidia counters with faster but more expensive cards, and releases some super card (980ti) then amd will release a 395x2 and then that's what we have until next year. Historically nvidias price to performance is piss poor, except the 970 if you can ignore its mem flaws. Otherwise amd is in its own league of badass enough, and just the right price.

Amd and nvidia remind me of bmw and Mercedes. They compete, but they have two different styles. Mercedes (nvidia) expensive comfortable and can be fast if you pay. Bmw (amd) fantastic price to performance and generally their high ends are still very very fast. And last forever. (95c holy crap)

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor