Anyone taken a laptop battery apart before?

thatguy321

I've got 2 extended batteries for my old Gateway. One is shot but has a good body, the other has a good battery but a broken body with the latch catch broken off.

Can you swap the contained battery packs without much fuss? Dumb idea?

Youd be playing with fire, almost literally. Lithium batteries have a bad habit of expanding or exploding if they arent handled properly.

That being said, id assume its in a sealed pouch inside the plastic casing, if that is the case, it shouldnt be a problem. Id suggest being VERY CAREFUL and opening up the "shot" battery and seeing what it looks like. Preferably in a well ventilated area.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Very bad idea, Lithium Ion batteries like to explode, A LOT... I still don't understand how the hell we're still using them

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Youd be playing with fire, almost literally. Lithium batteries have a bad habit of expanding or exploding if they arent handled properly.

That being said, id assume its in a sealed pouch inside the plastic casing, if that is the case, it shouldnt be a problem. Id suggest being VERY CAREFUL and opening up the "shot" battery and seeing what it looks like. Preferably in a well ventilated area.

It is a sealed pouch within the case, can see it on the one with the broken case.

Very bad idea, Lithium Ion batteries like to explode, A LOT... I still don't understand how the hell we're still using them

Yeah... was leaning towards bad idea... just hate it to go to waste.

Yeah, it is not anywhere near a good idea. Don't do it. 

Just leave it, if you accidentaly damage the cells it can end badly, very very badly.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon