Why do we Praise GabeN?

Given Steam is so shi... bad when it comes to how it treats its customers (customer service contact, no refunds, <insert other personal bugs>) and we're STILL waiting on HL2 ep3, let alone HL3, I'm baffled as to why we praise GabeN when there are far better PC gods to worship.

For, John Carmack is top of the pile, his breakthroughs, personality, continuing development and being vocal about openess really make him an awesome role model and just general guy worthy of our master praise.

Strawpoll to find out #becausereasons

P.S This is meant in the same kind of humour as the whole GabeN / PC Master Race is meant to be, please don't get all butt hurt, unless it's being done tongue-in-cheek :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I think it's mostly based on Steam Sales and that kind of stuff. It's just an Internet fad/meme that got out of hand.

EDIT: with that last option in the Strawpoll, good luck getting serious answers ;)

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

DO NOT CRITICIZE LORD GABEN, FOR HE IS OUR SAVIOR. FOR HE IS OUR LOVER. FOR HE IS OUR LIFE.

YOU WILL GET ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES FOR LORD GABEN. YOU WILL DO ANYTHING HE DEMANDS. FOR HE BEARS THE GREATEST POWER OF THE UNIVERSE.

HALF

LIFE

Only complete dedication of your mind to the almighty lord and creator of joy and happiness GabeN will show you the true will of PCMR and your inner self.

You dont question Gaben x-x!? "Crime's the disease, meet the cure! Well not the cure, but more of a topical ointment that reduces swelling and itch.", his mutual friend thinks like that for sure :o. Maybe its him in disguise. But ya price cut everywhere helps :/

Groomlake Authority

We can praise him but just not as bad as the circlejerk /r/pcmasterrace does

What I want to know is who the heck said gaben was our god

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Jk :P

Because sales and steam!

(I personally don't worship gaben, though I do joke about it every now and then)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

EDIT: with that last option in the Strawpoll, good luck getting serious answers ;)

Gotta have a 'None of the Above' in polls, I don't vote in parlimentary elections because there's no None Of The Above (which is the only one I trust on a ballot) and besides, I'm chuckling @ that bit from Co-Optional Podcast (I wonder what percentage of the sex goblin votes know what it's about).

It should also help those people who never gets 'jokes' on the internet, to hopefully realize it might not be serious :D

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm

It's a joke. Personally, I only like steam for the organization and simplicity of having almost my entire game library in one place. Although, it could have better support.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Its just another one of those fucking dumb ''memes'' that makes people feel like they're part of something... :/

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Its just another one of those fucking dumb ''memes'' that makes people feel like they're part of something... :/

Because the human race isn't a big enough group to be a part of, how about 'earthlings'? 

Hell, being 'collection of atoms'. There, vast :)

post-7550-0-96573000-1427994495.jpg

post-7550-0-96573000-1427994495.jpg

Maybe the fact that he created the best game store in the world that saves people thousands of dollars?

lol try using your brain next time...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Maybe the fact that he created the best game store in the world that saves people thousands of dollars?

lol try using your brain next time...

How is it the best game store, the client is utter shite and you can find cheaper prices elsewhere. Steam is just a delivery platform and a woeful one at that, Origin has better support and i assume Uplay does as well.

How is it the best game store, the client is utter shite and you can find cheaper prices elsewhere. Steam is just a delivery platform and a woeful one at that, Origin has better support and i assume Uplay does as well.

You've obviously never used uplay xD

I don't think you know what you're talking about. It IS the best platform. It DOES have the most games, and it DOES have the best prices and sales.

the fact that you said uplay is better proves you know nothing about this subject.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You've obviously never used uplay xD

I don't think you know what you're talking about. It IS the best platform. It DOES have the most games, and it DOES have the best prices and sales.

the fact that you said uplay is better proves you know nothing about this subject.

Never said Uplay was better I said I assumed that Uplay had better support as in customer support. The sales only happen a couple times a year and the prices are usually undercut by sites like Greenmangaming or the humble store which takes a lower cut from the devs then Steam and even when sales aren't on you can buy games from other retailers at a dramatically reduced price. The community market and trading is fucked you can accidentally set a lower price for something worth a lot more and as soon as someone buys it you've lost that item forever along with this they have no mediation on trading someone quick switches you're fucked. A simple problem takes weeks to get some help with. No refunds, no god damn refunds G2A fucking offers refunds a site that allows third party sellers on their site.

Maybe you should return to your bros on r/pcmasterrace

this isnt about customer support

this is about 15000 games on ONE platform with sales that gring games down to a few dollars, cents, and sometimes even negavite cents (aka they GIVE you money)

just because you dont like it doesnt mean you have to force everyone else to not like it too

you're acting like a vegetarian upset about others eating meat LOL

Spoiler

this isnt about customer support

this is about 15000 games on ONE platform with sales that gring games down to a few dollars, cents, and sometimes even negavite cents (aka they GIVE you money)

just because you dont like it doesnt mean you have to force everyone else to not like it too

you're acting like a vegetarian upset about others eating meat LOL

Never said you had to hate it as well just don't be a prick to someone that doesn't. Also how is customer support irrelevant to this if you have a legitimate problem like losing your account should you really have to wait a week+ for some help with the matter.

Here's a tip: Customer support around the world isn't a big deal. There's a very specific type of person that demands excellent customer support which means that your average consumer will be very entitled while at the same time very incompetent to fix shit themselves (and if you think about it both those root causes feed each other nicely) This is why it works out for me since there will always be lots of customer support jobs for Americans which mostly fit both categories.

But elsewhere, people are usually a lot more polite, a lot more reasonable and resourceful and actually fix things themselves. Gamers are more on this boat and most are willing to google a crash error message, spend 2 minutes reading a forum post and try the suggested settings to fix 99% of issues. In that sense I have to agree: customer support just isn't that important.

You do need to make a distinction between customer support and customer rights. The former is just help, the later is actually really lacking in steam which would be being entitled to refunds specially since they do such a poor job at quality control on the store.

-------

Current Rig

-------