Do you think Linus should do a re-review of the Sunbeam Tuniq Tower?

Yeah! #Nostalgia B)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I think it would be cool if they took that tower and compared it to something relevant today so we can see if there has been any advancements in cooling over the past 8 years.  Just a straight review would not make a lot of sense because it's not relevant technology for most of us.  By seeing the evolution of air cooling we could have a better understanding of why something today is better than it was almost a decade ago (if it's even better at all).  

That said, wow @LinusTech you have come a loooong way from the old days!

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Heh pretty unlikely I think, but I WOULD like to do more retro unboxings.

Come on Linus you should do this

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

id personally like to see it, also you have matured ALOT as an on screen personality thats for sure, also great cosmetic surgery you got done to remove the jaggies in your face. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

THE LINUS HAS SPOKEN.

RETRO UNBOXINGS ARE IN ORDER.

ALL HAIL THE LINUS.

xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Find the tuniq

Do it!!

I found it

http://m.ebay.com/itm/371232524385?nav=SEARCH

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...

So as some of you may know Linus's first video (It was published on NCIX's channel)  on Youtube is a review/overview of the Sunbeam Tuniq Tower and it sucks the big one. I think Linus and the crew should get their hands on one of those suckers and do a re-review to in some way show how he and the videos have evolved over the 7  years and 9 months he has been around on the Youtubes. 

Link to the video: 

So do you guys think he should do re-review on the Sunbeam Tuniq Tower?

@Slick @LinusTech

yeah. he should. is there a newer versionof this tower? it looks pretty swag actually. the video was pretty lame... time to redeem yourself, @LinusTech !

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

THE LINUS HAS SPOKEN.

RETRO UNBOXINGS ARE IN ORDER.

ALL HAIL THE LINUS.

xD

so say we all

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I think it would be cool if they took that tower and compared it to something relevant today so we can see if there has been any advancements in cooling over the past 8 years.  Just a straight review would not make a lot of sense because it's not relevant technology for most of us.  By seeing the evolution of air cooling we could have a better understanding of why something today is better than it was almost a decade ago (if it's even better at all).  

That said, wow @LinusTech you have come a loooong way from the old days!

actually yeah, this seems pretty relevant. do it.

Part of me hopes Linus just does a massive troll, by re-uploading the same video with some kind of skit at the end.

You know the troll inside you wants to.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If Linus ever stops making videos, a re-review of the Sunbeam Tuniq Tower should be his last video.

He ends as he began...