Can't decide between SSG S6 and HTC One M9

Title,

I really like HTC One's design but I've heard a lot of bad things, and on the flip side I don't care too much for Samsungs, I think it's beautiful, but I like the One much more when it comes too appearance, but everything else about the Samsung I've heard is great, plz halp

Title,

I really like HTC One's design but I've heard a lot of bad things, and on the flip side I don't care too much for Samsungs, I think it's beautiful, but I like the One much more when it comes too appearance, but everything else about the Samsung I've heard is great, plz halp

Both are good phones. Try and hold each in your hands before you make your decision though. I ended up with the M9 because while the S6 is a phenomenal improvement over the S5 I still prefer the HTC design language more. Bar-bar chin and everything.

hai

There's not that many "bad things" about the M9, HTC ironed out a lot of the big blaring issues with the M8 and that's what created the M9. The only big issue that needed to be addressed before launch were thermals, which production software seems to have fixed (although the "fix" was reducing performance slightly compared to the pre-production versions). 

Personally I'd go for the M9 if you actually want something nice to use. The S6 is good for looking fancy and showing the world that you have the S6, but the hype does die down quickly after a while.

"Rawr XD"

Heyyo,

The thermals aren't nearly as big of an issue as the noise when photos are taken in lower lighting... 20MP with F2.0 doesn't mean squat when the S6 handles low lighting a lot better... HTC needs to fix the post-processing on their photos better. Just like the HTC One M7 I own? The camera is the only weak point.

Thermals was addressed before the phone came out. I haven't heard about the noise in photos being fixed though... otherwise? I'd easily say HTC One M9. It'll get better performance in games (1440P on S6 still requires a lot more processing than the 1080P on the One M9) and the large battery paired with the boom sound speakers. Built so damn good. :)

On my HTC One M7? Tbh I don't mind the chin bar at all. Of course mine has the capacitive buttons so it has features for a chin bar (tbh I really love these buttons over the on-screen.. I want my screen to be a screen) . I tend to show YouTube videos to coworkers so it's pretty darn handy. I recent got a bluetooth speaker gifted to me and it's awesome so I'll probably start using that heh but still, in a pinch? Easily boom sound gives the video more life instead of a single driver speaker. ;)

I now have a business sim card though so my next phone is off contract so I'm getting a OnePlus One which will work on both 3G and 4G in Canada and the Philippines which is awesome but I know I'll miss my front facing stereo boom sound speakers, but such is life. :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Get the Samsung S6 (not Edge). It looks great (better than any other Galaxy phone anyway), it is fast and takes way better pictures than the M9. At the moment, the advantages of the M9 don't make it really that better of a phone: Boom Sound is great, but most people use headphones(I forget what those small in-ear things are called xD), the microSD slot is a nice addition, but honestly, how many photos/songs do you need to store on your phone?

Screens are both great (S6 might have the edge - see what I did there? - but not really a big factor imo, you decide) and their batteries are both decent. In the end, go for whichever feels the best for you, I'm sure both phones are great to own.

Get the M9, or, wait for the G4 to come out in a few months.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2