Best GPU for Q9550 @ 4ghz

Hi guys

I want to upgrade my GPU! I have an ASUS Radeon HD 6770 DirectCU 1GB with an q9550 @ 4Ghz

I dont want to take off my CPU 'cause I think I'm well served with this old man :) besides, I dont have mutch money to buy CPU, Mobo...

Wich GPU will fit in my system ? I dont like very mutch AMD 'cause with the newest driver doesn't like skyrim at all...

My mobo is an ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe with 8Gb DDR3

amd will still be better bang for buck, but just get best you can afford pretty much. the cpu should keep up alright for 100 and such i would think, might bottleneck a bit but it wont make anything unplayable.

Any GPU will fit in your system, depends how much money you are willing to spend.
A titan will obviously be overkill, the rest of the system would bottleneck it.

@harrynowl

I will say the GTX750Ti is a nice GPU to pair with the CPU

or go for the R9 280 for the same price

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I will say the GTX750Ti is a nice GPU to pair with the CPU

or go for the R9 280 for the same price

since when were the 750ti and the 280 the same price?

since when were the 750ti and the 280 the same price?

It might be where he live. Where I am 750ti is not much cheaper considering the big performance gap :)

R9 280, at 4GHz it's faster than an FX CPU and most people are fine with FX up to R9 280 :)

So, even with my LGA775 CPU, my system is powerfull enough for r9 series ?

Yea I'd say so from my X5450, at 4Ghz it's only a tad slower than a 2500K.

Woaaa ! LGA 775 rules :D i had no ideia that it could handle such performance! After all these years, i though i need to buy an new CPU, afraid of bottlenecking my system

Yeah the lga 775 was a pretty strong platform. I'd say just buy the best card you can get within your budget. More than likely the Q9550 can handle it. It may possibly bottleneck it a bit, but I've tested around with cards on an x3360 which is basically a higher binned q9550. Every card configuration I tested(8800gtx sli, gtx280 tri-sli, gtx480 sli, and 680 sli) between the x3360 and at the time i7 970 performed nearly the same on either platform. The i7 had a slight edge, but not by more than maybe 5 fps on average.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

750 TI is a good match. For a few bucks more you can go for the GTX 960.

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED