Delete all viruses off Chrome?

jordanmaloney

So I have had alot of "virus extentions" added to chrome somehow that keep coming back. I know you could reinstall Chrome but I was wondering if anyone found out/knows how to either completely delete these or disable extentions. I have tried looking on control panel and tried deleting them.

So I have had alot of "virus extentions" added to chrome somehow that keep coming back. I know you could reinstall Chrome but I was wondering if anyone found out/knows how to either completely delete these or disable extentions. I have tried looking on control panel and tried deleting them.

1) delete chrome

2) clean system register

3) use w3m

What's your beef with reinstalling chrome?

Reinstalling chrome takes like 10 minutes (if that). If the extensions keep coming back, you should reinstall chrome to make sure the virus is embedded in chrome, not somewhere else in your pc. If the extensions come back after you reinstall chrome, you have a virus on your system that may be more difficult to remove. Chasing down a virus is not fun, and should be avoided by simply reinstalling the software.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Chrome itself is spyware at its core.

Use Firefox.

Use Firefox.

IMO do this.

but yeah seriously, delete chrome, use a virus cleaner on your computer, do final clean up with a program called CCleaner, then reinstall chrome.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Best thing is just reinstalling Chrome.

Otherwise you can just delete the extensions and just reset some stuff in settings.

Use Firefox.

Hahhahah, no.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Use Firefox.

Muh botnet. Firefox is underdeveloped and performs badly overall.

Just go for chromium, you won't get botnet.

@jordanmaloney

Download this and run it.

http://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Firefox is underdeveloped and performs badly overall.

Epic meme, friend!

I don't know where it's coming from though. Firefox starts up way faster than Chrome for me and hasn't crashed since I ran it on a Windows XP powered toaster years ago.

Use adwcleaner

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Epic meme, friend!

I don't know where it's coming from though. Firefox starts up way faster than Chrome for me and hasn't crashed since I ran it on a Windows XP powered toaster years ago.

There's only a handful of devs actively working on Firefox. And they focus more on those retarded social functionalities than the functionality of the browser itself.

Add to that the slower times loading pages and poor flash integration and you got yourself a deprecated meme browser.

Chrome is objectively better, it just gets shit (where you know) because muh botnet.

But there's always chromium.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

There's only a handful of devs actively working on Firefox.

Mozilla has over a thousand paid employees and you're telling me there's 'only a handful' working on their biggest product?

The reason Firefox may take longer to load pages is because Chrome is more aggressively pre-fetching, which increases your data usage and leaks information.

I don't care how 'well integrated' flash is as long as it works, which it does.

And Chrome gets shit everywhere that values privacy.

Chromium is just a scheme for Google to get volunteers to do some of the development for them.

Not sure if this helps you in your case but have a look in C:\ProgramData for any odd folders. More specifically look for .json or manifest files used by the extension in question.

I've seen this happen to multiple people and it's worth to check your chrome version. You might be running a dev branch and see something along the lines of needs admin or policy to update. This needs a registry edit to fix these problems as they might persist through a reinstall.

Mozilla has over a thousand paid employees and you're telling me there's 'only a handful' working on their biggest product?

The reason Firefox may take longer to load pages is because Chrome is more aggressively pre-fetching, which increases your data usage and leaks information.

Chromium is just a scheme for Google to get volunteers to do some of the development for them.

Thousands, you say? https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Team/whois

As for the flash part. I'd say it's an overstatement saying it "works". Well, it's great on crashing, that's for sure.

Damn, double posted by mistake.

I had to go back to internet explorer because the flash kept on crashing with firefox. I tried the solutions and none worked. I will try to figure it out because I do like it but not being able to watch a video is annoying.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU