EVGA GeForce GTX 980 HYBRID w/ AIO Watercooler launches for $649.99

BiG StroOnZ

113e.jpg

113b.jpg

113c.jpg

GPU-Cooling.jpg

Features:

• Built on Maxwell - the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 HYBRID features the most advanced GPU architecture ever made, designed to be the engine of next-generation gaming.
  • Hydro Performance without the Hassle - All in one cooling solution that is completely self-contained. No filling, no custom tubing, no maintenance. Just plug and play.
  • Sleek Looks - Intelligent wiring system and sleeved tubing make this one sleek cooler without the messy wires.
  • Copper Base - Provide maximum heat transfer.
  • Virtually Silent Operation - Variable controlled fans allow dynamic fan speed based on GPU temperature, and water cooling efficiency means very low noise fans.
  • Built in Radiator and Fan - Built in 120mm radiator and fan helps dissipate the heat, keeping the GPU as cool as possible. Fan can also be swapped or customized.
  • Cooling for VRM and Memory - VRM and Memory cooling solution separated from GPU, allowing for lowest GPU temperatures, and efficient VRM and Memory cooling.
  • EVGA Backplate
  • 1291MHz Base Clock
  • 1393MHz Boost Clock
  • Price $649.99

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/211036/evga-announces-the-geforce-gtx-980-hybrid.html

Source 2: http://www.evga.com/articles/00920/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-980-HYBRID/

Source 3: http://www.evga.com/products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-1989-KR

This is amazing, not only did EVGA do all the hard work for you, they brought it at $10 more expensive than doing it yourself (it costs $640 to buy a GTX 980 for $550, buy a NZXT Kraken G10 Bracket for $30, and $60 for a Corsair H50). Not only that, but get this, they gave it the same exact clocks as the 980 Classified or Hydrocopper. Those clocks are a 1291MHz Base Clock and 1393MHz Boost Clock. Well I was certainly correct about the price in my last thread, but I was incorrect in that if they gave it the same clocks as the Classified or Hydrocopper it would cost much more. Hats off to EVGA for providing the first consumer single GPU cooled by an AIO watercooler. Not only that but for $650, $10 more than what it costs to do it yourself, and on top of that they gave it the same clocks as the HydroCopper and Classified along with including a Backplate. This card is a solid deal all around. I will be waiting for it to be available on Newegg.com where I will then purchase one using one of my giftcards (please dont buy them all, save one for me). :D  

Update:

JayZTwoCents has a review up 1600MHz @ 54C!!!!

Or spend $20 more for an R9 295X2 :D

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Thank GOD it comes with a backplate.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

or you could just buy a cheaper 980 w/ x31 and kraken whatever its called , which would still probably cost less and do better

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

or you could just buy a cheaper 980 w/ x31 and kraken whatever its called , which would still probably cost less and do better

Cheapest 980 is $523, a Kraken x31 costs $86, Kraken G10 Bracket costs $30. Meaning your grand total is $639. So a whopping $10 cheaper than buying this.  :rolleyes:

Cheapest 980 is $523, a Kraken x31 costs $86, Kraken G10 Bracket costs $30. Meaning your grand total is $639. So a whopping $10 cheaper than buying this.  :rolleyes:

I would pay the extra $10 for a more polished product

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Hey @BiG StroOnZ, wasn't this supposed to be like 700 dollars or more?!?! 

/s

/didyouseewhatIdidthere

This is actually a little nutty on the value department. You're getting a professional made solution for a few % more than what it costs to do everything DIY. Very well done by EVGA for offering this and at that price to boot. 

I was spot on with my pricing estimate  ^_^

No, no you weren't. 

No, no you weren't. 

Sue me over $0.01  ;)

Personally I don't see this card topping $650 based on the hardware involved.

I placed my speculated number at $600-650 at the maximum. 

Hey @BiG StroOnZ, wasn't this supposed to be like 700 dollars or more?!?! 

/s

/didyouseewhatIdidthere

This is actually a little nutty on the value department. You're getting a professional made solution for a few % more than what it costs to do everything DIY. Very well done by EVGA for offering this and at that price to boot. 

No, no you weren't. 

Nutty, is also the best way I can describe this. Professional made solution, a little more than what it costs to do yourself, everything is powered through the PCI-E power cables, 980 Classified and Hydrocopper clocks, backplate. 

Oh yeah it was supposed to be $700+ or as Opcode said $750. But wait no he said $650...  :rolleyes:

Nutty, is the best way I can describe this. Professional made solution, a little more than what it costs to do yourself, everything is powered through the PCI-E power cables, 980 Classified and Hydrocopper clocks, backplate. 

Oh yeah it was supposed to be $700+ or as Opcode said $750. But wait no he said $650...  :rolleyes:

Heh. 

What impresses me is two 6 pins. Nvidia, and their partners, are really running with this whole thing of not needing beefy PSUs to keep these things going. Sure, I still wouldn't put something like this in a mATX/ITX build because I'd probably not have the kind of room that two rads would need (a cpu and this gpu one) but for larger builds this is not bad at all. 

Heh. 

What impresses me is two 6 pins. Nvidia, and their partners, are really running with this whole thing of not needing beefy PSUs to keep these things going. Sure, I still wouldn't put something like this in a mATX/ITX build because I'd probably not have the kind of room that two rads would need (a cpu and this gpu one) but for larger builds this is not bad at all. 

Yeah and those are the power requirements even with the AIO Cooler attached to it and two fans. Mind you JayZTwoCents got his sample to hit 1600MHz boost clocks @ only 54C max temps. It might not be perfect for all mATX/ITX builds but like you said for larger builds this is not bad at all. Which I might even say is an understatement. 

shit

i didnt think the x31 was that pricey :S

what about the 120mm corsair aio's, those work or no? :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

shit

You can strap a H50 to the card and it still would be more than enough.

shit

Cheapest AIO Cooler by Corsair is $60. So $523 + $60 + $30 = $613. However note, while you save $37. Look at what you aren't getting. You aren't getting a completely closed design. Everything on the EVGA HYBRID card is a closed design. Meaning everything is powered on the card, including all the fans, and the AIO Watercooler. Everything is powered through the PCI-E lanes and through the PCI-E power cables. So it keeps everything clean, also the AIO Watercooler hoses are sleeved. Secondly you aren't getting a $20 backplate. So if you add a $20 backplate to doing it yourself. Already you are only saving $17. Now on top of all of that, you aren't getting a binned GTX 980 if you buy the cheapest GTX 980. The EVGA Hybrid has clocks of 1291MHz Base Clock, 1393MHz Boost Clock. The cheapest GTX 980 that you can get for $523 only has 1165MHz Base Clock and 1266MHz Boost Clock. So the EVGA HYBRID Card has a 126MHz Base Clock and 127MHz Boost Clock advantage, stock. If you tried to buy a GTX 980 with those clocks it would cost you a butt ton more money. And remember, cards with clocks like these are binned because they are able to sustain these clocks at stock, which means they tend to overclock better.

I know I have said this before but damn, after watching JayZ video: Maxwell sure is an efficient architecture.

Hats off to EVGA for providing the first consumer single GPU cooled by an AIO watercooler. 

not quite, PNY had a gtx580 with a closed loop cooler.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

not quite, PNY had a gtx580 with a closed loop cooler.

Yes and there have been other cards watercooled with an AIO cooler as a single card before like from inno3D (but they aren't usually available in the US). I was talking about in recent graphics card lineups, that are widely available, it's the first single GPU card that is watercooled considering that PNY card came out 4 years ago. But I guess I should have been more specific.

Yeah... Might as well go for a Titan X. I've seen Jayz crank it all the way up and it was still running cooler than expected.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero