Rumor: Problem with Apple Watches?

Radxr3

With talk about the new Apple Watch, rumors have been floating around of how it will be manufactured.

"An extraordinarily dubious rumor from China suggests that Apple has been unable to solve critical issues in the manufacturing of the Apple Watch's flexible OLED display that have driven yields perilously low, while assembly partner Quanta is said to be experiencing significant issues on its production lines due to the device's small size." AppleInsider

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/23/rumor-apple-watch-faces-staggering-manufacturing-issues-initial-production-run-halved

*troll-like grin begins to appear* oh yes...

Not just because it's apple, but because I dislike the whole smartwatch idea

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*troll-like grin begins to appear* oh yes...

Not just because it's apple, but because I dislike the whole smartwatch idea

For me just because I dislike Apple.....

Although it would be good to see more competition in the smart watch space, I am yet to see something that beats my Pebble Steel in design and function

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I was expecting this to just be, "Apple Watch".

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Other than the battery you mean?

I dislike Apple very much, OS X is the only good thing they've ever done. I don't wish to be overcharged for a product which doesn't fit all my requirements thanks very much.

Form over function at any and all cost.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

well wouldnt consider because of the battery anyways. also cant they contact a manufacturer that already makes smart watch screens

Well they aren't going to be selling many anyways...

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

To be honest I'm seriously thinking about buying one. I have an Iphone 6.

For me just because I dislike Apple.....

Although it would be good to see more competition in the smart watch space, I am yet to see something that beats my Pebble Steel in design and function

Well, I can guarantee you this: the apple watch is not going to be a pebble steel killer. ;)

however what they haven't told anyone is that foxconn is looking to start up manufacture to co supply with LG and that the alleged reason for the low yield is the new material (PET) they are using in the screens which when production is perfected could provide a superior screen product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wasn't aware that it uses an amoled screen since people have been saying that the screen doesn't stay on, particularly Linus.

I wasn't aware that it uses an amoled screen since people have been saying that the screen doesn't stay on, particularly Linus.

It could just be a BS article, the original source could be a Chinese tabloid by the look of it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well they aren't going to be selling many anyways...

Hahahaha... Wait, you're serious?