AMD FX 9590 'Centurion' Benchmarks surface

S821DPm.jpg

A VR-Zone forum user has got his hands on a retail sample AMD FX-9590 (which is based off the same 32nm HKG process used on Piledriver and Bulldozer, so this is the same stuff as the FX processors, yet clocked faster and eating away a lot of power.

It has 8 cores and 8 threads, 8MB cache and it's clocked at 4.7GHz (5.0GHz Turbo core 3.0). Expected price is around $800 which is not very far from the Core i7-3960X.
lWUGiql.png

At idle, the chip runs at 1.4GHz (0.875V) but when it turbo's up to 5.0 GHz it requires 1.513V! That might not even be stable enough with some motherboards and it will require some high end cooling.

W9xG3h0.png

The processor is very similar to the older FX8350 with the only difference being the higher clocks thanks to them being very highly binned. It has been tested on an ASRock 990FX Extreme9.

85Tjsbf.png

RwJqpAQ.png

z5zCnL6.png

jGW4i3K.jpg

sFSvsMe.png

grgMe45.png

agnfCEN.png

V8akgGQ.png

HvD7St4.png

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_fx_9590_benchmarks_surface.html

It's nice to see AMD trying to compete but the power draw and price are way too high... Forget about Intel I don't see a compelling reason for most people to want this over and FX8350

I am sure this is a repost.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Save yourself some money and buy a Core i7-3930K, that's where my money would be :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Soooo pretty much everyone would still buy an 8350 before buying this.

(Everyone in the market for an AMD chip that is.)

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I am sure this is a repost.

There are lots of posts about the FX 9590 but no benchmarks AFAIK and I did search before posting.

Next stop, Steamroller.

Next stop, Steamroller.

I hope they get their act together, I love Intel but I want AMD to do well

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

no point in my opinion......you wouldnt use this many cores in gaming maybe in highly threaded programmes you would see some advantage over EXISTING intel chips or even the 8350.....but no point for the money. If your gonna spend $800 on a cpu im expecting you have money to spare or need POWER!!!!! i would just go for the 3970x.......mightaswell for $200 more =/ Also if AMD wants any chance of getting back into the game they need to work on their single core performance. If they can get their fx6300 to meet or the i5-4670's single performance then that would be great.....This theoretical chip would not stay on the shelves...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Disappointing as usual! :(

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Shit just looked at the TDP, is that normal or business as usual at AMD?

Shit just looked at the TDP, is that normal or business as usual at AMD?

Well it's an AMD product, high TDP is their expertise!

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

no point in my opinion......you wouldnt use this many cores in gaming maybe in highly threaded programmes you would see some advantage over EXISTING intel chips or even the 8350.....but no point for the money. If your gonna spend $800 on a cpu im expecting you have money to spare or need POWER!!!!! i would just go for the 3970x.......mightaswell for $200 more =/ Also if AMD wants any chance of getting back into the game they need to work on their single core performance. If they can get their fx6300 to meet or the i5-4670's single performance then that would be great.....This theoretical chip would not stay on the shelves...

-Anubikai

It's not meant for gamers, no high end CPUs really are. They're meant for people who need the power that the CPU can offer and who are willing to pay for it. 

It's not meant for gamers, no high end CPUs really are. They're meant for people who need the power that the CPU can offer and who are willing to pay for it. 

You'd be paying $600 extra for a higher-binned $200 CPU

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

You'd be paying $600 extra for a higher-binned $200 CPU

It sounds even more of a rip off than Intel's Extreme Edition chips lol

It sounds even more of a rip off than Intel's Extreme Edition chips lol

Well with Intel you can pay up to $400 more for a $600 CPU... Not good at all but still a better deal.

Well with Intel you can pay up to $400 more for a $600 CPU... Not good at all but still a better deal.

Yea when put like that it is a better deal, still my money would be on the 3930K