I need some help choosing a mouse

Go to solution Solved by bchampion96,

Hello guys.

I might need some help choosing a mouse. I know pretty much all the mice out there, but I haven't tried them so I need someone that has tried some cool mouse to recommend. I like the Mad Catz R.A.T. 5, but the price is a little bit high for me, because I'm saving for a 9970, or dual 9950s (when they come out of course).So I cannot spend a lot of money on a mouse. The reason why I need a new mouse is because I got kinda' mad, and I smashed my MS SideWinder X8 on my desk, and now the scroll wheel spins freely, and my weapons change simultaneously while gaming. I love my X8, even though it has charging problems and the mouse pointer itself lags pretty often. So yeah, I need some recommendations on a good mouse for a reasonable price. :) Thank you guys. :P

I'm loving my M60. Check out my review here: 

Hello guys.

I might need some help choosing a mouse. I know pretty much all the mice out there, but I haven't tried them so I need someone that has tried some cool mouse to recommend. I like the Mad Catz R.A.T. 5, but the price is a little bit high for me, because I'm saving for a 9970, or dual 9950s (when they come out of course).So I cannot spend a lot of money on a mouse. The reason why I need a new mouse is because I got kinda' mad, and I smashed my MS SideWinder X8 on my desk, and now the scroll wheel spins freely, and my weapons change simultaneously while gaming. I love my X8, even though it has charging problems and the mouse pointer itself lags pretty often. So yeah, I need some recommendations on a good mouse for a reasonable price. :) Thank you guys. :P

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

hello max,

if you don't want to spend too much money I can reccommend the steelseries sensei raw or a g400s or also the g500s

Hello guys.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Answer these questions and I should be able to help you:

A. What do you consider a reasonable price?

B. What kind of grip do you use? (palm, finger, claw)

C. What do you need in a mouse?

I really liked your review. I gave it a like because it was really descriptive and it really helped me. This is one of the mouse that I might consider buying. The thing that worried me about the M60 was the size, but now I know. :)

Answer these questions and I should be able to help you:

A. What do you consider a reasonable price?

B. What kind of grip do you use? (palm, finger, claw)

C. What do you need in a mouse?

A. Up to 60$

B. Finger/Claw ( I don't want a mouse that I should palm, because I don't feel comfortable palming a mouse).

C. 2 or 3 side buttons that can be reprogrammable. DPI switch buttons, weight. ( I like the side buttons layout on the M60/M65 )

I think that the M60/M65 will be great for me, but I wouldn't mind some opinions on a mouse that you've tried. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Here are 2 cheap but nice claw/finger mice with great sensors

CM Xornet http://goo.gl/JUDWP

CM Spawn http://goo.gl/bKd1d

The M65 should fit nice as well but sits right outside your budget before a rebate that is going on right now on newegg.

The M65 should fit nice as well but sits right outside your budget before a rebate that is going on right now on newegg.

Hey, I have the Xornet on my 3rd rig, great mouse for a very good price.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

To be honest, I don't really like how the Xornet looks. I could extend my budget enough for a K60 or a K65, but what about R.A.T. 3/ R.A.T. 5 ? I know that the RAT 3 and RAT 5 are at the same price, but the RAT 3 is cheaper in my country. Do you have some info about them ?

To be honest, I don't really like how the Xornet looks. I could extend my budget enough for a K60 or a K65, but what about R.A.T. 3/ R.A.T. 5 ? I know that the RAT 3 and RAT 5 are at the same price, but the RAT 3 is cheaper in my country. Do you have some info about them ?

i havnt heard anything good about them really but nothing bad either besides the general sensor stuff that you hear about all the time. If I was going to get a RAT it would be for the adjust ability.

Only thing about the xornet you should know is you get it as it sits it doesnt have user configurable stuff via software so no macros or customizeable dpi lvls just the default 500, 1000, and 2000.

I really liked your review. I gave it a like because it was really descriptive and it really helped me. This is one of the mouse that I might consider buying. The thing that worried me about the M60 was the size, but now I know. :)

Epic :D Glad I helped :)

Epic :D Glad I helped :)

I chose your post for the Best Answer because of the video that you made. It was so descriptive. The way you explained the everything. I really liked the fact that you told what was the size of your hand and how you handle the mouse. That gave me an idea about how the mouse would fit me (which was my biggest concern).

Thanks to all the other guys that helped me with their posts.

I chose your post for the Best Answer because of the video that you made. It was so descriptive. The way you explained the everything. I really liked the fact that you told what was the size of your hand and how you handle the mouse. That gave me an idea about how the mouse would fit me (which was my biggest concern).

Thanks to all the other guys that helped me with their posts.

That's great! I had the same concerns when I was looking at the M60. I ended up asking a load of people what their handspans and thumb lengths were :P I've found the sniper button to be really useful as a melee button in bf3. Message me if you get it and have trouble with the drivers. They're a bit fiddly and not very intuitive.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

That's great! I had the same concerns when I was looking at the M60. I ended up asking a load of people what their handspans and thumb lengths were :P I've found the sniper button to be really useful as a melee button in bf3. Message me if you get it and have trouble with the drivers. They're a bit fiddly and not very intuitive.

Thanks. :) And I had never thought about using the 3rd button as a melee. Well, I couldn't because my mouse has only 2 buttons on the side, which I use for Medic kit and Shock revive. :D

Thanks. :) And I had never thought about using the 3rd button as a melee. Well, I couldn't because my mouse has only 2 buttons on the side, which I use for Medic kit and Shock revive. :D

I use the third clock on my G600 many times for melee in many different games.

nice review

I have the original Microsoft Sidewinder mouse. I really like it. You can almost definitely find it on Ebay for under $60 (that's where I got mine). It has adjustable weights up to 30 grams (three 10 gram weights and one 5 gram weight). It might not be good for you because I think its pretty big, but I don't really have anything to compare it to. I would really recommend it.

Hope this helps

Love these mice so much XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Love these mice so much XD

yes I wold like to pick one up to give it a try for a while I would need the spawn though because I usually use 1600 dpi and thats not an option on the Xornet. They both use the same sensors right?

yes I wold like to pick one up to give it a try for a while I would need the spawn though because I usually use 1600 dpi and thats not an option on the Xornet. They both use the same sensors right?

not sure... can't remember XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

not sure... can't remember XD

same here all I dont know is their very good mice for cheap. BTW just picked up a Deathadder 2013 on sale and I really like it but the fact that it doesnt have some way of changing DPI with sacrificing a button irks me.