Have you ever questioned being part of the PCMR?

So I was wondering wheter you guys have ever questioned being part of the PCMR. I sure have. I mean we pay very high amounts to have the most baller PCs and it sure is fun to build them and stuff but then we get threated like the unwanted readheaded stepchild of the gaming-industry. I mean Developers don't optimize their games properly and they make sure to delay the ports over and over again. (looking at you Rockstar) Sure we have much much better graphics, higher resolutions and higher framerates but sometimes it doesn't feel like it's worth the headache when waiting for patches and releases. I don't think I am going to leave the PCMR anytime soon but I think I'll stop limiting myself to one platform and order a PS4, an Xbox One and a Wii U this evening. 

Have you ever thought about going from PC to consoles? Or just going from being a pure PC guy to gaming on PC and consoles? 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I sometimes feel ashamed to be part of the PCMR. Even the name is childish, yes we know PC's are better then consoles... who cares, its common sense so stop talking about it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

When XB360/PS3 were a few years in, getting good releases and we were getting shitty ports and shockingly lazy dev support/performance, issues and such laiden around the PC version, when some console games JUST WORKED...

This is no longer the case,..now they have it too,... but there was a time....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'm a new member, and Im not afraid to say thatPC is indeed FAR superior to consoles. I can say that being an ex console peasant.

Hadde a ps3 but chucked that in the bin, bechause pcMR!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Considering my Xbox One takes a solid 15 seconds to load my friends list, then 15 seconds to load their profile, then creashed before I can hit "invite", no.  Not this generation. 

Dude, you're using PCMR seriously, just...just stop it.

And no, I've never been a PCMR kiddie and never will. I got my computer because of the exclusive games it has and planning to get a PS3 soon for it's exclusives, probably a 3DS or PS Vita at one point too.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Not in the least. Especially when I here moronic console peasants say things like "why would you want multiple monitors when you can just get one big TV" or "I can just do split screen or picture in picture".

I enjoy being on a PC, I find myself much more entertained, and much less angry than I was on a console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I dont want a console, u have to buy games full price and u pay for online service on top of your internet bill lol.

Im thinking of getting a controler however :)

Fuck little shitty box for now. I dont have a room for motion tracking games.

If i ever bought a console it would be putely for their motion tracking games.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I really find the who idea of a "PC Master Race" to be childish and stupid. Its a group of people who believe themselves to be superior due to the fact that they have an expensive pc that can play games better than another device which in reality serve no purpose outside of a form of entertainment. Play whatever game you want on any platform that makes you happy.

Considering my Xbox One takes a solid 15 seconds to load my friends list, then 15 seconds to load their profile, then creashed before I can hit "invite", no.  Not this generation. 

With 8GB of ram can I add..

Must be 1066mhz ram :P

I really find the who idea of a "PC Master Race" to be childish and stupid. Its a group of people who believe themselves to be superior due to the fact that they have an expensive pc that can play games better than another device which in reality serve no purpose outside of a form of entertainment. Play whatever game you want on any platform that makes you happy.

I totally agree. This whole thing started out as satire and it was funny, but now people actually take it seriously.

It's more annoying and worse than Apple fanboy-ism.

I do sometimes wonder if it's right for one person to feel this glorious.

PCMR is a shameful concept. It's a given that PCs do most things better, no need to constantly shove it down people's throats and call them peasants for it. Way to make yourself look like a scumbag.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

For a while after building my pc I felt this way.  I started feeling bad about being hunched over my desk to play games, coupled with having issues with games like GTA4.  Not to mention that I had 2 DOA components and I was a first time builder... That phase fell through though and I'm enjoying PC gaming quite a bit.  One of the best advantages I see is being able to play all games, regardless of "generation."  I also own a Wii U to sm4sh.

Also, my friend is going to lend me his PS4 for the summer with TLOU and Bloodborne, the two good exclusives on the ps4.

only when i realize how long i have to wait for new games like GTA V

There are a few games I have consoles for (WiiU, PS3), but to be a member of the PCMR, you don't even have to play PC games you just have to admit that PC is better in every possible way (which it is).

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I have played on consoles and my previous pc's were never anywhere near being capable to run anything above 2d games. However, after I got a real gpu along with steam and x360 controller support and got used to using kbm, my two consoles are now abandon and i'm just keeping them to finish up  some exclusive and then get rid of them.

I see no point in going back to consoles as everything I love about gaming is done much better with pc. Huge communities, chat, mmo, voice, f2p, great deals, indie games, upgrade-ability, full functioning platform, backwards compatibility and did I mention great deals on games :D Not to mention I'm getting ready for VR once it hits and you know pc will do it just right out better than the consoles so even less of a reason to go back to consoles and just keep routing those funds into my next pc build.

It's a joke dude, nobody takes it seriously.

But those who do, scare me lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Nope, never questioned myself on the whole "PCMR" thing, love my PC and I hope it feels the same way about me >.> though I do own a Wii U and a Link Between Worlds 3DS XL. 

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

I totally agree. This whole thing started out as satire and it was funny, but now people actually take it seriously.

It's more annoying and worse than Apple fanboy-ism.

No, no, I think you're taking it a bit too far now ;)

On a serious note. There is no such thing as "PCs are better than consoles", but rather "PCs are completely different from consoles". Gaming on either can be just as much fun. I tend to find consoles better for things like platform games, fighting games and such, and PCs better for adventure games, simulators and so on. I couldn't imagine playing Civ V or E:D on a console, but I couldn't imagine playing Jak & Daxter or SoulCalibur on the PC either (yes, I'm still on PS2 for consoles :P).

I happen to have a cousin who lends me his ps3 and now a ps4 whenever theres an exclusive that I want to play.

And of course I can't live without playing pokemon.