This better than a 212 EVO?

The Dragon

3 degrees cooler is worth the 4 dollars extra in price to me. 

Well good get the more expensive cooler and less CFM and be happy when the facts are that if the tests are run a kajillion times they would likely split 50/50 on who wins.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yes? Elaborate on how the 212 EVO will come out on top in the end, I'm not quite catching on to what you're trying to say.

If you can't understand that the 212 EVO can be had for much less at times and performs basically the same then oh well.

3 degrees cooler is worth the 4 dollars extra in price to me. 

And it looks nicer too tbh, 212 Evo is so mainstream now, everyone has it and it's boring

"Rawr XD"

If you can't understand that the 212 EVO can be had for much less at times and performs basically the same then oh well.

That is completely irrelevant to what I'm trying to ask. First you mention something about doing the same test a "kajillion" times, then you bring in the factor of price? I'm honestly confused. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Yes. Be Quiet Rocks!

wow... just wow.

And yes, that cooler is way better than a 212 evo. I think Luke had a hard time installing it, or at least one of the be quiet! coolers.

You will get quieter operation, lower temps and way less noise

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

CFM's only mean that the fan is louder. Both Noctua and Be Quiet! have the engineering down where a slow fan can cool as well as or better than a higher rpm fan.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Well good get the more expensive cooler and less CFM and be happy when the facts are that if the tests are run a kajillion times they would likely split 50/50 on who wins.

I will ;)

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

CFM's only mean that the fan is louder. Both Noctua and Be Quiet! have the engineering down where a slow fan can cool as well as or better than a higher rpm fan.

No. High rpm means that fan makes more noise. High cfm means that fan moves more air. You need to compare cfm and rpm between two fan to determinate which is better and which louder. Like if two have max 1200rpm, their noise level depends on blade design. But when one moves 40 cfm and another 60 cfm, it means that latter is better in term of performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

yes in my mind it is better. the 212 evo is really best for mediocre performance to replace stock cooler 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

wow... just wow.

And yes, that cooler is way better than a 212 evo. I think Luke had a hard time installing it, or at least one of the be quiet! coolers.

You will get quieter operation, lower temps and way less noise

You're thinking of the Dark Rock Pro 3 he reviewed.

No. High rpm means that fan makes more noise. High cfm means that fan moves more air. You need to compare cfm and rpm between two fan to determinate which is better and which louder. Like if two have max 1200rpm, their noise level depends on blade design. But when one moves 40 cfm and another 60 cfm, it means that latter is better in term of performance.

Damn it! I know I shouldn't post when I'm tired. I knew that. I have no idea why I conflated the two. Anyway, the main point still stands, the Be Quiet! fan is superior to the CoolerMaster fan. Not hugely, but it is better. Now, if you go up in class to the Dark Rock or Noctua class fans then that's a home run. Those fans blow everything else out of the water.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I'd rather have the cooler that pushes more air and again if you test these coolers 99 more times they will likely split who wins down the middle.  With that said the CM cooler is cheaper so not a hard choice to make.  Get CM 212 Evo.

Look up what CFM means and it doesn't only mean the fan is louder.  Geezus! LOL!

I will ;)

OP I hope it works out for you.  Enjoy your pc and overclock the **** out of the cpu.

And it looks nicer too tbh, 212 Evo is so mainstream now, everyone has it and it's boring

That's why I painted mine :^)

gwxRY.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The CM Hyper 212 EVO is rated for a much higher CFM so I'd go with that.  82.9 CFM max. > 55 CFM max.

The size of the heatsink makes a much bigger difference than a fan's cfm.

fb3f0cdced0ff895ae46f739f3bcd4ef.png

No, the ratings aren't. Fan specs are generally unreliable and the Blademaster's specs are no different. 

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Shadow_Rock_2/6.html

1 or 2 degrees Celsius difference and if you did this test 1000 times it would probably be split in half as to which one wins.  I would go with the CM Hyper 212 EVO.  You are more likely to find this cooler at a more affordable price which is commented on in this article at the end. 138% performance per dollar for the CM cooler vs 100% for the beQuiet cooler.

The difference between the 2 coolers become clearer with oc'ing as the tests show. The Shadow Rock 2 is the better cooler and there haven't been any other tests that show otherwise.

It is better, but not by a mind-blowing amount.

CPU_stock_typical_b.gif CPU_OC_typical_b.gif

Stock benchmarks don't separate the men from the boys.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Stock benchmarks don't separate the men from the boys.

OC'd benchmark is there too.....

"Rawr XD"

OC'd benchmark is there too.....

The embed image showed stock results. 4.2ghz isn't much of an oc but it does show a bigger difference. This trend continues as the oc's are increased.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The embed image showed stock results. 4.2ghz isn't much of an oc but it does show a bigger difference. This trend continues as the oc's are increased.

There were two embedded images so idk where you're coming from with this

It's at 4.2 because under max load FPU test both coolers could barely keep it from throttling 

CPU_OC_max.gif

"Rawr XD"

There were two embedded images so idk where you're coming from with this

It's at 4.2 because under max load FPU test both coolers could barely keep it from throttling

Hmm, my bad--might be having some issues on mobile.

Bigger is better huh? If Linus was here and not on vacation, I'm sure he would have a bad joke involving pants if you know what I mean ;)

But 2-3 C difference for about $10 more isn't much, I would be more worried about DIMM slot clearance because the picture WoodenMaker posted doesn't look like much space. The CM Hyper 212 Evo has 37CM of clearance which looks like it has more space than the Shadow Rock 2.

I'll take it! :D

for like 10-15 more munnies?

u cray cray. 

*has two 900mm tower fans blowing 4*C air form outside in my windows towards my desk and two 180mm fans under my laptop, is wearing a coat because there is frost on the cieling in the mornings sometimes*

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen