Just another not-so tech savy noob question, Drivers?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

thats because the LAN drivers are on that disk...

you need to install the disk first, then download the updated drivers.

or you can use another PC to download the drivers to a USB then install them from that USB on the new PC.

Thanks for stopping by! You guess it, I just built my first PC, installed Windows 8.1, and about to install drivers.. My buddy told me not to use the disk with m/b (Maybe out of date), to go to the manufacture website and install... The problem: My ethernet cable is plugged in and I cant see my network connection? Thanks for any advice! And sorry if I posted this in wrong cate..

or you can use another PC to download the drivers to a USB then install them from that USB on the new PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just use the disk to install the LAN driver, than go onto the motherboard manufactures website to download the latest drivers. 

Thanks! I thought that might have been the answer but wanted to make sure. Appreciate it

Thank you!

Thank you!

You're welcome :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

One more question, I hope you don't mind... Is it best to go ahead and install "all" the drivers on disk (Chipset, Audio, LAN, Graphic Accelerator, etc.)

One more question, I hope you don't mind... Is it best to go ahead and install "all" the drivers on disk (Chipset, Audio, LAN, Graphic Accelerator, etc.)

Hopefully nobody will mind.

I would recommend to just do the LAN driver, and then download the rest off the manufactures website. This will ensure that you get the newest driver.

However, if you are having any kind of issue without a driver, then go ahead and install it off the disk. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes