Steam Won't Let Me Recover My Password

Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

request the email again. Check your spam folder. Make sure you are checking the right email, if you registered the account long ago, it may use a different email by now.

Also the account name is not the "nickname" you gave yourself, but the original username. So make sure you request a lost password for that "account".

If all doesn't work, then your account may have possibly been high jacked, email changed and all that. But that would mean they also had access to your email (to confirm the email switch and remove evidences?) If it was using the same password, that could be a reason why.

I recently forgot my password for Steam and went to go reset it. I confirmed my account name and then proceeded to the next page. There it said that a verification code was sent to my email. It's been 2 days and I have yet to receive this email. I've gone through my spam folder and nothing. I have over $600 worth of games on there that I can't get. Is there a way to find my password in my computer's history or something? I need help. :(

I recently forgot my password for Steam and went to go reset it. I confirmed my account name and then proceeded to the next page. There it said that a verification code was sent to my email. It's been 2 days and I have yet to receive this email. I've gone through my spam folder and nothing. I have over $600 worth of games on there that I can't get. Is there a way to find my password in my computer's history or something? I need help. :(

you sure its the right email to the right account?

i guess the only thing you can do is check all your emails, then if its not there email steam support with some type of proof that its your account.

Good luck with steam support, everyone knows there a joke.

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

i guess the only thing you can do is check all your emails, then if its not there email steam support with some type of proof that its your account.

Good luck with steam support, everyone knows there a joke.

*they're

request the email again. Check your spam folder. Make sure you are checking the right email, if you registered the account long ago, it may use a different email by now.

Also the account name is not the "nickname" you gave yourself, but the original username. So make sure you request a lost password for that "account".

If all doesn't work, then your account may have possibly been high jacked, email changed and all that. But that would mean they also had access to your email (to confirm the email switch and remove evidences?) If it was using the same password, that could be a reason why.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro